Day two, who do you want?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought it deserved it's own thread. I would like Hyatt, an interior O lineman and a safety/TE.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like one of Washington, Mayer, or LaPorta. Would really like to see Mims on this team. Wouldn't mind taking Benton even though we just took LVN. Also wouldn't mind Branch at this spot. Maybe Jartavius Martin in the third.

Edit: Adding Dawand Jones because even though he might not fit our scheme per se, he's a mountain of a man.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
OL:

-M. Bergeron, SYR

TE:

-L. Musgrave, OSU
-D. Washington, UA
-T. Kraft, SDSU
-S. LaPorta, IA

WR:

-J. Mingo, MISS
-J. Hyatt, TENN
-C. Tillman, TENN
-M. Mims, OK
-R. Rice, SMU
-M. Wilson, STAN

DL:

-K. Benton, WISC
-G. Dexter, FLA
-Z. Pickens, SC

DB:

-B. Branch, UA
-K. Ringo, UGA
-J. Martin, ILL
-J. Brown, PSU
-A. Johnson, IAST

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OL:

-M. Bergeron, SYR

TE:

-L. Musgrave, OSU
-D. Washington, UA
-T. Kraft, SDSU
-S. LaPorta, IA

WR:

-J. Mingo, MISS
-J. Hyatt, TENN
-C. Tillman, TENN
-M. Mims, OK
-R. Rice, SMU
-M. Wilson, STAN

DL:

-K. Benton, WISC
-G. Dexter, FLA
-Z. Pickens, SC

DB:

-B. Branch, UA
-K. Ringo, UGA
-J. Martin, ILL
-J. Brown, PSU
-A. Johnson, IAST
I missed Kraft in mine, but this is a nice list.

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't hate it, but I'd prefer Mims over Hyatt. Better 3 cone, built more solidly, and even a bit faster.
Then we should be able to get one of the two. I just don't know anything about Mims. I would want whoever catches better and with their hands if they are both equally elusive.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I missed Kraft in mine, but this is a nice list.

Why thank you!

One thing I'm not certain of is how they view the interior of the OL. There are good options left there. But some of their plans are just unknown.

Do they see Jenkins bumping to LT in the future?

Is Tom their competition at center for Myers?

Do they want to extend Runyan?

How much enthusiasm remains for Rhyan?

So I left that position off the list but I wouldn't be shocked if they addressed it.

John Michael-Schmitz
O'Cyrus Torrence
Steve Avila
Cody Mauch

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't hate it, but I'd prefer Mims over Hyatt. Better 3 cone, built more solidly, and even a bit faster.
True, very close athletic numbers with Mimms slightly ahead - especially the 3 cone. But I put Hyatt ahead in being a receiver. Route running, football smarts, hands, and he just seems to play faster.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

I've got nothing against Mims, but I don't actually believe he's faster.

I know what the 40 times say, but I've heard allusion to on-field GPS speed data that has Hyatt as maybe the fastest guy in the class. Now I have not seen that data, so take that with all the grains of salt you need. But I believe it when I see him play. He ran by a lot of SEC talent.

I also think what makes Hyatt potentially special is that he tracks the deep ball and catches it away from his frame at an elite level. Some guys can run by the defense but they can't finish the play.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll keep my wish-list short...
#42 - Jalin Hyatt - WR (If gone then J. Mingo - WR)
#45 - Darnell Washington - TE (If gone then Musgrave - TE)
#78 - Blake Freeland - OT (If gone then DL's Benton, Dexter or Roy)

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, very close athletic numbers with Mimms slightly ahead - especially the 3 cone. But I put Hyatt ahead in being a receiver. Route running, football smarts, hands, and he just seems to play faster.
Route running was one of my knocks on Hyatt. He wasn't asked to run much of a route tree at Tennessee and was always schemed open by being covered up or someone playing 20 yards off of him. I agree with the hands and how fast he looks on tape though. That three cone does worry me at the next level.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kansas City has done well hosting this thing. Good food, crowd is not bad considering it’s like 400K here. I like the LVN pick, just kinda early for me but with those OLs off the board, and with Gary back yet, I get it.Kincaid was way too early at 13. Get Washington, Musgrave, Mingo or Branch I’ll be happy. They could package up all those round 7 picks along with something else and move up in the 2nd maybe? We’ll see!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Route running was one of my knocks on Hyatt. He wasn't asked to run much of a route tree at Tennessee and was always schemed open by being covered up or someone playing 20 yards off of him. I agree with the hands and how fast he looks on tape though. That three cone does worry me at the next level.

