Collinsworth's keys to the weekend

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is going to be a shootout between Brett Favre and Matt Hasselbeck, and which quarterback can make the plays. The game features the best starting cornerbacks of any this weekend with Marcus Trufant and Kelly Jennings for Seattle along with Charles Woodson and Al Harris for Green Bay.

This is going to be about Favre for Green Bay. Favre is going to throw the ball and he needs to get it out quickly. This matchup is intriguing because the Seahawks have a really good pass rush and speed inside to stay with the Packers' slot receivers. I was really impressed with the way Trufant played last week against Washington.

The Packers have a really good defense, too. Hasselbeck has been dinged up a little bit and the team doesn't run the ball like they used to when Shaun Alexander was the NFL MVP. Seattle's offense really didn't start clicking last week until the fourth quarter (mostly because the Seahawks clinched the NFC West so early). Green Bay is a much better team than Washington, with an underrated defense. Mike Holmgren coached here and Hasselbeck played here so they won't be intimidated. I see this being the closest game of the weekend.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can "Hassel"beck, we will win the game. Put some pressure on him, and he will buckle.
And if Favre is on target, with our WR group, and a few big runs by Grant to keep their D honest, we should be able to take care of business.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hasn't the whole season been about Favre?

Favred has handled the defenses well this year and Seattle is really no different than the Giants, Chargers, et al...

Packers win because of the Favre difference.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly think that Collinsworth and you guys are nuts, and the run games and run defenses will determine this game, but of course, opinions are like ********...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba Franks, and his blocking, will be a huge part of whether or not we win this game. Our WRs will perform, Grant HAS to get on track, but Bubba will be the guy that is critical in keeping Favre on his feet. That front 7 of theirs, and the twists/blitzes they run are intimidating...and going aganst an OL (guards, mostly) that could be called the weak link of the O.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly think that Collinsworth and you guys are nuts, and the run games and run defenses will determine this game, but of course, opinions are like ********...

But neither one of these teams strong point on offense is the running game. Both of these teams are dependant on the pass. Thats what it seems like for the most part..To me.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:

But neither one of these teams strong point on offense is the running game. Both of these teams are dependant on the pass. Thats what it seems like for the most part..To me.
That's exactly why the running game should dictate it. Whichever team can run the ball more effectively, eating up the clock and giving the opposing QB less possessions will win :)

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But are the teams going to even put that much energy into running the ball? Sense that isnt there game? Teams are going to play to there strengths

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The leading rusher in the NFL since week 8 is Ryan Grant, I wouldn't say that running goes away from our strengths, especially if it's windy and snowing.

Now that I think about it, we have the NFL's leading rusher since week 8 and we lead the league in yards after the catch. Damn, we're really awesome!

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has that running game really won games for us though? I remember a lot of times where we didnt really bring the clock down, because most of our yards that we get rushing are long ones. and Grant didnt have a lot of touchdowns that impacted games. Sense week eight we were not involved in too many close ones. But I will say this. If the game on sunday does turn out to be decided by a touchdown or less...then i will say that the running game is definitily what is going to be the deciding factor in this one.

Members online

No members online now.