• Realease or trade

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Retire

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this was his last game as a Packer, it seems appropriate that his final past was an interception, just like Favre. Their careers have paralleled each other in strange ways.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I’ll be that guy. He back next year? Want him back? Why? Why not?

I personally think he will be. Cap reasons he has to. He ****** us. He ain’t getting traded. We ain’t gonna get **** for him to thread the needle besides, I also believe next year that’s it. He won’t play his 3rd year. He’ll retire a Packer. He wants to. I feel the Packers are going to give Jordan Love a contract and roll with him. He has every right to ***** and demand a trade. Then what? We aren’t bad enough to get another rookie prospect and don’t have the money for a filler. They will contend. I just don’t see the front office eating crow on a 1st round pick which they traded up for who has showed, I wouldn't say leaps and bounds, but positive steps and just let him walk or would trade him for less than his draft round. He won’t sniff a 2nd rounder back.

Aaron Rodgers shouldn’t have even been a Packer. Let’s call it like it is. He fell to us during a time when we had another egotistical QB who held this franchise hostage. Not many franchises that can say they had back to back 1st ballot HOFers. 49ers come to mind right away. A shame we wasted his career with inept defenses, coaching gaffes and special teams letdowns. 2014 comes to mind to me thinking that was another ring.

Whether we agree or disagree with his personality, the man he is, the leader, teammate or God forbid his ****ing haircut, he gave all of us hope every week of his career when healthy, which was most of the time. Get ready for the swan song season next year. It just makes sense all around.
I’m hoping he can go out with class and not do the Brett Farve thing and just retire, he would have a terrific second career in the broadcast booth, the we can dump Olsen a**

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m hoping he can go out with class and not do the Brett Farve thing and just retire, he would have a terrific second career in the broadcast booth, the we can dump Olsen a**
I without a doubt can see him going out with more class than Favre. It’s incredible the parallels those two have but in the end I can see him doing the right thing.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I’ll be that guy. He back next year? Want him back? Why? Why not?

I personally think he will be. Cap reasons he has to. He ****** us. He ain’t getting traded. We ain’t gonna get **** for him to thread the needle besides, I also believe next year that’s it. He won’t play his 3rd year. He’ll retire a Packer. He wants to. I feel the Packers are going to give Jordan Love a contract and roll with him. He has every right to ***** and demand a trade. Then what? We aren’t bad enough to get another rookie prospect and don’t have the money for a filler. They will contend. I just don’t see the front office eating crow on a 1st round pick which they traded up for who has showed, I wouldn't say leaps and bounds, but positive steps and just let him walk or would trade him for less than his draft round. He won’t sniff a 2nd rounder back.

Aaron Rodgers shouldn’t have even been a Packer. Let’s call it like it is. He fell to us during a time when we had another egotistical QB who held this franchise hostage. Not many franchises that can say they had back to back 1st ballot HOFers. 49ers come to mind right away. A shame we wasted his career with inept defenses, coaching gaffes and special teams letdowns. 2014 comes to mind to me thinking that was another ring.

Whether we agree or disagree with his personality, the man he is, the leader, teammate or God forbid his ****ing haircut, he gave all of us hope every week of his career when healthy, which was most of the time. Get ready for the swan song season next year. It just makes sense all around.
You had me all the way until you said we WASTED his career unfortunately. He let us down too.

Uncle Rico

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You had me all the way until you said we WASTED his career unfortunately. He let us down too.
He's been expected to play hero ball his entire career. Ineptitude in the front office and coaching issues put the pressure on him to basically have to win the game by himself. When Brady has an off game or even off season, there's enough talent and scheming around him to still be successful. Rodgers has never had that luxury.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers playing another season for the Packers would actually result in an even worse situation regarding the cap than if he either retires or the team trades him this offseason. In my opinion the possibilities of both quarterbacks being back for next season is extremely small, it's either Rodgers or Love on the roster in 2023.

I think he will retire if not for other reason then he is well aware that if he doesn't he will hurt this team and hold JLO back or make it near impossible to keep him.

Onother possibility is he will want to return for 1 more season and will agree to an substantial pay cut and contract restructuring which will allove to us to keep JLO if they think he is the QB of the future. If that happens they will talk to JLO and ask him to sit behind AR for 1 more season and promiss him the starting job in 24.

Rodgers may want to come back on a 20-25mil deal because he may not want to retire after such a terrible run.

I don't expect Rodgers to agree to a pay cut as he's fully guaranteed to receive nearly $60 million for next season if he continues to play. In addition I don't believe he's interested in making it easier for the team to keep Love around either.

