Interesting....

Reaction score
This thread itself is just something I noticed, and I don't mean to come off as praising TT.

It is interesting to note that TT was said to be interested in siging Lavar Arrington, but ultimately it didn't get far, and rumours are that TT never offered Lavar a good contract. Giants did, and now Lavar is with them. Recently, news surfaced that Lavar has major knee issues, so much so that the Giants are concerned.

TT was also interested in K-Rob, and many on this forum, including myself, thought it wouldn't be a bad pickup. Well K-Rob resigned with Vikings, a contract that isn't anything to brag about. Interestingly enough, K-Rob is likely gone for the year.

Just wanted to state that, it is interesting that two potential moves that could have really given this team a facelift, never happened, and had they happened, they would have turned out real bad. Funny how stuff works sometimes. :)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Remember when Drew Henson came out and the Packers fans were upset they didn't snag him? He's still third string on a team that has no solid QB.

Drew is good, but he is a statue and was sacked second most only to David Carr last year.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you confusing Henson and Bledsoe? Henson didn't play last year but he sucked it up in Europe and is now 3rd string.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injuries are a huge part of the game.

Injuries can turn a possible 12 and 4 season into a 8 and 8 season.

This is what kills me when players do not show up at camp in shape. This is what kills me when players do not spend the time in camp flexing for an hour before a game or practice and preventing injuries.

I would say that 60% of injury lost playing time in the N.F.L. is avoidable.

60% when you think about it.

And that gentlemen is a breach of contract by the players and not the team or G.M. that entered into the agreement to sign a PROFESSIONAL football player.

Professionals do what they need to do to stay in shape in the off season and prevent injuries.

R.P.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Remember when Drew Henson came out and the Packers fans were upset they didn't snag him? He's still third string on a team that has no solid QB.

Drew is good, but he is a statue and was sacked second most only to David Carr last year.

SuperRat said:
Are you confusing Henson and Bledsoe? Henson didn't play last year but he sucked it up in Europe and is now 3rd string.

Henson is the one I said is third string.

When I said Drew I figured Bledsoe was assumed. I threw in the fact that Drew is a statue to prove the lack of talent at QB in dallas. That's kind of where 'He's still third string on a team that has no solid QB. ' comment came into play. :)

packinducks76

Cheesehead
Reaction score
naturally not getting Robinson looks like a good move due to another DWI (I think that makes about a baker's dozen) and with Arrington of course you would love to get that kind of combination of speed and strength on either side of the ball but I wouldn't put the worrying of the knee past him considering he's played full season's only half of his career, and the fact that he's never posted a season with 100 or more tackles (99 is his most in 2001 which is also one of his most productive years in a turnover sense with his three interceptions that year).

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allabout........had TT SIGNED these guys, and this happened to them, the TT haters would have been licking their chops! They would NOW be screaming "He should have KNOWN about these guys! That they would be injured!!! FIRE TT!!!"
With some people, you just can't win.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Allabout........had TT SIGNED these guys, and this happened to them, the TT haters would have been licking their chops! They would NOW be screaming "He should have KNOWN about these guys! That they would be injured!!! FIRE TT!!!"

Ahhhh Cheesey, C'mon now. You can win with me, all you have to do is win on the field.

When my child is bad, I get angry with him. When he is good, I praise him. Some people will make excuses when thier child misbehaves, some on here do the same with TT.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
cheesey said:

Ahhhh Cheesey, C'mon now. You can win with me, all you have to do is win on the field.

When my child is bad, I get angry with him. When he is good, I praise him. Some people will make excuses when thier child misbehaves, some on here do the same with TT.

I call BS Pyle, no one can win with you.

After the Packers are rebuilt and start winning you will complain that it took too long!

You are very stubborn, that can be good and bad, but you have made this offseason very interesting for me and I guess I have to thank you. Ain't that a *****.

Get to bed, you have teenage boys to yell at tomorrow!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
pyledriver80 said:
cheesey said:

After the Packers are rebuilt and start winning you will complain that it took too long

Nostradamus here huh? Is this another "IF" "WHEN" "FUTURE" "MAYBE" thing? Quit questioning my fandom because you disagree.

