1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Favre Speaks: Surprised Rodgers Wasn’t Doing This Sooner

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by dogpackerz, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +761 / 22 / -11
    And I'm sure if he said "No Comment", Packer fans would have been all over that as some type of slight. Like I said, anything from the man says or does that has to deal with the Packers will elicit a negative response from Packer fans.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,122 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Similarily, anything Packer fans say or do that has to deal with Brett Favre will elicit a negative response from Raptorman. Just sayin'.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,618 / 92 / -35
    But in this situation its just the Packer fans, the players, retired players, media, and other teams fans that are out to get brett?

Kinda seems like you're trolling at this point.
  4. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +761 / 22 / -11
    So now I'm a troll for disagreeing with people ? So much for free discussion on subjects. Of course anything I say from this point will just bring negative response from everyone else so I will leave the subject.
  5. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 8 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    I don't think you're a troll at all, you're pretty much one of us. But you're the only one sitting around wearing purple. We are having a discussion, it's OK to disagree on things from time to time. This forum would be boring as hell if everyone agreed all the time. You make things fun and you bring a unique perspective to this forum. The topic of Favre just seems to press people's buttons a lot more than I ever thought possible. Nobody is really right in this situation anyway.

I think we all need to take a deep breath and remember not to let a tool like Favre drive a wedge between friends, regardless of what colors we may wear.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,618 / 92 / -35
    You are just arguing to argue with anything that has been said involving Favre. You are grouping all Packers fans together in generalized statments. On top of that you make out Packer fans to be bitter but ignore the rest of the outbust from the media, current packers, former packers, current and former non packers. So when we say it, its just us being bitter but if someone else says it....
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 8 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Favre is freakin Voldermort!!!!!!!
  8. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +383 / 2 / -0
    Can we just come up with something like he who must not be named or SOMETHING. How about 4?
  9. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 8 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    I was being sarcastic! LOL. But as it would make Aaron into Harry Potter... maybe I'm onto something!
  10. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,122 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    BF is evil. He is turning us against eachother.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Powarun

Ratings:
    +383 / 2 / -0
    Yet honestly anything that deals with 4, Favre, or anything that is remotely close to "that guy" is flamebait on this forum. I let it go, I was going to stay out of this argument since my only thought is with a few modifications Rodgers did what Favre couldn't, and it all current Packers have been being pretty professional and respectful.
  12. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 8 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    That's why I said he is Voldermort or He who must not be named.

Lets just face it. Favre will be haunting us forever. Might as well have some fun with him. Lets make a game out of it and cast him in Harry Potter. I already have Favre as Voldermort and Aaron as Harry Potter but the rest of you need to cast all the other Packers.

I say we amuse ourselves and have some fun with Favre. He doesn't seem to be good for anything else other than causing mutiny and open hostility.
  13. Fazeman

Fazeman Setting The Pace

Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Perceptions of people change over long periods of time. What I thought of Brett in the '90s as compared to some seven years ago are two completely things. As for the godlike statues and pedestals, we have an unwritten agreement with the pigeons. They can defecate on our statues so long as they fly out of the way when we're driving by. Don't bring up the dogs man. Peta and Vick could be lurking. Have you ever cared about anything or anyone beyond four years?
  14. Powarun

Ratings:
    +383 / 2 / -0
    You know something Kitten thinking of it I could see Favre faking his own death. Just to gain some attention. Try to make people join his side.
  15. Fazeman

Fazeman Setting The Pace

Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Holloweens coming up. Favre can haunt us by walking out of his swamp like Frankenstein.
  16. Fazeman

Fazeman Setting The Pace

Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    A huge change happened in '09; the Packers went to a 3-4 defense.
  17. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +2,089 / 51 / -37
    I haven’t read through this thread so pardon me if this point has been made. The words of the classless attention-whore have backfired. Not only is favre being bashed nationally for his damning with faint praise insults, the status and stature of Aaron Rodgers has only increased. I am so thankful it is Rodgers who succeeded favre and the contrast between the two could hardly be more stark. Rodgers takes historically good care of the ball particularly when it matters most, favre was foolishly reckless with it, even when it mattered most. Rodgers has stayed almost perfectly above the fray; a picture of class and professionalism. favre is just the opposite and apparently its his goal that everyone know it. Someone please tell him everyone knows.
    • Like Like x 3
  18. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +832 / 8 / -5
    Packer Fan Since:
    10 x"s "like"
  19. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376 / 5 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  20. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
  21. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Regarding the topic about favre's "back-handed comments" on rodgers... maybe it came out the wrong way? I think favre truly believes that rodgers should have been a multiple SB winner by now. After all, Favre did spend a couple of years with rodgers... and favre was able to guage aaron rodgers potential.
  22. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,419 / 56 / -16
    I need to forget about your ex husband too.
    Like the time he came home early and found me in your bedroom closet.
    Man, was that embarrassing!
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,419 / 56 / -16
    On the one hand I think you could be right.
    On the other, up to now all I see from you is speculation.
    Do you have any examples of after the fans started getting angry at Favre, he said anything positive towards the Packers and we took it the wrong way?
    Any examples that prove your point?
    I honestly don't know of any, but if you got something I'd be curious to know.
  24. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,419 / 56 / -16
    Thursday is poker night with Andy Kaufman, Jim Morrison, Brett Favre and Elvis.
  25. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +956 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Green Bay fans care because Green Bay has a rich history and a rich continued relationship with its fans. In many cities, a player has a great career, then retires somewhere else and goes on with life apart from the ball club. Some former Packers live in Green Bay and continue to have some influence with the ball club and the community, like Fuzzy Thurston. Even former legends who no longer live in Green Bay still keep very close ties, like Bart Starr, Boyd Dowler, and Dave Robinson. Green Bay, its fans and the Green Bay Packers are linked unlike any other city in America. Pittsburgh, for example, has former players living in the city, like Franco Harris and Lynn Swann, and contributing to the community, but because it is a city, the impact just isn't the same. Green Bay fans hope and look forward to good continued relationships with its legends.

I'm one of those who admired Bart Starr as a player a bereaved Father and now admire him as a wise, gracious and charitable businessman. Starr has remained involved in some manner or another with the team all these years. That's the way it is in Green Bay.