He's been expected to play hero ball his entire career. Ineptitude in the front office and coaching issues put the pressure on him to basically have to win the game by himself. When Brady has an off game or even off season, there's enough talent and scheming around him to still be successful. Rodgers has never had that luxury.

Rodgers was surrounded by a ton of talent early in his tenure as a starter. I agree that hasn't been the case for a long time though.

D

Deleted member 6794

So you think they continue grossly overpaying him? I think the only way he stays is if he's willing to take a major restructuring to his contract. But that's not congruent with his personality.

Rodgers is fully guaranteed to be paid $60 million next season if he doesn't retire. Aside of trading him there would be no way for the Packers to get out of that commitment as there's no reason for him to accept a pay cut.

We'd be eating a ton of his salary for the new team.

Well, the Packers would take a cap hit of $40.3 million by trading Rodgers (either all of it in 2023 or over the next two seasons) but a team acquiring him would be on the hook for the $60 million guaranteed to him next season.

Either way, you’d pay Rodgers his guaranteed next season if he plays or not.

If Rodgers retires the Packers don't owe him another cent. If they trade him the team acquiring him is the one paying him his option bonus and salary.

I’m no longer afraid of #12 retiring, put Jordan Love in and force Aaron to retire today if he won’t accept a trade.

The Packers have no way of forcing Rodgers to retire.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's an entire sub forum for all Aaron topics and many surrounding this very thing. Helps keep conversations straight.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you asked me to put confidence levels totaling up to 100% this is where my predictions lie:

60% he retires/walks
30% he is traded
10% Love is traded and we "push it in with Rodgers again"

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, it's time to move on. AR is past his prime and the team isn't ascending with him at the helm. Take a beating on the cap in '23 and get young. Unfortunately this means not only moving-on from AR, but Lewis, Cobb, Tonyan, Amos, Crosby, and probably Aaron Jones as well.

Big To-Do list for Gute, trying to re-stock the roster with limited cap space... but a serious "correction" needs to be done.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I think it is 50/50. I could see him looking at this roster and knowing that he can't take it to the promise land and retire. However, as we have seen with many greats, they have a hard time letting go. He said that he has generational wealth, but $60 million is hard to turn down. I genuinely think he is going to just take some time and reflect on the situation. He said he will have an answer by March. Until then, it will be discussed up and down and in many ways.

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very disappointed but not surprised.
Finally tired of AR trying to be the hero. Much different watching Brady and even Purdy get 1st downs vs AR. Probably better to get beat by a #1draft pick rather than Mr.Irrelevant. Interesting how a 7th round pick can play and win vs a HF Veteran isn't it MLF?
Anyway,fwiw, MLF. M.Murphy,Gute won't have the balls but I prefer
1)AR retire
2)Ask 4 a trade
3)J.Love be the starting Qb to see what we really have.
4)AR sit on the bench and count his 60million.
JMO and yes we all have 1.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why did they ink Rodgers to that monster deal to get one crappy year out of him. Stupid should be painful and it will be. Im looking forward to 2025
The larger question is why did they ink Rodgers to that monster deal and then turn around and think a handful of rookies and Sammy Watkins were going to make for a powerful passing offense.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very disappointed but not surprised.
Finally tired of AR trying to be the hero. Much different watching Brady and even Purdy get 1st downs vs AR. Probably better to get beat by a #1draft pick rather than Mr.Irrelevant. Interesting how a 7th round pick can play and win vs a HF Veteran isn't it MLF?
Anyway,fwiw, MLF. M.Murphy,Gute won't have the balls but I prefer
1)AR retire
2)Ask 4 a trade
3)J.Love be the starting Qb to see what we really have.
4)AR sit on the bench and count his 60million.
JMO and yes we all have 1.
You’re right about the hero thing. Trying to force big plays with this year’s WR group was detrimental to the offense in general.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Feel like a trade request is still best for us? I’m not sure the financial differences vs what we’d save if he walks but at least we’d get some extra return and I think many would be surprised at how much a QB-needy team might be able to convince themselves to give up for him…

Some clubs might look at the Russell Wilson trade as a cautionary tale but I suspect others would call that an anomaly and tell themselves they’re getting in Rodgers a guy who was just 2x MVP with a much higher ceiling than Russ who just happened to have a fluke down year because the team around him was gutted. And before you jump on me I’m not saying that’s necessarily the truth of it but rather just that I believe that’s what other teams might be able to convince themselves is the truth. And that would perhaps lead to a better offer than we might expect at the moment. Perhaps not a Russell Wilson level of package but probably a sizeable return nonetheless

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what the Packers are going to do with Rodgers. It's kind of funny, they've given him total control of the offense and his contract basically does the same off the field. The Packers have no control over the situation, it is all up to Rodgers, they cannot cut him or force him to retire.

Gute had an opportunity to trade Rodgers at essentially peak value and usher in the next era and instead completely gave up control of ushering in the next era. The ramifications of that decision will be massive.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to look at organizations that are poorly run like the Browns and Jaguars of years past and think, man, must suck.

It's been a realization lately that we are now one of those poorly run organizations. We've just had elite QB play covering it up for a long time and now that we don't, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to look at organizations that are poorly run like the Browns and Jaguars of years past and think, man, must suck.

It's been a realization lately that we are now one of those poorly run organizations. We've just had elite QB play covering it up for a long time and now that we don't, it sticks out like a sore thumb.
Precisely. All starts at the top. I've been chastised for it but I don't see another SB until M.Murphy,MLF are gone. Ya, I know MLF,s wins but that's coming to an end, witness the Lions. Even with McCarthy we've had major troubles in Jan. It's going to take some time to get back to the top, but will be done.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hero ball?

Is it hero bell when he's 3-8 for 23 yards and a TO in the first half of a championship game?

Is it hero ball when he refuses to throw to anyone but a double and triple covered Davante Adams when 3 other people in the route are wide open by ANY standard?

Is his inability to play well in the whole state of California hero ball?

Now back to the OP's questions. Will he return? Sadly probably. SHOULD he return? Absolutely NOT!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry if you think we've been mismanaged as bad as the Browns and Jaguars all this time I could not disagree more.

There has been decisions I've strongly been against...first few that jump to mind was drafting Love when we did, resigning Jones to the contract we did instead of Jamaal, not trading Rodgers last year, signing the DUMB contract to Rodgers we did....but to say we are as bad as management has been to a franchise that drafted Manziel when they did...gave up tons of draft equity for Watson......sorry nope. Nope.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Directly from Studs/Duds:

What a disaster; where to begin...

MLF is a fraud. His teams shrink in big games and his play-calling has even become abominable. That 4th & 1 sweep to Lazard on our side of the field was arguably the single worst play call I have ever seen in my life. Lazard should almost NEVER be running that play, then they do it AGAIN. Maybe just QB sneak or hand the ball to your 250-lb RB? He makes offensive football look difficult and complicated. He isn't a CEO of a football team and never will be. He ain't Shanahan or McVay. He is in over his head.

We have players walking into the LoS and picking up a live ball (WTF!) and other players shoving team trainers. Nixon was feeling himself and came in way too amped up; he made really poor decisions on multiple returns. We act like clowns with far to much regularity.

Aaron Rodgers needs to go; it's over. He has been a subpar QB throughout the entire season. He is paid to be extraordinary, and he is worse than mediocre. No excuses. I'm so done with this guy. I'm so done with him playing atrociously and taking minimal accountability while berating everyone else. I'm DONE with his stupid hard count and I'm DONE with the countless checks while the play clock hits zero on nearly every single offensive play. This offense is so painful to watch, and it starts with #12. It has zero pace or rhythm, because Rodgers feels the need to make sure every single detail is perfect before snapping the ball. Has he ever considered adjusting to keep the defense off balance? No, he refuses to change. Within three plays we took yet another pointless TO (how many in the past several years???) and a delay of game because he is messing around at the LoS. I'm so done with this nonsense. Get under center, snap the ball, and run the damn play, you coward.

Rodgers is one of my favorite athletes of all time, but I am completely DONE with him. I'm done with the slow-paced offense; I'm done with the play clock hitting zero every play; I'm done with his diminished accuracy and lack of accountability; I'm done with his diminished commitment. I'm done with perennially choking and walking off at Lambeau as playoff loser. It's OVER. The best stretch of QB play, by far, that we saw all year was from Jordan Love in Philadelphia. They drafted him, they sat him, now it's time to make a difficult awkward decision (similar to the one TT made with Favre and Rodgers). Yes, it is eerily similar to Favre's ending, right down to the INT. It's time.

Inform Rodgers that Love will be the starter next season. He can either retire, serve as the backup, or consent to a trade. The FO needs to grow a spine and rip the band-aid off RIGHT NOW. Rodgers has brought me as much joy (and pain) as any athlete I can ever remember, but NOW IS THE TIME.

Members online

No members online now.