[quote:1zcmbgkk] You are very stubborn, that can be good and bad, but you have made this offseason very interesting for me and I guess I have to thank you. Ain't that a *****.

Thank you, I feel the same.

Get to bed, you have teenage boys to yell at tomorrow!
[/quote:1zcmbgkk]

No way, not this early, I don't need sleep to yell. I like to deprive myself of sleep so it makes me even more cranky.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
This thread itself is just something I noticed, and I don't mean to come off as praising TT.

It is interesting to note that TT was said to be interested in siging Lavar Arrington, but ultimately it didn't get far, and rumours are that TT never offered Lavar a good contract. Giants did, and now Lavar is with them. Recently, news surfaced that Lavar has major knee issues, so much so that the Giants are concerned.

TT was also interested in K-Rob, and many on this forum, including myself, thought it wouldn't be a bad pickup. Well K-Rob resigned with Vikings, a contract that isn't anything to brag about. Interestingly enough, K-Rob is likely gone for the year.

Just wanted to state that, it is interesting that two potential moves that could have really given this team a facelift, never happened, and had they happened, they would have turned out real bad. Funny how stuff works sometimes. :)

Well those things are more "luck" and "fate" than Thompson doing well. It's been reported that LaVar turned down more money to play for the Giants. They never said the team but speculation is it was either Green Bay or Philly.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:

You were allowed to reproduce?! :shock:

haha, just joking with you buddy. :)

I agree porky, it isn't anything like TT can see the future, however I just find it interesting.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
pyledriver80 said:

You were allowed to reproduce?! :shock:

haha, just joking with you buddy. :)

I agree porky, it isn't anything like TT can see the future, however I just find it interesting.

Amazing huh? Whats even stranger is I found someone to reproduce with me!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

What's even more interesting is according to some of the "TT lover's" at the time, Thompson actually offered Arrington more money than the Giants did. How does this fit into your "TT's a genius because he knew Arrington was going to be hurt" theory?

Unless of course, you are saying that he offered more money KNOWING that Arrington would turn it down AND then have bad knees. He really is incredible!!!!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
cheesey said:

What's even more interesting is according to some of the "TT lover's" at the time, Thompson actually offered Arrington more money than the Giants did. How does this fit into your "TT's a genius because he knew Arrington was going to be hurt" theory?

Unless of course, you are saying that he offered more money KNOWING that Arrington would turn it down AND then have bad knees. He really is incredible!!!!
De

Are you actually proposing we discuss TT's IQ on the basis of the amount of money offered to players that did not even sign here? I don't think it mattered what he was offered, Arrington stated he wanted to play in the NFC east and that is where he landed. It wouldn't have mattered if TT was a genius or a dumb@$$.

Now Koren Robinson is another story because Thompson wanted him and went after him, which shows he clearly had a lapse in judgement with this particular player. Now you and Pyle and the rest of the Shermylust crew can run with it! I would consider not signing Koren a stroke of luck not genius!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
DePack said:
cheesey said:

De

Are you actually proposing we discuss TT's IQ on the basis of the amount of money offered to players that did not even sign here? I don't think it mattered what he was offered, Arrington stated he wanted to play in the NFC east and that is where he landed. It wouldn't have mattered if TT was a genius or a dumb@$$.

Now Koren Robinson is another story because Thompson wanted him and went after him, which shows he clearly had a lapse in judgement with this particular player. Now you and Pyle and the rest of the Shermylust crew can run with it! I would consider not signing Koren a stroke of luck not genius!

Dakota......no. Apparently sarcasm doesn't come across the keyboard all the time. I'm saying you can't blame TT for not being able to sign these guys just like you can't give him credit for not signing these guys when they screw up. The facts are that he tried to sign these guys and now that these guys messed up some on this forum will try to make TT look like a genius for not being able to get the deals done!!! "See Arrington and Robinson didn't pan out. TT was right not to sign them" :roll:

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arrington is far from being a "bust" for the G-Men. As a matter of fact, he's going to be a beast for the Giants this year at LB.

Hell, if we follow that reasoning DePack, we should proclaim TT a "genius" for not drafting Maurice Clarrett, and any other criminal doing a 10-20 stretch in the pen.