Favre Speaks: Surprised Rodgers Wasn’t Doing This Sooner

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And, again, just to illustrate the difference between both. Here's Rodgers' response:

http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.c...5/rodgers-responds-sort-of-to-favre-comments/

”You know what, I’m just, the only thing I want to say is I’m just really proud of our guys and what our team did last season. It was a great accomplishment. It took all 53 of those guys and obviously it got the attention of a lot of people and we’re proud of the fact that we achieved the ultimate goal as a team.”

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The man sickens me. I admired him so much as a kid, and loved that guy. I mean he really ruined it when he went to the Vikings, and the way he treated Rodgers. He was offended in 2005 when they drafted him, and never helped him saying it wasn't his job to teach the kid. Rodgers has handled him so well, and to be honest, I love Rodgers more than I ever loved Favre.

And that says a lot because Favre I admired him, and loved watching him play as a kid. He thought he became bigger than life figure in Green Bay, thinking he could come back in 2008 and have his "team" back. Sorry Brett but I always bleed green and gold, before anything else!
Best post of this thread. Nice work.
We all used to love Favre.

But he really caused us more heartbreak scars than he did glory. Sure he had some great regular season moments. But his playoff body of work was really, abysmal. Well that is if you aren't a fan of throwing interceptions, when seasons are on the line. That's his play.

Off the field, he's as bad as it gets. Worse than Ochocinco because Chad doesn't rip on people like Favre does. He's so jealous. Mike & Mike this morning called it.... everyone knows.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Off the field, he's as bad as it gets. Worse than Ochocinco because Chad doesn't rip on people like Favre does. He's so jealous. Mike & Mike this morning called it.... everyone knows.

Mike and Mike said he was jealous?

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles Woodson was just on PTI (ESPN)
They asked him about the Favre/Rodgers situation....
Woody with the best answer yet:... Charles said, Everyone in Green Bay is over it and passed it. If he(Brett) wants to talk about it, thats fine. Nothing to talk about any longer.....
Good job Chuck!
Good job Claymaker for the way you handled the question of Jim Rome.....Class acts

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike and Mike said he was jealous?
No, they debated whether this was a compliment, or a backhanded slap. And both saw it as definitely not a compliment but a jab. Nothing new. When he called his 2008 Vikings team the most talented team he'd ever been on, you know (if you can read between lines) that was a direct backhanded jab at Packers GM Ted Thompson. Funny thing is, Favre ended that purple's season the same way he ended every one of ours (except the one that Reggie & Demond sealed for him).

Gunslinger Throws One More Interception

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
I don't know what it is with Favre. Does he miss the spotlight that much? Is he that bitter about Rodgers' success right now? If Favre would be gracious about the whole thing, Packer fans would find it much easier to begin liking the guy again.

It was a backhanded shot at Rodgers, "fell into a good situation?" "look at the players he's playing with?" What the hell is he talking about? As if Favre never played with Sterling Sharpe, Reggie White, and two incredible offensive lines (the Super Bowl lines and the Wahle/Rivera lines).

It's really amazing how a guy managed to turn off as many fans as he did, mostly by running his mouth. He used to be a guy you loved rooting for and felt you could connect with as a person. He's turned into a selfish egomaniac who can't help but make everything about him.

Props to Rodgers for never saying a bad word about the guy even though he privately dislikes Favre.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, they debated whether this was a compliment, or a backhanded slap. And both saw it as definitely not a compliment but a jab. Nothing new. When he called his 2008 Vikings team the most talented team he'd ever been on, you know (if you can read between lines) that was a direct backhanded jab at Packers GM Ted Thompson. Funny thing is, Favre ended that purple's season the same way he ended every one of ours (except the one that Reggie & Demond sealed for him).

That may have been a comment towards Ted, but a lot of Packers fans heard it and took it personally.

Here's his last pass as a Packer, Jet (Includes The Pick as a Viking.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icaMH-yT99I

His very last play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFHTpgZoLNQ&feature=related

A sad way to finish for someone who was once so great.
He made his own bed, now he must lie in it.

GBinNC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quite simply, the man has (100% of his own doing) gone from near demi-god status to being the biggest douchenozzle in sports.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Wow. This is getting a lot of attention. Seeing a few of your players on ESPN basically take the high road and praise Aaron.

Damn, I get the sense Favre did a bad thing here. This will just motivate Aaron and your team. Aaron is already playing lights out but he will want to do what Favre never did and get back to back titles. Not that he already didn't want that but as champs sometimes it's tough to find motivation. Between the Favre comments and the Lions hype the Packers won't be able to fall asleep this year lol.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Wow. This is getting a lot of attention. Seeing a few of your players on ESPN basically take the high road and praise Aaron.

Damn, I get the sense Favre did a bad thing here. This will just motivate Aaron and your team. Aaron is already playing lights out but he will want to do what Favre never did and get back to back titles. Not that he already didn't want that but as champs sometimes it's tough to find motivation. Between the Favre comments and the Lions hype the Packers won't be able to fall asleep this year lol.

I doubt this elevates Rodgers' play at all, it's still about preparation and focus. I do think it'll give Rodgers a little extra satisfaction when he gets another 6 TD game or wins another Super Bowl.

Packtacular

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only good thing about Favre's comments are that they keep Aaron's fire and desire stoked up to 11.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only good thing about Favre's comments are that they keep Aaron's fire and desire stoked up to 11.
That is true.
As long as the OL protects Rodgers, and the receivers stay healthy, Rodgers will erase Favre's name bit-by-bit from the record books. Except those Int records.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Exactly.

First Favre needs to figure out what exactly was the most talented team he participated on. Then he needs to realize that, either if it's 2007's Packers or the 2009's Vikings, it was HIS DIRECT fault that they didn't win it. Then he needs to realize that he only won the SB because HE HIMSELF got in a great situation with a great GM that was willing to deal for him something that NOBODY ELSE IN THE LEAGUE would, one of the top 10 defensive players of all time and a coach who was willing to let him play after numerous boneheaded plays in his first years and that was a QB expert. And that it took him 5 starting years to reach it, not 3. And that he played with MANY talented teams yet he won only 1. And then he needs to shut the **** up.

And I'm doing the same, last thing I say about the subject, and I suggest that people do the same.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles Woodson was just on PTI (ESPN)
They asked him about the Favre/Rodgers situation....
Woody with the best answer yet:... Charles said, Everyone in Green Bay is over it and passed it. If he(Brett) wants to talk about it, thats fine. Nothing to talk about any longer.....
Good job Chuck!
Good job Claymaker for the way you handled the question of Jim Rome.....Class acts

Salute to Woodson! I'm also going to borrow one of my favorite forum members handle because it seems relevent: Forget Favre! Why are we paying it this much attention? I get that he makes people angry and there are still a lot of bitter feelings over it but it looks like the players have moved on so perhaps we should follow their example.

Also, did anyone hear that Rodgers won his second player of the week award?

I don't mean to offend anyone, but to hell with Favre. He isn't even relevant anymore. He's no more than a gnat flying around our cheese. He can say whatever the hell he want to about Rodgers, meanwhile, Rodgers is laughing all the way to the SB. Revenge can be the sweetest of things but sometimes nothing feels as good as just letting go and embracing the future. Our future just happens to be full of sunshine!

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/rodgers-wins-second-player-of-the-week-award.30058/

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Salute to Woodson! I'm also going to borrow one of my favorite forum members handle because it seems relevent: Forget Favre! Why are we paying it this much attention? I get that he makes people angry and there are still a lot of bitter feelings over it but it looks like the players have moved on so perhaps we should follow their example.

Also, did anyone hear that Rodgers won his second player of the week award?

I don't mean to offend anyone, but to hell with Favre. He isn't even relevant anymore. He's no more than a gnat flying around our cheese. He can say whatever the hell he want to about Rodgers, meanwhile, Rodgers is laughing all the way to the SB. Revenge can be the sweetest of things but sometimes nothing feels as good as just letting go and embracing the future. Our future just happens to be full of sunshine!

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/rodgers-wins-second-player-of-the-week-award.30058/

Sounds good!!! From now on.. and mark my words.. if BF is ever brought up again my response will be....

"meep"

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So proud he took the high road,..and acknowledging the fact that it takes a TEAM.... (not an ego) to make things happen!

I don't know what Aaron scored on the wonderlic or any other special tests. But I will say, he definitely understands something about leadership. By his answer, his whole team is even more willing to follow him. His answer was artful and gave the guys in the locker room a reason to look up to him. They'll have his back, because he gives them the creds. That's smart leadership.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So tell us, what would be the proper answers to the questions he was asked. What answers would not make him a self serving diva? I want to know. Because I don't think anyone on this board can come up with an answer that would not tick someone off. So I challenge anyone on this board to come up with the "Proper" answers to the questions he was asked.

Sometimes the best thing to say is to say nothing at all. Or least say congrats and that he is proud to say he played with some of those guys and leave it at that.

Favre had the right to play if he wanted to, just the way he went about it was dirty and bush league.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
clay just pretty much repeated what i said yesterday and what we all already know, this just motivates Aaron even more. Thanks Brett.

Latest posts