James Starks was almost a Bear

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, instead they drafted a QB they didn't need, and they cut the guy before the season starts...

Angelo was a **** by telling him he was going to be drafted and backing out of the deal, then he WASTED a draft pick on the other guy, all while the Packers get a RB that was a major reason why they advanced past the wild card round.

No no. It was a great move by the bears...

[FONT=&quot]The Bears did not need another RB.

Every team in the NFL passed on Starks until the 6th round.
How can you possibly get this excited over one game?
Matt Forte is averaging 1577 yards from scrimmage a season while this guy has done nothing yet.
We have seen great RBs in Chicago before and Starks does not even register here.
[/FONT]

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]The Bears did not need another RB.

Every team in the NFL passed on Starks until the 6th round.
How can you possibly get this excited over one game?
Matt Forte is averaging 1577 yards from scrimmage a season while this guy has done nothing yet.
We have seen great RBs in Chicago before and Starks does not even register here.[/FONT]

im sorry but you guys had cedric benson and he did nothing for you (probably unmotivated to play for the bears) and then he goes to cincy and does well.

Favre4Ever

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I really do feel awful for Barry Sanders. I don't care that he played for a rival. He is the 2nd best RB in NFL history (in my opinion, only Jim Brown is above him) and he gets stuck on the Detroit Lions? Epic Fail. Not even his immense talents could make the Lions consistent winners.

Back on topic... LOLBEARS. What a joke of a franchise they are.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's funny, the fans want to talk about getting disrespected...how 'bout this guy, I think he would qualify as having some built up aggression & a chip on his shoulder against the team that told him, "congrats we just draf.....oh wait, sorry we changed our mind...*click*"....go get them JAMES...everyone's saying we can't RUN on the BEARS...I seem to remember critics saying we couldn't be more physical then the giants in the trenches, I think that's where the packers are disrespected the most, we are going to win this game and JAMES is going to have a big part of it!:chisux:

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Even if he's not getting huge yardage, he only has to get "positive" yardage against the Bears. They know he has the potential just like Atlanta did and they had to respect the "what if" of Starks.
He's much better than his numbers belie, I think he gets over 75 yards on the Bores and opens the passing lanes with those safeties coming in to help an aging LB corps.
Go Pack!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
if we can get 6 first downs on the ground, i think that would be a HUGE difference
Agreed, and I think Starks is up to the challenge, and just once I'd like to see him get a pass or two this game, he can break it wide open.
Edgar Bennet is all in on his predictions for this guy.