Divisional round: Seattle at Green Bay - payback time

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't hate on Seattle's players, Clowney went for his head, no doubt about it. It would be more believable if he was coming from the side or the front and trying to prevent a first down on a head first dive. But he wasn't. He wasn't going to stop any momentum. He wanted to put a hit on the QB that would hurt him, and he did. I think the intent was obvious.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't hate on Seattle's players, Clowney went for his head, no doubt about it. It would be more believable if he was coming from the side or the front and trying to prevent a first down on a head first dive. But he wasn't. He wasn't going to stop any momentum. He wanted to put a hit on the QB that would hurt him, and he did. I think the intent was obvious.
They are evaluating the play for a fine. They said not for a suspension though.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Per Peter Bukowski, “ #Packers go into Sunday with an enormous pass-rush advantage on both sides of the ball. Defense is 3rd in pressure rate going against 3rd worst offense. Seahawks are 32nd in creating pressure going against the No. 1 offensive line in PWR”

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright time for my thoughts. THIS TEAM. This team, out of all of teams in the NFL I had hoped and prayed that we meet in the playoffs, ideally it would've been in the NFC Championship game, but this will due just fine. As the title says it's payback time. Over the past decade, and someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but I can't think of a team that has...been a thorn to our side than Seattle. Yes Kaepernick knocked us out of the playoffs twice with Harbaugh, but I think our history with Seattle goes deeper, well to me anyways. It starts with RW. Wilson was the one that beat out our boy Matt Flynn, Wilson was the qb that gave Seattle the fluke win in the fail mary, Wilson was the one that lead that game winning drive in that heartbreaking loss back in 2014. I broke off Rodgers career into two parts, it's weird really. Rodgers never really had a rival perse throughout his time imo. During his first half I would argue Eli was his rival, but that sorta died down, but in this second half I would say Wilson would fit that bill. But in any case.

This team as I mentioned has been a thorn to our side this past decade, and honestly I honestly believe it's thank to our lost at their hand in 2014, when everyone in the NFL no longer feared The Packers. What I mean is there was a shift in power, and while we were a formidable opponent, people didn't look at us as SB favorites and one of the dominant powers in the NFC. We need to win for a few reasons. Obviously the first would be it would advance us to the NFC Championship and we would be one step closer to The Superbowl, but secondly a victory over them would help elevate us going forward as one of the premiere teams in the NFC. Now yes that isn't saying a lot considering how banged up Seattle is right now, but considering how I doubt anyone expected this team to do well this season, let alone make it to the NFC Championship, let alone to the SB (should we make it), the way I see it the only direction I see us going is up from this point forward.

We really caught Seattle at a great time as most of their offense relies so heavily on running, and then Wilson will attempt to throw the big home run pass. He's going to let it fly, and I think he will throw a few picks in this game tbh, but the dude is resilient. This dude can will his team back and pull wins out of his butt, and for that I tip my hat to him. Having said that while we are expected to win, we CANNOT be careless like we did with The Chargers, as this makes me nervous as I can easily see this going that route if we are careless. Seattle is good, but again we have more than enough to contain Wilson and his weapons. DK will probably be a problem, but I think he can be neutralized to an extent. Beastmode while he is dangerous, again can be contained. The X Factor in this will be Wilson as it wouldn't surprise me if he tries to scramble, we have to be ready for him. Same with Carroll, as we've seen before, he will pull a fast one on us and catch us off guard if we aren't prepared for it.

All in all I think Rodgers knows what's at stake for him (obviously) as well as will be wanting a bit of payback as well for last time. I see him throwing 3-4 TDS, while the running attack helps big time chipping away at the clock. Packers win a decisive game by two or three possessions.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Back at practice today for the Packers:

Allen Lazard
Danny Vitale
Elgton Jenkins
Robert Tonyan

Not practicing and on bikes:

Tramon Williams
Jimmy Graham
Billy Turner
Kenny Clark
Dexter Williams

All but Dexter are were on bikes for the media portion inside. No sign of Dexter Williams. The team plans to do a portion of the practice outside.

Overall, a very healthy looking Packers squad.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@TylerD Was browsing some Hawks forum and everyone seems to think GB fans hate the Hawks, why is that?

I mean, we'd like some revenge for past, but hate? I don't think so. Vikings, Bears,Lions, Patriots...there's a big queue ahead of you tbh!

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@TylerD Was browsing some Hawks forum and everyone seems to think GB fans hate the Hawks, why is that?

I mean, we'd like some revenge for past, but hate? I don't think so. Vikings, Bears,Lions, Patriots...there's a big queue ahead of you tbh!
I don't hate Seattle, but let's just say I'm not fond of them either. They are one of the teams I do enjoy seeing our team beat.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright time for my thoughts. THIS TEAM. This team, out of all of teams in the NFL I had hoped and prayed that we meet in the playoffs, ideally it would've been in the NFC Championship game, but this will due just fine. As the title says it's payback time. Over the past decade, and someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but I can't think of a team that has...been a thorn to our side than Seattle. Yes Kaepernick knocked us out of the playoffs twice with Harbaugh, but I think our history with Seattle goes deeper, well to me anyways. It starts with RW. Wilson was the one that beat out our boy Matt Flynn, Wilson was the qb that gave Seattle the fluke win in the fail mary, Wilson was the one that lead that game winning drive in that heartbreaking loss back in 2014. I broke off Rodgers career into two parts, it's weird really. Rodgers never really had a rival perse throughout his time imo. During his first half I would argue Eli was his rival, but that sorta died down, but in this second half I would say Wilson would fit that bill. But in any case.

This team as I mentioned has been a thorn to our side this past decade, and honestly I honestly believe it's thank to our lost at their hand in 2014, when everyone in the NFL no longer feared The Packers. What I mean is there was a shift in power, and while we were a formidable opponent, people didn't look at us as SB favorites and one of the dominant powers in the NFC. We need to win for a few reasons. Obviously the first would be it would advance us to the NFC Championship and we would be one step closer to The Superbowl, but secondly a victory over them would help elevate us going forward as one of the premiere teams in the NFC. Now yes that isn't saying a lot considering how banged up Seattle is right now, but considering how I doubt anyone expected this team to do well this season, let alone make it to the NFC Championship, let alone to the SB (should we make it), the way I see it the only direction I see us going is up from this point forward.

We really caught Seattle at a great time as most of their offense relies so heavily on running, and then Wilson will attempt to throw the big home run pass. He's going to let it fly, and I think he will throw a few picks in this game tbh, but the dude is resilient. This dude can will his team back and pull wins out of his butt, and for that I tip my hat to him. Having said that while we are expected to win, we CANNOT be careless like we did with The Chargers, as this makes me nervous as I can easily see this going that route if we are careless. Seattle is good, but again we have more than enough to contain Wilson and his weapons. DK will probably be a problem, but I think he can be neutralized to an extent. Beastmode while he is dangerous, again can be contained. The X Factor in this will be Wilson as it wouldn't surprise me if he tries to scramble, we have to be ready for him. Same with Carroll, as we've seen before, he will pull a fast one on us and catch us off guard if we aren't prepared for it.

All in all I think Rodgers knows what's at stake for him (obviously) as well as will be wanting a bit of payback as well for last time. I see him throwing 3-4 TDS, while the running attack helps big time chipping away at the clock. Packers win a decisive game by two or three possessions.

We also cannot be careless with the ball and turn it over like we did against Detroit.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, to me a lot depends on Rodgers. Talk about inconsistent? The Raiders game he could do no wrong. In other games he has really struggled.

I have never been a fan of the seahawks and dearly hope the Packers play tough consistent football.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This dude can will his team back and pull wins out of his butt, and for that I tip my hat to him.

Same with Carroll, as we've seen before, he will pull a fast one on us and catch us off guard if we aren't prepared for it.

you said butt...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

thinking of that fake field goal still makes me upset!

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, to me a lot depends on Rodgers. Talk about inconsistent? The Raiders game he could do no wrong. In other games he has really struggled.

I have never been a fan of the seahawks and dearly hope the Packers play tough consistent football.

strangely though it seems like he is just holding back and knew he could get by without even trying. wishful thinking...anyway...not going to invest too much emotion into this playoff game.

btw...what day is it today? damn...it's only wed...mother....!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha, nice references. Look at Wentz at the moment Clowney starts the dive, he's far from down, though starting to head that way. In real time actual play on the field, give me a break, it was not some obvious dirty hit by Clowney. With the huge forward momentum Wentz's head had at the moment of impact, the hit from Clowney did nothing. The ground did the damage, and it's pretty obvious. I get that you want to hate on Seahawks players, it's only natural, but Wentz was a runner; he didn't give himself up. It wasn't flagged for a reason.

It looks clear that it was more incidental than intentional. It doesn't have to be the most Disney princess innocent hit in the world to meet the criteria of being "incidental"; just more so that than intentional.

Their season stats are very similar. Tennessee is more of a passing team than Seattle is. (Almost every team is, for that matter.) Early days yet obviously, but Metcalf is rapidly becoming much more than a solid #2 over the past 5-6 games. He had some very good games while Lockett was out injured, by the way - drawing #1 coverage.

