Cutler possibly ready for Packers game....

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure it depends on what they do against Seattle this week. If they lose their playoff hopes are gone and I doubt they would risk him if theres nothing to play for.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought they put him on IR and said he was done for the season. I think by bringing him back, the Bears think they stand a better chance in hell at making the playoffs. I don't know if it's such a good idea.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought they put him on IR and said he was done for the season. I think by bringing him back, the Bears think they stand a better chance in hell at making the playoffs. I don't know if it's such a good idea.

When it happened, they said 4 to 6 weeks...And the 6th week would have been the last game of the year

Nov 20th was when he hurt it, this Sunday will be three weeks..

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I'm sure it depends on what they do against Seattle this week. If they lose their playoff hopes are gone and I doubt they would risk him if theres nothing to play for.

Yeah, but I was thinking that when the Bears had the division all sewn up last year. They played their starters just because it was against the Packers.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but I was thinking that when the Bears had the division all sewn up last year. They played their starters just because it was against the Packers.

That was a little different they were in control of the playoffs and were trying to eliminate the Packers, so they really did kind of have something to play for.

If the Bears are still in the hunt when that game rolls around they might play him. I don't think anyone thought Hanie was going to be nearly as bad as he's been. They'll be desperate.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he wasnt even meant to start throwing until the Packers game?
Real slim chance he plays in a week and a bit, especially after surgery.

Even if he does, hes not going to be nearly as good as he was earlier in the season.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't think it would help.

Mike Martz has done a very poor job with Chicago this season. Yeah I know they had success with Cutler some time this year, but they also had a down side proving they are what you thought they were. When I heard Martz comparing Forte to Marshall Faulk, I knew something would come back and bite them on the ***, and it has nothing to do with "karma" like some Rams fans I know were saying, it has to do with a poor management to a back up quarterback.

The Bears are done, even if Cutler comes back.
Think about it.
They throw in Hanie, and keep running the same style offense. If we can't complete a pass, just run every down since after all, Matt Forte is Marshall Faulk 2.0. Once Forte is out, they panicked cause they knew that was the finishing blow.

When Cutler went down, they didn't change a beat. They expected a back up to step in and make all the right moves. Not only does Hanie suck, but they should have got the message that he's not a quarterback you should trust to pass so many times a game. Mike Martz got all that praise when they were winning, he deserves as much flak as praise, since they are losing and he refuses to try to mold something about a back up quarterback, he just expects him to pick it up eventually.

It don't matter if Cutler comes back, the entire league has seen they refuse to change their offensive style around Hanie, so when Cutler comes back, nothing will have changed, no need to worry. By now you can expect, if Cutler comes back, they'll still have trouble cause teams have studied them. They don't change their stuff up like an elite offense, so they are bound to keep losing even if he comes back. It's not that hard to shut them down. We did it in the playoffs. My saying is, for every WR Martz adds, that's another hole for an LB to rush Cutler.

D

Dan115

This Sam Hurd mess could really hurt the Bears. I just hope there aren't any Packers involved.

FearThePack

13x World Champs!
Reaction score
This Sam Hurd mess could really hurt the Bears. I just hope there aren't any Packers involved.
I highly doubt any Packers are involved in this. I even have a hard time seeing any other Bears players involved in this. No need to worry...

As for the original topic, Even if Cutler comes back, he hasn't been in a game in a couple weeks and should be rusty. The Bears are done either way IMO.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I got a feeling that if the Bears lose to Seattle, and are pretty much out of the playoffs, we won't see Cutler in uniform.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I have been guessing we will be seeing Cutler rear his ugly head for this game. Also expect the media to say how tough Cutler is next week.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
That was a little different they were in control of the playoffs and were trying to eliminate the Packers, so they really did kind of have something to play for.

If the Bears are still in the hunt when that game rolls around they might play him. I don't think anyone thought Hanie was going to be nearly as bad as he's been. They'll be desperate.

But they lose to the Chiefs, they have the opposite problem. Probably no playoffs, so why risk him? Get the better draft pick.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Cutler is tougher than Big Ben

I am willing to put money on hearing that from the media!

Noooooooooooooooo! Then we will be hearing about how Ben will have like 3 injuries in the next 3 games and how tough he is to pull through them. He can't let anyone question his toughness evar.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Noooooooooooooooo! Then we will be hearing about how Ben will have like 3 injuries in the next 3 games and how tough he is to pull through them. He can't let anyone question his toughness evar.

Or how they would have lost to the Browns, whom have scored just 1 more point than a winless Colts team, had Ben not came back to run the score up after the Browns gave up :roflmao:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, because being Tebow is easy peasy.... You're right, he doesn't need to be tough. Everybody loves him. They have only good things to say about him. ;-)