I had This Nightmare

Reaction score
What would happen if we discovered halfway through 2024 season Jordan Love wasn't our QB of the future? :eek:

Didn't some other NFL team, I believe I read it was the Giants, after one great year, they throw
the teams check book at the QB, paid him $$$$$, and found out they were mistaken.

Oh the horror

Last edited:

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I quess we all jump off something....super high. For me I feel like I need to see another 8-10 games from Love before I would crown him or pay him. But the brass may feel they have to do it now...Risk.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would happen if we discovered halfway through 2024 season Jorden Love wasn't our QB of the future?
It seems unlikely at this point, but it is within the realm of possibility. Dude was making throws last year where I was thinking he had to be unconscious (in a good way).

mexpo75

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be a nightmare. Would be nice to have a few more games to see how he reacts now that teams have a lot of film to see. There is risk, but a high reward.

OP
OP
Wi. Mike now in Florida
Reaction score
Nice thing about Jorden he seems like a hard working kid without ( so far) issues off the field
not like the other two wondering are they coming back to play or not.
Glad to have those days behind us.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice thing about Jorden he seems like a hard working kid without ( so far) issues off the field
not like the other two wondering are they coming back to play or not.
Glad to have those days behind us.
Those seem to come in during the second half of their careers, so hopefully we have a few years yet.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would happen if we discovered halfway through 2024 season Jorden Love wasn't our QB of the future? :eek:

Didn't some other NFL team, I believe I read it was the Giants, after one great year, they throw
the teams check book at the QB, paid him $$$$$, and found out they were mistaken.

Oh the horror
It wouldn't be the first big time mistake they made. But it would be a doozie. I can just picture the number of fans who would end up in padded rooms talking to themselves incoherently.

If it wasn't so tragic, it would be funny...... if it happened "again" to the Bears. :D

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I quess we all jump off something....super high. For me I feel like I need to see another 8-10 games from Love before I would crown him or pay him. But the brass may feel they have to do it now...Risk.
The brass may also feel that their guy is really, really good.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oh the horror

It was 1:59AM, the bar was closing and the Giants went home with whatever was left at the bar knowing it wasn't a good idea. They pretty much knew it since they gave themselves a realistic out after 2024.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would happen if we discovered halfway through 2024 season Jorden Love wasn't our QB of the future? :eek:

Oh the horror
First off, it's Jordan, not Jorden......I'm in the jury box and I need to see more postive "evidence". That last int raised a flag for me.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched Love intensely during the losses last year, not just down the stretch when everything looked great. The guy was putting the ball where it needed to be for his WRs, but the WRs just weren't living up to their end of the bargain. DBs were all over our routes because our WRs hadn't grown up yet. In that situation, you have two options. Option #1 - I'll call this the 2015 Rodgers. The QB either pulls the ball down to take a sack or throws it out of bounds, then gives the "you disappoint me" look to his WR. Option #2 - I'll call this the 2023 Love. The QB puts the ball there for the WR to make a play, let the chips fall where they may.

There were quite a lot of incompletions, passes defended, and a few INTs. However, I saw a kid putting the ball out there, trying to make good plays while limiting bad ones, and living with the consequences. We weren't winning games but the kid stood tall. Once our running game came back, Tucker Kraft emerged, and the WRs blossomed, Love looked like a rock star. IMO - he was doing it right all along.

All this tells me that the kid has all of the right stuff. He's already seen his ups (Week 1) and downs (Weeks 3-8) and worked hard to get back up again. I've seen a lot of QBs fail in this league, but Love plays differently and seems to have the character to be great. He's absolutely worth the risk.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there really any rush to sign him now vs waiting? Yes his price goes UP after another good year. But right now his agent is going to try for a deal based on his last 8 games (which is unrealistic). No knock on Love at all, but I’m sure there will be more growing pains. Right now he’s NOT a top 10 QB but will command a deal in that area. What’s the downside of waiting?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there really any rush to sign him now vs waiting? Yes his price goes UP after another good year. But right now his agent is going to try for a deal based on his last 8 games (which is unrealistic). No knock on Love at all, but I’m sure there will be more growing pains. Right now he’s NOT a top 10 QB but will command a deal in that area. What’s the downside of waiting?
In your opinion, Who are the top 10 QB's you'd want to have on your team?

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "rush to sign" I think is because he can become a free agent after this season. His price will go up barring disaster. It just matters when and by how much.

If his first 8 games this coming year continue to progress as last year, he might as well wait until he is truly a free agent.

OP
OP
Wi. Mike now in Florida
Reaction score
I say it would be of interest to the team is to wait to sign until 1/2 through 2024 around Christmas would be ideal.
His playing out his 1 year contract, and waiting to see how he does would be great for the teams checkbook.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say it would be of interest to the team is to wait to sign until 1/2 through 2024 around Christmas would be ideal.
His playing out his 1 year contract, and waiting to see how he does would be great for the teams checkbook.
On the other hand, don't want to risk losing him.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first sentence I agree with. But the second just seems an odd statement. How does that work if he continues his trajectory? Because I see that as above $50m per annum. And being a free agent, we would then have to outbid other teams (Vikings at the forefront?).

I would be interested in your math.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
There are basically 4 options, two from each party:
__Packers sign love ASAP to a position competitive contract 4/$50+ and hope he is MVP caliber the entire 4 years.
__Same if Love wants the insurance and doesn't want any of the risks such as injury or being a one shot wonder.
__Love bets on himself, doesn't sign until after mid season and goes out to contend for MVP/POY. Expect top of the scale $.
__Packers wait and see if he duplicates last seasons second half and if not offer him less than 4/$45 if they want him back.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, it's Jordan, not Jorden......I'm in the jury box and I need to see more postive "evidence". That last int raised a flag for me.
Says the guy who can't spell "positive" correctly. You must be a blast at parties.

Reaction score
My only concern isn’t that we can get better or not. I think the Packers minimal age and relatively lower raw games of experience logged as a unit is a strong indicator of that. My concern is more we finally click again this year and Chicago or the Vikes get the next Pat Mahomes. We finally make an NFC game and who else but Tom Brady comes to town on a tear in 2020. We’ve had some relative misfortune with Bak going down in practice leading up to a SB.

I will say we might have broken the curse. That draft class we got last year competes as the best from Gutey thus far. If Brian puts any semblance of another draft like that and repeats that success in consecutive years? Then I’ll predict:
As long as Jordan is standing we’re going to cause major trouble all over the NFC. Maybe not the 49 points average Jordan scored as a college Sophomore, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he teetered into that 29 pts per area at the NFL level after watching him rip teams into shreds last year.

The nightmare opponents better hope doesn’t happen is the GB Defense cracking that top 5 area or at least top 10 D with a high net turnover margin (+15 etc)

Last edited: