For those that think Sherman was screwed

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Espn radio and the guy sitting in for Patrick made a great point. He said good teams sign someone based on what they will do, and the poor teams sign someone based on what they did. He went on to say if Sherman was such a great coach ( as those state, his 4 NFC titles and his record) other teams would be linning up at the airport to fly him in as their new HC. Where are all these teams? Maybe Sherman wasn't screwed, he's just not a good enough coach.

I know I will not miss him, too bad the Vikings didn't sign him (They didn't even interview him).

I look forward to a fresh new start and an inovative and imaginitive offense with Brett being rejuvinated under McCarthy's leadership.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The man's gone for Christ's sake. No need to kick him while he's down. Who was this genius no-name sitting in for Patrick. I wouldn't quote a guy as an expert if I didn't even know his name.

BTW.....Sherman has an interview in New Orleans today.

OP
OP
P

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints are probably the only team that will take him. The Sherman anchor won't lead them much lower.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry about what he did to you. It must have really hurt and had a profound effect on your life. What was it? ****? ******?

OP
OP
P

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are you in love with this guy? I have nothing against Sherman personally. He was unqualified to lead this team. He led it to the best of his limited abilities. He is now gone, and will become someone else's problem. Maybe if someone hires him you can become his guardian/cheerleader on that teams web site.

OP
OP
P

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how you put the Packers are 4-12 under the "leadership" of Ted Thompson. TT just got here last year. That 4-12 record is the fruits of Sherman's labor. You reap what you sow. Those are the players Sherman felt he could win with and that his staff could lead. The Ted Thompson era starts now.

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He never attacked him personally, you just took it personally DePack. People on this board have said firing Sherman was a big mistake, if so, why aren't all these NFL teams knocking his door down? Obviously the entire NFL community does not like the job he did in Green Bay or he'd be hired by now!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well there are 4 openings left and Sherman is in the running for at least 2 of them. I'd expect he'll end up either in New Orleans or in Houston as the HC.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packman4Favre said:
He never attacked him personally, you just took it personally DePack. People on this board have said firing Sherman was a big mistake, if so, why aren't all these NFL teams knocking his door down? Obviously the entire NFL community does not like the job he did in Green Bay or he'd be hired by now!

"I know I will not miss him.."

I don't give a **** about how he or you feel about Sherman. I just think it's childish to keep ripping the guy when he's gone. Sorry if I got your ******* in a bunch.

BTW....TT started last season. I'm sure you would like to forget all the moves he made but last season he was the GM. I actually like the hiring of MM so far, but my signature is nothing but a fact. No personal vendetta.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kubiak and Houston are basically a done deal from everything I have heard.

And DePack...it was not so much he was ripping on Sherman, but pointing out the two perspectives that any GM wil have toward a coach OR player....has he maxxed out or is there upside to the hire. In Sherman's case, I believe he was stating there was no upside...the buyer knows what he is buying and there should be no suprises in how he conducts his job. On the other hand, younger, untested HCs and HC candidates have unknown potential, or upside. This is how McCarthy was certainly viewed.

Not ripping, merely pointing out a common thought process in hiring anyone for any job. And his stating that "I will not miss him", is not a rip on Sherman, just his personal opinion...ripping is saying something like "the pear shaped ******* could not coach his way outta a paper bag"...now that is a rip...and uncalled for in commentary about someon's job performance as I know many pear shaped jackasses who do their jobs exceedingly well!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bullsh1t! But hey rip away if it makes you feel better.

BTW...I wasn't talking about the "unknown expert" that was on the radio ripping him. I was talking about the joy and glee some people seem to get when they hear him being "ripped" by the media, even after he is gone. Maybe they are just trying to validate their feelings for the man. Maybe they NEED to hear that getting rid of him was agood move. Who knows? Who cares?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Good point there PACK. I'm glad you didn't go the route of bashing the man but instead stating insightful information that maybe people will stop feelin so sorry for Sherman and understand the man didn't do enough to hold his job even though he was given a two year extension.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack...you know me well enough to know that my critiques of Sherman were based on performance, or lack thereof. I have never referred to him in ugly personal terms...so chill a bit, man!!

OP
OP
P

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So DePack I am sure you will be the one leading the praises when the Pack has a better record than 4-12 next year, or when they return to glory. How about when TT and MM get this team to an NFC title game? Where will you be? I will still be here pulling for The Pack just as I've done for the many years. I don't want to see mediocrity and under achieving, I've seen plenty of that lately. The reason GB is known as TITLETOWN is because they have won THE BIG ONES!!!! Not because they have won a weak division 4 of the last 5 years. The town of GB and the Packer fans want TITLES, and someone who will lead the team there.

Reaction score
PACKATTACK4 said:
So DePack I am sure you will be the one leading the praises when the Pack has a better record than 4-12 next year, or when they return to glory. How about when TT and MM get this team to an NFC title game? Where will you be?

Knowing DePack for a while, back from the old NC forums, I can tell you that he will be the first to step up and admit his mistake. Actually, DePack would hope he is wrong because he actually WANTS to see the Packers return to glory.

What was the point of this thread? Did you really have to create a new thread, or couldn't you have put this in the "Sherman is fired" Thread that is a sticky? Did you reveal any great insight by this post? No. The fact is MS has been discussed for a HC job with Jets, Texans, and Saints. He also has interviews. Why start this thread, when really it could be posted in an existing thread. The fact of the matter is you are looking to the past, and not to the future. You are trying to kick a man when he is down. Otherwise, you would just say "I got what I wanted, and now I think the Packers can win." Yet you keep bringing up past points.

Reaction score
PACKATTACK4 said:
I have nothing against Sherman personally. He was unqualified to lead this team. He led it to the best of his limited abilities. He is now gone, and will become someone else's problem.

Good you admit he is now gone. So why bring him up again? Let it go man. Look to the future.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Knowing DePack for a while, back from the old NC forums, I can tell you that he will be the first to step up and admit his mistake. Actually, DePack would hope he is wrong because he actually WANTS to see the Packers return to glory.

quote]

Yes Depack might get a little rude sometimes, but he is a nice an honest packer fan.... and yes PLEASE LEAVE Shermy alone, I wish him well, no,no,no, I really wish him the best, and I wish McCarthy the better....

So cool down and lets hope this 2006 is going to be a great season for the Packers !!!

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
and yes PLEASE LEAVE Shermy alone, I wish him well, no,no,no, I really wish him the best, and I wish McCarthy the better....

So cool down and lets hope this 2006 is going to be a great season for the Packers !!!

NOW THAT IS THE WISER CHAMUKO THAT I THOUGHT I KNEW

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PACKATTACK4 said:
I was just listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Espn radio and the guy sitting in for Patrick made a great point. He said good teams sign someone based on what they will do, and the poor teams sign someone based on what they did. He went on to say if Sherman was such a great coach ( as those state, his 4 NFC titles and his record) other teams would be linning up at the airport to fly him in as their new HC. Where are all these teams? Maybe Sherman wasn't screwed, he's just not a good enough coach.

I know I will not miss him, too bad the Vikings didn't sign him (They didn't even interview him).

I look forward to a fresh new start and an inovative and imaginitive offense with Brett being rejuvinated under McCarthy's leadership.

good point, despite my dislike of him as a head coach, I expected someone to pounce on him for HC. I mean, 3 straight division titles, blah blah blah. I guess those teams are like me, they expected him to do more with all that talent. Division titles arent superbowl rings.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with this thread. The radio host made a valid point, regardless of whether anybody even knows his name. The interest in Sherman around the NFL has been more of a trickle than a tidal wave. But hopefully he will get a head coaching job and do well.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Better sherman than Bates getting a HC job. Bates needs to be reeejected, so he has to stay in GB and make our defense go from 7th to 1st, baby.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
There's nothing wrong with this thread. The radio host made a valid point, regardless of whether anybody even knows his name. The interest in Sherman around the NFL has been more of a trickle than a tidal wave. But hopefully he will get a head coaching job and do well.

I expect that this will draw a personal attack from 66, but the reality is Mike Sherman is slated to make $6.4 million dollars in free money. Signing him will be complicated and I am not sure that Mike Sherman has decided he wants to jump right back into just any situations.

People only know about guys that apply for the positions through interviews being set up. Mike is taking his time with his family deciding how he wants to proceed. He was a very loyal man who LOVED the Packers -- he repeatedly stated that the Packers were the only team he wanted to coach.

He has been contacted by the Jets and other clubs, I honestly don't think he has figured out whether or not he is interested so soon.

If I understand correctly his money ($6,400,000) has no strings attached, but that could be complicating things too if there are provisions if he were to become another team's head coach -- I honestly don't know. I will try and find out.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
unfortunately for Mike Sherman he just wasn't a good enough coach. Granted, his GM work may have cost him his job, but the truth is he wasn't good enough.

Members online

Latest posts