Dear Jermichael, shut the f up

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Next: Green Bay Packers tight end Jermichael Finley, whose team will host the Vikings in three weeks. According to Lori Nickel of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Finley said Moss was "just another player."

Finley: "Moss is no concern here because we have the best receiving corps in the league. ... It's going to be alright. It's not going to be tough at all. I think we'll still take the NFC North. It's just another player."

*shakes head*

Confidence is good. Great even. In private. The last thing we need is to give Minnesota MORE motivation.

I just... there's times I wish we could sequester him in a room without reporters and without Twitter. Because dude needs to learn when to not say what he's thinking.

I'd imagine "It's not going to be tough at all" is already on the Vikings bulletin board.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10000000X Agreed. This guy was fun to listen to at first, but he's been throwing bulletin board material ALL season...

He has toned it down a little, so I think that he's already had "Talks" with the coaches/teammates about it.

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I just don't like giving teams any added motivation.

I'd like us to be like the Patriots. Nobody talks junk to the media. Just go about our business on the field and let that do the talking.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
No one says anything dumb on the Patriots because they'd get the wrath of Bellicheck, whats Mcarthy gonna do? Tell him to "work on it" in practice?

I actually liked the statement, Jennings + Driver + Finley = the best receiving corp in the league. Our second stringers are starting material on more than half the NFL teams (maybe not #1's, but can be #2's)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see any trash talking.
That would be something I'd be upset about.
I see it as a calm opinion and reassurance to not be concerned about Moss.

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I would call saying "It's not going to be tough at all" about playing the Vikings trash talking.

Mild trash, but still.

Like I said, I'd like to be like the Pats in this regard. Everyone shuts up, speaks the party line, and we do our talking on the field.

GreenBayTheOnlyWay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss is an emotional player. That contract extension still up in the air? Why do you think Revis got on top of him as soon as he found out he was covering him this weekend. "Randy Moss quit early in week 2" etc. It always works.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would call saying "It's not going to be tough at all" about playing the Vikings trash talking.

Mild trash, but still.
We each have our own viewpoints on this and I'm cool with that. :give_rose:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I do adore Fins and his willingness to speak his mind, he has the balls to back him up, I just think sometimes this talk can be counter productive. You have to watch what you say, everything you say to the point of almost scripting yourself. Talk like this can motivate our team but at the same time it also motives the Vikings and they are already over the moon with Moss. We don't wanna feed their heads. So cork it, Fins! We know we got it goin on, we just don't need to engage the enemy!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

Mild trash, but still.

Like I said, I'd like to be like the Pats in this regard. Everyone shuts up, speaks the party line, and we do our talking on the field.

I dunno, I don't see it as trash talking. Moss is just another player. Also I kind of like GB having some swagger for a change. Pat's players, and coaches are the most BORING people in the world to listen to talk.

If the Vikes need motivation to get up for a game in Lambeau against us, they have more to worry about than Finley talking.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
everyone making a big deal over his comment didnt read his whole comment. the media is sensationalizing a small portion of it.

read up, or shut up.

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
everyone making a big deal over his comment didnt read his whole comment. the media is sensationalizing a small portion of it.

read up, or shut up.
I read the whole thing. There was a part where he was very complimentary of Moss.

Doesn't make the other part any better, imo. I still wish he wouldn't have said it.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't like giving teams any added motivation.

I'd like us to be like the Patriots. Nobody talks junk to the media. Just go about our business on the field and let that do the talking.

Agreed. He's awful cocky for a guy who's yet to make it to a pro-bowl. I really wish he would just **** and let his play on the field do the talking.

FatBoiFreshh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i could go for less moss talk the game will be more intense with hurt feeling but totally agree with finely i guess we should be shy since we're better than them now

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I bet that Finley will have better stats than Randy Moss in both games.
And with that, Rodgers better stats than Favre. Although, I'm interested to see how much coverage we roll towards Moss, opening up Shiancoe and Harvin.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
who cares who has better stats, Packers win is all I care a bout

Moss and Brett could have 500 yards and 10 Td I dont give a rats a@@

NYC Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could be worse...Finley could be on the Jets with Rex Ryan patting his back for cocky comments hahaha.....what a mess that team is, unfortunately they are good.

I think Randy Moss will only have a moderate effect on the Vikings offense....they will be better but I dont think by the amount most the media is assuming,

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
considering the pats werent using him at all i think hes to the point where he draws coverage on name alone and really is nothing like hte threat of old. i see no reason other than hype to say the vikes are much improved.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Moss can't even run some routes. He's very limited in the versatility he brings to the table. At least that is what the NFL network analysts were going on about. Take it for what it's worth. And if Brett keeps trying to force feed him the ball. INTs will happen.