eagle te may be out

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tight end L.J. Smith was downgraded to questionable for Philadelphia's opener at Green Bay following the team's walkthrough Saturday.

Smith had been bothered by a groin injury that forced him to sit out all the preseason games and kept him off the field most of training camp. He practiced this week and had been listed as probable for Sunday's game against the Packers.

If Smith can't play, veteran Matt Schobel and rookie Brent Celek would fill in. Celek, a fifth-round pick, led the team with 13 receptions for 143 yards in the preseason. Schobel had five catches for 103 yards.

"I'm working hard to get back on the field, but your body is going to tell you when it's ready," Smith said after Friday's practice. "If I can't go out there and be efficient when I'm out there then what's the point of going out there.''

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was downgraded, huh? I was hearing the injury shouldn't be too serious. Although that was from a Philly board.

If Smith doesn't play, that will be huge for us. I think he had 50 receptions or so last year, which is leading the current team. This will really make the Eagles into less of a threat on offense. If we stop Westbrook and McNabb from rushing, we have a very good chance of winning this game.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No lj smith means it will be easier to defend Westbrook.

Their offense IS westbrook.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No lj smith means it will be easier to defend Westbrook.

Their offense IS westbrook.

the way our defense improved the second half of last year just leads me to think that we can shut down westbrook and subsequently the eagles

Members online

Latest posts