Fire Joe Barry -- Updated -- he's gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read on PFT that the Vikes are considering starting Jaren Hall @ QB... :eek: What an opportunity for the Pack... a no name guy!! ;)
So you're saying that he'll have 300+ yards and 2+ TDs? FIRE HIM! Will the defense immediately improve, probably not, but it'll NEVER be good to great under JB. How many seasons of underperforming at his job do we need to see? 4th and 4? Have the DBs play 8-9 yards off. Our DL are responsible for covering their #1 WR? Let it ride... I'm so sick of this that if MLF refuses to fire him, then screw him, he can go too.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read on PFT that the Vikes are considering starting Jaren Hall @ QB... :eek: What an opportunity for the Pack... a no name guy!! ;)
That would not be smart considering they need this game. Why would they make it any harder?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hockenson got hit/tackled below the knees as he turned to run...tore his ACL & MCL & is out util next Oct. or November :( . I am so PO'd that it is legal for DB's to do this...hits/tackles should be made above the knees on all ball carriers, imho.

Last edited:

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hockenson got hit/tackled below the knees as he turned to run...tore his ACL & MCL & is out util next Oct. or November :( . I am so PO'd that it is legal for DB's to do this...hits/tackles should be made above the knees on all ball carriers, imho.
+1 This is why Love (who picked it up from Rodgers who picked it up from Favre) doesn't plant and throw in a game except on a deep ball after he's rolled out. While they still drill "proper form and mechanics" in practice, they throw on the run in games to prevent knee and ankle injuries.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is terrible. This is one of the best TEs in the game. You hate to see the fate of so many teams impacted especially at a crucial point in the season. Harkens back to when Bahk went down before the Bucs game a few years ago. The Vikings have been dealt some blows this season. Had they played the Lions before the Cousins injury they may have won that game.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is bad, but also... What does this have to do with the topic? I thought this was a Fire Joe Barry thread, I don't see how a TE for another team getting hurt having anything to do with this thread topic.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm sure they have a backup who can run uncovered thru the middle.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
+1 This is why Love (who picked it up from Rodgers who picked it up from Favre) doesn't plant and throw in a game except on a deep ball after he's rolled out. While they still drill "proper form and mechanics" in practice, they throw on the run in games to prevent knee and ankle injuries.
I remember a reporter asking Favre why he still moving and hopping around after throwing the ball, and he said it's why he's never had a serious knee injury. His feet are never planted when he's hit low.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have nobody else that's good...Dobbs and Mullens both suck too!
Hall could be a spark. He had driven the Vikings down the field against Atlanta before his concussion. The margin for error is not as great when you face a bad defense. Addison has a bad ankle but they still have JJ and KJ if someone can get the ball to them. The greater problem for the Vikings is not getting by us. It is what do they do in Week 18 in a rematch with the vaunted Lions who will be going all out for seeding. They have to win both games no matter who is QB.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you're saying that he'll have 300+ yards and 2+ TDs? FIRE HIM! Will the defense immediately improve, probably not, but it'll NEVER be good to great under JB.
I don't really care, as long as he's not our DC when next season starts. And as long as they fire him at least soon enough to get a good choice of replacement.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really care, as long as he's not our DC when next season starts. And as long as they fire him at least soon enough to get a good choice of replacement.
100% agree. If I was bad at my job for 3 years, even if I was working at McDonald's serving fries, I would expect to be unemployed.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is bad, but also... What does this have to do with the topic? I thought this was a Fire Joe Barry thread, I don't see how a TE for another team getting hurt having anything to do with this thread topic.
The 3 previous posts to mine were regarding the Vikes and I honestly thought I was in a Vikings pre-game thread. My bad, as I like threads staying on-topic & I contributed to this one derailing. :(

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
100% agree. If I was bad at my job for 3 years, even if I was working at McDonald's serving fries, I would expect to be unemployed.
I was a McDonald's manager back in the day. And yes, I'd fire you in a lot less than 3 years. Unless you were good at mopping floors.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hockenson got hit/tackled below the knees as he turned to run...tore his ACL & MCL & is out util next Oct. or November :( . I am so PO'd that it is legal for DB's to do this...hits/tackles should be made above the knees on all ball carriers, imho
Maybe it's time to just say F-it and bring out the flags then.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Andy Herman nailed it. The Packers defense just doesn't have the aggressive mentality. He also said a player was asked about a particular defensive play and his response was that he just does what he is asked. In other words he didn't understand what the schematically was the purpose of a defensive play. Without that understanding the defensive players are unable to adapt on the fly.

He said against the panthers, the Packers blitzed much more, but the DBs were still playing off. That they didn't practice the aggressive style and the DBs didn't know they need to play tight coverage because the ball will come out quicker during a blitz.

This is coaching and I have little hope for Barry to ever adjust his MO or style or scheme to ever get an NFL defense to a high level.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I look at this purely from a "corporate" standpoint, I don't understand keeping JB.

You have an employee who (we think) is not going to be with the company very long.
That employee knows he's not with the company long-term.
What kind of work-product is that employee going to produce?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I look at this purely from a "corporate" standpoint, I don't understand keeping JB.

You have an employee who (we think) is not going to be with the company very long.
Pro
Set a precedent for not tolerating incompetence
Try out a new prospective DC - but I don't think there is anyone on staff and MLF plans to clean house

Con
Too late in the season. Will take a whole offseason to install a new attitude and bring players up to speed on any changes or wrinkles
No chance for SB anyway, would just decrease our draft position
Showing prospective coaches you will be given a long leash will attract better candidates

I'm not sure what I would prefer. I think if I was MLF I would wait and fire him the day after the season as well as his entire staff.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Probably the same as one would get from any organization where the boss has a soft spot in their heart for the non-producer.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
You haven't seen some of the gen-X / millennial tiktoks that have been highlighted in my X feed. "I show up sometimes so pay me a full week's pay."
I contributed to this one derailing
Welcome to the club

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hall could be a spark. He had driven the Vikings down the field against Atlanta before his concussion. The margin for error is not as great when you face a bad defense. Addison has a bad ankle but they still have JJ and KJ if someone can get the ball to them. The greater problem for the Vikings is not getting by us. It is what do they do in Week 18 in a rematch with the vaunted Lions who will be going all out for seeding. They have to win both games no matter who is QB.
Or..he could be terrible! We all know how great that franchise is at drafting qbs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts