If we could only draft 1 position...what would it be?

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say the lack of a premium running back (ala AP,Michael Turner or even someone like LaDanlian Thomlinson) is all the Packers need to put them over the top for a long, long time.

Not a Free Agent, but some young stud in the draft.

Yea, I think we are one player / position away from a dynasty.

What say you?

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a tough question to answer. If it was added in that no player would retire/get traded/become a free agent etc, then I think I might just agree with you, that an elite RB would put us over the top.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Offensive lineman. Without a line to open holes, having a great running-back isn't going to do much.

OP
OP
OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offensive lineman. Without a line to open holes, having a great running-back isn't going to do much.

But when I think of the queenies and the Falcon's and the Jets, I don't think of them having a great offensive line...at the best I would say just adequate.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O-line. Pack isn't gonna spend a high draft pick on a RB, they are going to try and develop Starks. That's my opinion at least. Aaron Rodgers is the center of this team, so protecting him is key.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another offensive linemen.

If Bulaga pans out on the left, with Sitton, and another elite guy in there, we'll win a SB every 3 years or so.

But the guy needs to be really good, good enough to learn on his own, as we don't have anyone teaching these guys...

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But when I think of the queenies and the Falcon's and the Jets, I don't think of them having a great offensive line...at the best I would say just adequate.

The vikings had a very good line in petersons early years and it has aged since. Not sure about the falcons probably middle of the road but the jets have an amazing o-line that is their key to a good running game. Last year they had 3 guys in the pro-bowl. I think 2 started not sure though.

I also look at three other examples here, the first is the seahawks in 05 or whatever year it was that alexander went off on the record book. Alexander was nothing close to that good he just had like the greatest offensive line ever. That line and those holes made him that good. The other examples I think of are two teams the patriots who never have a great run game but always have a great line. The other is the broncos who use to produce 1000 yard rushers every year. The only consistency they had was the o-line. Both of these teams, especially the patriots, still seemed to win and produced in each case a very dominate period.

Besides all of this grant really is not that bad and starks and kuhn are solid backup tandem.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
well if you want a franchise changing player then i would say a rb. but honestly we need o-linemen. with a good o-line we can make any rb look good

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

According to the offensive hogs rankings, in 2010 the Vikings had the 22nd ranked O line, the Falcons came in 5th and the Jets 6th.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I wouldn't hesitate for a second to grab another OT. Detroit has a killer D-line and Chicago has Peppers, we need to protect Aaron and get a push for a RB. I still think Starks has huge potential. He is a franchise back imo.
BPA then as long as he's a tackle.
I also think we might get a 2nd for Matt Flynn and then things get real interesting. Still no RB for me, look for another CB

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get some offensive lineman and the rest will take care of itself. Protect Rodgers and develop the RBs we have and you will get a balanced attack. Kuhn is an animal and will develop well with the right backfield. The pieces are alredy in place, just need the coaches to realize it and move in that direction.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to say RB, but I feel we are lacking on OL, either a Guard or a Tackle.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I want to say RB, but I feel we are lacking on OL, either a Guard or a Tackle.

I like Starks, from what little I've seen of him. I can almost guarantee that if we upgrade the OL, ALL of our running backs would improve. Even BJax might get an extra yard or two.

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A run grating, nasty OG would be great, A Steve Hutchinson type, however if there was a Marshal Falk talent available(the do it all back/match-up nightmare) would push this offense to heights rarely seen...only if they grew on trees:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts