GB/Dallas game, from a Bears Perspective:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Al Harris is great. He's one of my favorite Packers. But he's not invincible. The last time he was matched up with T.O., Owens had a monster game. Fact.

Al Harris also never plays well against Moss ('04 playoffs anyone? I know. Tear.)

When Owens got all those yards against Harris in the '04 game, Harris was playing zone, and he was not happy about it. But that's what the DC at the time, Bob Slowik, wanted him to do. Harris will be in press coverage for sure this time, because that's what Bob Sanders' defense is based on. We really don't know what will happen. It will be a game within the game.

By the way, there's been at least one 100 yard receiver against the Packers this year--that guy from Carolina. He had a big catch early against Bigby, then another big catch against Harris late in the game. Several other catches too. Our CB's have been very consistent in shutting down WR's, though. I will be able to live with a big day from Witten as long as none of the receivers has a big day.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Al Harris is great. He's one of my favorite Packers. But he's not invincible. The last time he was matched up with T.O., Owens had a monster game. Fact.

Al Harris also never plays well against Moss ('04 playoffs anyone? I know. Tear.)

When Owens got all those yards against Harris in the '04 game, Harris was playing zone, and he was not happy about it. But that's what the DC at the time, Bob Slowik, wanted him to do. Harris will be in press coverage for sure this time, because that's what Bob Sanders' defense is based on. We really don't know what will happen. It will be a game within the game.

Yeah, I just read that here. That's why I love this coaching staff. They play to their strengths, and if you don't fit the scheme, they let you go(I still love you, Gado).

Harris and Woodson get to play mean and nasty in this defense. And they will.

This is a game I totally expect there to be penalties on Al and Woodson for illegal hands to the face and other nasty ****. And you know what? I'm fine with it. Get in their heads early. Make em know that 6 yard route they wanna run will be the hardest 6 yard route they've ever run before.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris / Woodson are very physical, imo. TO is a matchup problem

Physically I think Harris can handle TO. TO is very similar in size and speed to Roy Williams. They are the same height and TO only has 7 more pounds. Now Roy Williams is not Terrell Owens by any stretch but they are similar in most of the physical aspects. If that makes sense at all. Harris basically took Williams out of the game this past Thanksgiving.

I'll say this about Harris. He's been lobbying for the Pro Bowl this season. Now is the time to earn it. It's a huge game and if he shuts down Owens, he's a lock for it.

With this said, I to have a hard time going against TO on the big stage.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh my God, you're like a psychic or something. If you even noticed, quite a few people on here actually picked the Cowboys to win. So, give yourself a nice pat on the back and have fun watching the Packers in the playoffs.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude dont give the doucebag bears fan the time of day. Cmon now, Nasty Nate.

Haha! I actually didn't mean for that post to seem so pissed off, but now that I went back and read it, it does seem that way. Sarcasm doesn't translate so well when I'm typing, haha!