Ole Miss not using him very effectively matters...how? He's been great in his rookie year for us and is getting better practically every week the past 5-6 weeks. He has already shown far more route tree capabilities this year with us than he did in his entire college career.

If what a player did in college meant anything whatsoever, there'd be no first-round draft busts. Your question is meaningless, IMO.
You forget Ng Sou. He was rough in college at https://weather.com/weather/radar/i...tion&zoom=8.00&opacity=70&center=42.49,-94.20 but never as dirty as he got in the NFL. Money goes to the head as well as the pocket. And as I recall he was not exactly a 7th rounder. You also forget that **** Butkus was a great player and in the HOF. But even by today's standards or even yesterday's he was a dirty player. He did not just hit people. He tried to destroy them. Were you not around for the season finale of 1968 in which Butkus took Bart's head and tried to smash it into the ground like a hard boiled egg? Fortunately, it was the last game of the year and Bart had a long time to heal from the concussion.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha, nice references. Look at Wentz at the moment Clowney starts the dive, he's far from down, though starting to head that way. In real time actual play on the field, give me a break, it was not some obvious dirty hit by Clowney. With the huge forward momentum Wentz's head had at the moment of impact, the hit from Clowney did nothing. The ground did the damage, and it's pretty obvious. I get that you want to hate on Seahawks players, it's only natural, but Wentz was a runner; he didn't give himself up. It wasn't flagged for a reason.

It looks clear that it was more incidental than intentional. It doesn't have to be the most Disney princess innocent hit in the world to meet the criteria of being "incidental"; just more so that than intentional.

Their season stats are very similar. Tennessee is more of a passing team than Seattle is. (Almost every team is, for that matter.) Early days yet obviously, but Metcalf is rapidly becoming much more than a solid #2 over the past 5-6 games. He had some very good games while Lockett was out injured, by the way - drawing #1 coverage.

Ole Miss not using him very effectively matters...how? He's been great in his rookie year for us and is getting better practically every week the past 5-6 weeks. He has already shown far more route tree capabilities this year with us than he did in his entire college career.

If what a player did in college meant anything whatsoever, there'd be no first-round draft busts. Your question is meaningless, IMO.

Clowney played at South Carolina not Ole Miss.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunate. Not because we wanted to play the Eagles but because it would have been interesting to see him face the task the rest of the game. Wentz missed the playoffs the last 2 seasons and now he pretty much missed all of this one.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you said butt...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

thinking of that fake field goal still makes me upset!

We HAVE to be ready for them to throw anything and everything at us. This isn't our championship game, but Seattle has nothing to lose.

TylerD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The same could be said about the Packers. How many games did they end up playing catch up? Welcome
Thanks friend!! And ya that’s true. Could be a slow first half and a fast second half.

Seahawks started slow in a few games that come to mind
Steelers (nearly shut up first half)
Saints (same thing)
Ravens
Eagles
Rams

first half is not kind to Seattle lol.

TylerD

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I Actually am quite fond of the Packers! I respect the franchise, and I don’t get the hate but it’s natural in football. It’s hard to see a good rival outside of division opponents now days.

don’t think anyone will touch the hatred Colts and Pats fans have for each other. Lol

TylerD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I Actually am quite fond of the Packers! I respect the franchise, and I don’t get the hate but it’s natural in football. It’s hard to see a good rival outside of division opponents now days.

don’t think anyone will touch the hatred Colts and Pats fans have for each other. Lol
Granted with saying that

Dallas and Green Bay had a pretty good rival in the 90’s. Now Rodgers just absolutely owns that team haha.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score

At the end of it, it's just a game.

I mean all of us have other things going on in life outside of football and the NFL.

I think "hate" is a bad term for an actual NFL team b/c it's just a sport. I think when people mention hate, they're talking about fan bases and people acting unclassy.

For instance, when Aaron Rodgers broke his collarbone on the Barr hit 2 years ago... Vikings fans were cheering, which is REALLY TERRIBLE and so there's obvious hate there as that's just plain UNclassy and uncalled for in sports or life or anything...

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the end of it, it's just a game.

I mean all of us have other things going on in life outside of football and the NFL.

I think "hate" is a bad term for an actual NFL team b/c it's just a sport. I think when people mention hate, they're talking about fan bases and people acting unclassy.

For instance, when Aaron Rodgers broke his collarbone on the Barr hit 2 years ago... Vikings fans were cheering, which is REALLY TERRIBLE and so there's obvious hate there as that's just plain UNclassy and uncalled for in sports or life or anything...

Anyone who actively roots for an injury has something wrong with them.

Members online

Latest posts