Divisional round: Seattle at Green Bay - payback time

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The same could be said about the Packers. How many games did they end up playing catch up? Welcome

Outside of the 2 against the Lions (and the games they lost)..... None

I guess you could try and argue the last Minnesota game but that was a one point game at half time and they led going into the 4th

The Packers have largely won by jumping out on teams early and holding on. NOT playing catchup

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Yup....my streak of never seeing a Packer loss has been going since I started going to games in the late 80's. This year was the most games I have been to in one season (4), so really pressed my luck :whistling: Was at the 38-10 shelling of the Seahags back in 2016, hoping for a repeat!

Keeping my fingers crossed that I will be there Sunday, hoping for some cold and snow, because if that happens, my friend's wife will definitely not go and I will be there in her place. :tup:

Go Pack Go!
Packer Forum will be starting the gofundme for your all expenses paid trip to Miami in the near future. There’s just too much at stake. :cool:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup....my streak of never seeing a Packer loss has been going since I started going to games in the late 80's. This year was the most games I have been to in one season (4), so really pressed my luck :whistling: Was at the 38-10 shelling of the Seahags back in 2016, hoping for a repeat!

Keeping my fingers crossed that I will be there Sunday, hoping for some cold and snow, because if that happens, my friend's wife will definitely not go and I will be there in her place. :tup:

Go Pack Go!
looks like they took the snow out of the forecast, but the temps have gone down to mid upper 20's anyway. I'll keep hoping for a drop. I've been to a lot of games, 3 they have lost. One way back when against the Chargers I think, last home game they lost before that multi season win streak under Holmgren. Then maybe 15 years ago on a sunday night against the Vikings and then the Eagles game this year. But in both of those games, my BIL the eagles fan was with me. He won't be coming this time so i'm feeling pretty good about it. Bringing my other friend who was with me when the Pack crushed the Giants in the playoffs 3 years ago instead.

I'm stacking the deck in our favor :)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
He had to go to the ground maintaining control. He didn't before Tate also got control. Both had control and possession, so the tie goes to the passers.

You can keep trying to convince yourself that Tate somehow "had control". But by wrapping his arms around Jennings from behind, who clearly possessed it, and touching the ball, is not "control", its touching. If you lay your hands on a pregnant woman, are you now carrying that baby?

At least the blown call got the real refs quickly back on the field that next week.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Packers almost have a completely healthy team.

Packers not practicing today:

Dexter Williams (illness)
Danny Vitale (knee)
Marcedes Lewis (likely veterans rest)
Tyler Lancaster (unknown)

Kenny Clark practiced today (back).

Can it hurry up and be Sunday, please?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you skimmed my replies too quickly. Ole Miss was in reference to D.K. Metcalf, and how they had him on a very limited route tree there.

I don't want to re-open old wounds for you guys, but the Fail Mary was called correctly. Even one of your own fans, who was there watching that game, agrees. Packers fans don't want to admit it because DURING the game, there was no good angle of it which is largely why Gruden and Tirico thought it was an interception. Check the photographer's pic further down in this article for absolute proof that it was the right call; Tate had two hands on the ball and two feet on the ground while Jennings was still in the air coming down, and simultaneous possession goes to the receiver. End of story.

https://bigcheesedad.com/2014/08/29/fail-mary-was-called-correctly/
No the Fail Mary was ruled incorrectly as was pointed out in many links. Our defender established possession and once that is done in the end zone you cannot steal the ball unless he tries to run it back. Once motion is stopped the play is over. The ref that called it learned later that he misunderstood the rule. If this had been a Seahawk who first established possession it would have been a TD and the play ruled over. Between the end zones if possession is established yes there can be a fumble. This was widely identified by the league after the fact. Just unfortunate that we had amateur refs.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember Steve Young (he was part of the MNF team) said he was on the sideline (I believe) and he said he saw the one ref hesitate ... “and my immediate thought was... no.... dear god no... don’t do it... please don’t signal touchdown... you can’t.. and then he did and I couldn’t believe it... we have to get the real refs back for the integrity of the league”.... paraphrasing as best I can remember. I used to be a Shehawks season ticket holder and I enjoyed going down for a game or two every year, it was easy to get rid of the other tickets for face value. Seahawks fans were a pretty decent bunch. About the time Carroll got there you got a lot of arrogant in your face band wagon jumpers IMO and it’s no longer a great venue. One of the most soul crushing football experiences in my life was GB blowing that lead in the NFC Championship game. Fortunately I couldnt watch the final quarter but my son texted me the final agony play by play. Thank god I was in Hawaii .... Time for redemption

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anyone wants to argue the fail mary was ruled correctly they only need to ask themselves one question....

Why did the league decide to pay the real referees pretty much the very next day if it was ruled correctly?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL as usual stuck to it's guns, but then everyone apart from Hawks fans realized it for what it is... A blown call that cost us a first round bye.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you skimmed my replies too quickly. Ole Miss was in reference to D.K. Metcalf, and how they had him on a very limited route tree there.

I don't want to re-open old wounds for you guys, but the Fail Mary was called correctly. Even one of your own fans, who was there watching that game, agrees. Packers fans don't want to admit it because DURING the game, there was no good angle of it which is largely why Gruden and Tirico thought it was an interception. Check the photographer's pic further down in this article for absolute proof that it was the right call; Tate had two hands on the ball and two feet on the ground while Jennings was still in the air coming down, and simultaneous possession goes to the receiver. End of story.

https://bigcheesedad.com/2014/08/29/fail-mary-was-called-correctly/
So just because a packer fan said so it is so?

I'll know of a Seattle forum says opposite

What's funny?

Didn't they lose the SB by a interception at the 1 yard line?

Maybe karma does exist

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can keep trying to convince yourself that Tate somehow "had control". But by wrapping his arms around Jennings from behind, who clearly possessed it, and touching the ball, is not "control", its touching. If you lay your hands on a pregnant woman, are you now carrying that baby?
Not only that, but there was also pass interference on that play.

Roland Deschain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anyone wants to argue the fail mary was ruled correctly they only need to ask themselves one question....

Why did the league decide to pay the real referees pretty much the very next day if it was ruled correctly?

Perception is reality for a lot of things. Doesn't have to be true or accurate. Have you...read things in the media in the modern era? Lol.

I'm not going to bother responding about this anymore, but you can't establish sole possession in the air as much as some people might wish otherwise.

Hopefully no further injuries occur on either side on Sunday. Go Hawks.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Perception is reality for a lot of things. Doesn't have to be true or accurate. Have you...read things in the media in the modern era? Lol.

I'm not going to bother responding about this anymore, but you can't establish sole possession in the air as much as some people might wish otherwise.

Hopefully no further injuries occur on either side on Sunday. Go Hawks.

OPI and DPI virtually never get called on end-of-game hail Mary plays. You guys have benefited from that too - as has probably every team in the NFL.

You are probably a nice guy/gal, but coming to a Packer website and trying to convince Packer fans that the Fail Mary was called properly? Really? I doubt you could convince many true fans of the game, including non-Packer fans that what you are trying to peddle is nothing but your fractured way of looking at it as a Seahawks fan. You would probably have more luck trying to sell quicksand to a drowning man.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OPI and DPI virtually never get called on end-of-game hail Mary plays. You guys have benefited from that too - as has probably every team in the NFL.
Even the NFL said pass interference should have been called on that play - part of their "have their cake and eat it too", "let's make everybody happy" approach to that debacle.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Seahawks fan insisting that the fail mary was the right call? Big surprise. The funny thing is if the roles were reversed they be in an uproar over the ordeal.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Keep the running game closed off, get consistent pressure on Wilson. Do that, and it will give the offense enough "at bats" to get into and maintain a rhythm.

I typically have a pretty decent intuition about playoff games. Going into the Atlanta NFCCG a few years ago, I was sick to my stomach (figuratively) all day Saturday and Sunday leading into the game. Never had a great feeling about it.

I'm feeling mighty confident in the Packers in this one. I think LaFleur and Rodgers are going to deploy a very balanced, methodical attack. I'm expecting a few new wrinkles that we haven't seen yet. Unlike some games in the past, we're going to take some shots, and we're going to connect.

Seattle's defense isn't a particularly daunting unit. They're good against the run, but they are exploitable in coverage and don't get a lot of pressure.

Packers 30
Seahawks 17

Geo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep the running game closed off, get consistent pressure on Wilson. Do that, and it will give the offense enough "at bats" to get into and maintain a rhythm.

I typically have a pretty decent intuition about playoff games. Going into the Atlanta NFCCG a few years ago, I was sick to my stomach (figuratively) all day Saturday and Sunday leading into the game. Never had a great feeling about it.

I'm feeling mighty confident in the Packers in this one. I think LaFleur and Rodgers are going to deploy a very balanced, methodical attack. I'm expecting a few new wrinkles that we haven't seen yet. Unlike some games in the past, we're going to take some shots, and we're going to connect.

Seattle's defense isn't a particularly daunting unit. They're good against the run, but they are exploitable in coverage and don't get a lot of pressure.

Packers 30
Seahawks 17
God I Hope so... I am very worried we won"t play up to our capabilities... When we are hot there is nobody better... We are not as consistent as I would like... We give up too many big plays... When we do get a lead we struggle to keep it and Wilson gets better as the game winds down... We used to get better at the end... Go Pack Go!!!

Members online

Latest posts