IR Rule Change

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Speaking of rule changes :D.......I am happy about the celebration rules. I know that some people don't like too much "showboating", but as long as it isn't derogatory, retaliatory or unsportsmanlike......let them have some fun and allow the fans to enjoy it!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind celebrations that are fun spirited, are with teammates, with fans etc. I hate the look at me, me, me and the taunting ****. You beat them, let that speak for itself.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I can put up with the celebrations that aren't quite as PC or a bit too much the "me me me" in exchange for being able to see the other ones. I think the guys who ruined for the rest were those few that took it from being "fun" to "scripted and at a level considered to be taunting. Hopefully, those guys won't spoil it for the rest and the NFL sees that spontaneous celebration has a place in the game.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed, the taunting is the worst. I have no room for that garbage. The me me stuff only bothers me when it's for every play, regardless of it's impact on the game, or when it's at the extremes and they're dominating or being dominated. if it's 45-3 and you're doing that and you're not a 5th stringer seeing his first action, you're now taunting in my book. and if you're losing 45-3, you have a lot more work to do. Save your energy :)

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Agreed. I wish I could find the clip and I can't even remember the teams. But I remember a game where a small defensive back made a great tackle or something and he got up and started showboating and dancing around. This mammoth of an offensive lineman walked up to him after the completion of the defensive players celebration, but a hand on his shoulder pad and pointed in the direction of the scoreboard. There was like 2 minutes left in the game and the guy celebrating was on a team that was loosing like 48-0 LOL

Reaction score
Agreed. I wish I could find the clip and I can't even remember the teams. But I remember a game where a small defensive back made a great tackle or something and he got up and started showboating and dancing around. This mammoth of an offensive lineman walked up to him after the completion of the defensive players celebration, but a hand on his shoulder pad and pointed in the direction of the scoreboard. There was like 2 minutes left in the game and the guy celebrating was on a team that was loosing like 48-0 LOL
I don't know why, but the old **** Butkus in pads came to mind when I imagined the guy who was pointing. Lol
https://www.google.com/search?q=***...wQ7AkINw&biw=320&bih=529#imgrc=c3i0BqIKbxALZM:

D

Deleted member 6794

Couldn't remember when the thread left the tracks of the title. Turns out, it was post #2. :)

I'm truly sorry about that. ;)

I know you don't see or agree with my point, but extending the game after the 4th quarter into a sudden death "5th quarter" is about as close as I can see to keeping with how football is played. I think we all have this preconceived mind block that when the clock ticks zero at the end of the 4th quarter, if the game is tied, we have to figure out a magic new/fair way to break that tie......keep playing the damn game just like they do at the end of the 1st or 3rd quarter, switch sides, add 10 minutes to the clock and first team to score wins. Advantage to the team that knew how to play 4 quarters and prepare for the possibility of OT. A team that scored on the last play of the 4th quarter might even decide that going for 2 and winning the game, beats the odds of kicking an XP and then have to kick off in a sudden death OT.

I think that would take away some late game drama and hugely benefit the team getting the ball with little time left but in my opinion it's still a better proposal than to be dependent on a coin toss.

I don't mind celebrations that are fun spirited, are with teammates, with fans etc. I hate the look at me, me, me and the taunting ****. You beat them, let that speak for itself.

Even with the new rules in place for next season taunting still results in a 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen that clip also, can't remember what teams were involved either.