Josh Rosen for 3rd and...

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rosen is a huge upgrade over Kizer. A few things to keep in mind about Rose's first year. The cardinals entire Oline was different at the end of the year and the guy had no time to throw. His coach was a rookie coach that was a defensive minded guy and turned out to be terrible. His offensive coordinator was fired halfway through the season and got a new one that had never been one.

Rosen has all the physical and intelligence to be a great qb in this league. Also him and Rodgers seem to have a good relationship as Rodgers mentored him before he hit drafted.

If the cardinals are stupid enough to take a 3rd round for him, Packers should jump on this.

Murray is just that flavor of the month type of qb that everyone is buying into right now. Unless the Cardinals are just trying to make it seem like they will take him and find a team that will give up draft picks to take that 1st pick from them.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd think if the Cards wanted to trade the 1st pick, they'd put out a smoke screen they're wanting to take someone legitimately worth a 1st overall pick. Teams really want Murry that badly?

Reaction score
Murray is just that flavor of the month type of qb that everyone is buying into right now. Unless the Cardinals are just trying to make it seem like they will take him and find a team that will give up draft picks to take that 1st pick from them.
sure. Similar tactics have certainly been used with lesser talent before. Teams often show outside interest in FA at a particular position, knowingly good n well they intend on resigning their own guy. There’s all sorts of behind the scene manipulation and posturing going on in an effort to retain contract dollars.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I really dont want the Cards to draft Murray. Yeah he looks exciting but I feel Rosen will be the better QB. He had no OL and got sack a ton, yet still got up. He wasn't accurate all the time, but I think the constant pressure got to him and he hurried the ball. I want to see Rosen go at it again this year for the Cards.

I just hope all this is all a smoke screen and they get picks or pick Bosa.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rosen is a huge upgrade over Kizer. A few things to keep in mind about Rose's first year. The cardinals entire Oline was different at the end of the year and the guy had no time to throw. His coach was a rookie coach that was a defensive minded guy and turned out to be terrible. His offensive coordinator was fired halfway through the season and got a new one that had never been one.

Rosen has all the physical and intelligence to be a great qb in this league. Also him and Rodgers seem to have a good relationship as Rodgers mentored him before he hit drafted.

If the cardinals are stupid enough to take a 3rd round for him, Packers should jump on this.

Rosen wasn't much better as a rookie than Kizer was for an even worse team. I wouldn't mind the Packers bring in a veteran to compete with Kizer for the backup job but definitely don't feel the need to trade a draft pick to acquire one.

I really dont want the Cards to draft Murray. Yeah he looks exciting but I feel Rosen will be the better QB. He had no OL and got sack a ton, yet still got up. He wasn't accurate all the time, but I think the constant pressure got to him and he hurried the ball. I want to see Rosen go at it again this year for the Cards.

I just hope all this is all a smoke screen and they get picks or pick Bosa.

Assuming you're a Packers fan, which I actually don't know, there's no reason to advocate for the Cardinals to pass on Murray. The more quarterbacks selected before #12 the better for the Packers.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a QB driven league you want to have the best talent on the field. I wouldn't fault the Cards for passing on Rosen for a top tier talent at QB. The Browns are looking like geniuses tho after drafting Mayfield last year - their second QB in two years. Rosen and Kizer were both the 4th QB off the board in their respective years.

Members online

Latest posts