A 7.06 at WR isn't a good number in the three cone, but it isn't alarming either. It's on the lower end of average.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
WR: Cedric Tillman, Jonathan Mingo, Rashee Rice
TE: Any of them how about 2? lol
DL:
Keeanu Benton, Adebawore
DB: Riley Moss, JL Skinner, Jartavius Martin
OL: Cody Mauch, Blake Freeland, Oluwatimi

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rats. I cut out the WRs and TEs from the draft game. I have 3 edges in there. Fat chance!

On the plus side, all my players are still available except my single first round pick.

Last edited:

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A 7.06 at WR isn't a good number in the three cone, but it isn't alarming either. It's on the lower end of average.

It's not great Bob. But ya, there aren't a ton of wide receivers that excel with that type of frame with 3-cones over 7. I can think of maybe two off the top of my head, Dionte Johnson and Golden Tate. I won't be pissed if we take him, but the 3-cone, one year of production, and the fact that he faced very little press coverage at Tennessee does have me concerned.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I need to be walked away from the ledge after not taking JSN yesterday to be honest...

BUT

Any one of Mayer or Washington if they are there at our first pick. I expect one to be gone, possibly both by 42.

Mingo or Hyatt for WR.

I think the next two rounds you really have to stock the shelves for Jordan.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Both the TE and WR rooms are bare... the final 2 days need to be heavy on the offensive side (minimum 2 selections for each of these 2 positions, with at least 1 each on Day 2.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think I need to be walked away from the ledge after not taking JSN yesterday to be honest...

BUT

Any one of Mayer or Washington if they are there at our first pick. I expect one to be gone, possibly both by 42.

Mingo or Hyatt for WR.

I'm not going to talk you out of wishing they had taken JSN at #13.

But I would just point out that the league was not nearly as high on him as a public. I believe the odds that he would even be there at #13 were about 50/50. Then the NFL passed on him until pick #20.

Do with that what you will.

Reaction score
I expect a TE or a WR (and maybe both) with our 2nd round picks.

Meyer and Hyatt would be sweet.
I’d be jumping for joy.

What’s pretty exciting (for myself anyway) is by having 2 near back to back selections, we don’t HAVE to get pushed into a position mold like most teams. Dallas almost HAS to get a RB and TE in the next 3 Rounds after reaching slightly at DT at #26 (understandable due to 2nd round shortage) We don’t.
The Packers can grab Brian Branch and a Top flight TE etc. or DT/WR and still address another player at 78

We’re thick at TE and WR and Safety through #78 (moderately thick beyond) This draft aligns very good with our positional needs. I counted 24 players at Safety, WR or TE that are bonafide Day1-2 that are still left. Also 5 DT

I believe this mini rebuild is 2 part series (2023-2024) draft. We’re not expecting to go playoff bound in 2023. Not suggesting we don’t try, just tempering expectations for a 1st year QB (similar to 2008)

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It's not great Bob. But ya, there aren't a ton of wide receivers that excel with that type of frame with 3-cones over 7. I can think of maybe two off the top of my head, Dionte Johnson and Golden Tate. I won't be pissed if we take him, but the 3-cone, one year of production, and the fact that he faced very little press coverage at Tennessee does have me concerned.

Well they certainly won't ask him to deal with press at this level. They'll play him at Z or in the slot.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well they certainly won't ask him to deal with press at this level. They'll play him at Z or in the slot.
True. I really meant he hasn't had to deal with many physical corners so we're not sure what we're getting as far as separation and play strength. Also, I know in the Shanahan scheme they like to use receivers all over. Again, I don't think it would be the worst pick.

Reaction score
I’d be happy with

Branch/Washington

Porter Jr/Musgrave

Mayer/Hyatt

Ringo/Washington

Mayer/White

Last edited: