Favre Speaks: Surprised Rodgers Wasn’t Doing This Sooner

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was wondering how long it would take him to rear his head. Every time he opens his mouth, I just cringe. It's gotten to the point where I just disregard everything he says in relation to Aaron as utterly invalid.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So sad to see how far that man fell. From the vikings to the slong shots and now to being a sore loser and a jealous man.

Reading throuhg it one would thought that Rodgers isn't that good, and that Favre made him.

Sorry, Brett. Rodgers already is both more meaningful to the Packer faithful and a better QB than you ever was. And it's not even close. And the really sad part, Brett, is that there's a lot more to come.

When the Rodgers era ends, you'll be a footnote. Those who are still delusional about you will be few, most of the fanbase won't have seen you in your prime, just the sad later part of your career. The media will no longer be asking for interviews and talking about you, specially if there's an 18-game schedule. It really is too bad that you are so little psichologically, because I was a fan of yours, a fervorous one.

It's hard to see one of your idols being as flawed and pathetic as Favre is...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did he mean..

HA!!! What took you so long? as in a back handed comment?
Funny **** is it took Favre EXACTLY the same ammount of time as it took Rodgers to get a championship (3 starting years).

I don't know if he's just batshit crazy, if there're people actually feeding Favre that crap and he's buying it, or if he knows that's all false but he says so to try to hurt Aaron.

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish Favre was asked:
Brett, have you spoken with Aaron Rodgers since the last game you played against him in Minnesota last year?

Did you call or TEXT...(HAHAHAHAA) Aaron before the playoffs?

Did you give Aaron some tips of what you experienced during your 2 Super Bowl appearances?

NO
NO
NO
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

**** STASH = SUPER BOWL XLVI CHAMPION

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As we all know, Brett did everything he could to avoid tutoring Aaron. He pretty much ignored him.
Since he did that, he shouldn't be surprised it took Aaron this long. He should be surprised it took him this short.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not forget this is all coming from a waffle headed flip flopping wishy washy guy.
We shouldn't believe one word coming from him.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
even though he wont admit it he is bitter about the Packers winning the SB. No way you can have that much of a personal vendetta against the Packers and then all of a sudden be happy they won.

It was never his job to tutor Aaron. I can not fault him for that. I can fault him for being a D bag towards him though.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh and Aaron is playing at a higher level than Brett ever did.

"We rolled everything we had at him, and he is playing as well as anyone I have ever seen, and I have been in the league. This is my 23rd season," Broncos head coach John Fox said. "In all honesty, it may look that simple, but it's not that simple; he just does it really well. He's got quick delivery, good accuracy, good muster on the ball; he just makes it look easy."
"I've only played four games in the NFL, but in my opinion, he's the best I've played. And yes, we got beat, but it was great seeing that in person," Broncos linebacker Von Miller said.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As we all know, Brett did everything he could to avoid tutoring Aaron. He pretty much ignored him.
Since he did that, he shouldn't be surprised it took Aaron this long. He should be surprised it took him this short.

Yeah. I think the reason he got so good is because he did it in spite of Favre. Like he thought "He thinks I'm not good enough to start? I'll prove him wrong". And he did. He won it earlier than Favre did in his career (Although he didn't become the "official" starting quarterback in 1992, he started every game since Week 3 against the Bengals, so it took him 4 years to win the Super Bowl compared to Rodgers' 3).

Also, I'm pretty sure that Rodgers would've won 3 Super Bowls if he started in 1992. Like if you took a time machine and took him back to that year. I mean, think about it.

In the 90s before the SB win, all 4 of their playoff losses were against the Cowboys in Texas Stadium, where Favre never won (Rodgers played well in Texas Stadium when he filled in for Favre in 2007, and he won the Super Bowl in Cowboys Stadium).

1993: Cowboys 27, Packers 17; I doubt Rodgers would've made a difference in this game, considering that the Cowboys capitalized on fundamental mistakes that the other team members made (a fumble on a punt return led to a touchdown, etc.).

1994: Cowboys 35, Packers 9; I don't think Rodgers would've made a difference in this game either. The Packers were absolutely crushed by the Cowboys' high powered offense.

1995: Cowboys 27, Packers 17; Now, here's a game where Rodgers could've made a difference. Favre threw 3 touchdowns and 2 interceptions in the game. Since Rodgers plays well in domes, the offense could've kept Dallas's offense out of the game with long drives, and the Packers would've won this game (possibly 24-2o or 24-17) and defeat the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl ***.

1996: Nothing would change, really.

1997: I think Rodgers would've won this one, too. If he led the last drive after being down 7 in the 4th quarter, I think he would've tied the game, send it into overtime, and get it into field goal range and have Jacke kick the game winner to get Rodgers his 3rd ring.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Wow!!! Raise your hands, How many of you used to proclaim "Favre is a God". I did. Especially during the 07 season. I wonder if he really realizes the special place he lost those last two years.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow!!! Raise your hands, How many of you used to proclaim "Favre is a God". I did. Especially during the 07 season. I wonder if he really realizes the special place he lost those last two years.

I was there, probably more then anyone else on this forum..

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

I did it. I didn't have so much of a problem when he was winning games for us and won the SB. It's what came after that I have the problem with and what he is still doing now.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are just a very small fraction of the Green Bay fan base.
Even though we are not the majority, I feel like what I've seen on here is what the majority feels towards BrINT.
This could be a good indication of how Packers Nation still has bitter feelings towards him.
Especially when he puts his foot in his mouth in interviews like this.
We are still not ready to welcome him back even if it's to retire his number.
Hopefully the Packers office will know when it is time to do that and not a moment before.
But no matter when he shows up, if it is a public Lambeau ceremony I won't be surprised if he gets booed, again.
Just to be on the safe side, they should do a private little thing behind a locked door somewhere.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't even care. I don't even have to read the interview and I would assume that he tried to belittle Aaron, tried to make himself look like the "good guy", maybe tried to make someone feel sorry for him a little bit and ultimately tried to bring himself back into focus... Hell, I'd even put money on it that I got 3 out of 4 right.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s any pressure on him now, the talent around him is even better than when I was there

So Brett....You are admitting Ted knew more about being a GM then you? Or are you saying..... damn Rodgers you suck if it took you this long to win with those guys?

Either way Brett, it is coming across as being bitter EVEN if that wasnt your intention

P.S. I know "certain" people will not like this thread, but this is how Packer nation feels now...We are not the minority any longer..."Certain" people are the minority now

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Man, it's gonna be hard for Rodgers to not respond now. The media is going to pour the questions on him looking to start some sort of conflict. Really makes you feel bad for Rodgers in that way.

I would think the pr people in GB are already on this and figuring out how Rodgers will/should respond

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts