Class of 2007 Wide Recievers

Cheesehead4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it is early to think about the 2007 draft but I think we would take a WR in the 1st round.

Jennings could be great but he is a :?:
Driver ain't geting any younger
and Ferguson isn't much help

this is how i would rate the WR's

1. Calvin Jonson- Puts up good #'s w/ a crappy QB
2. Sidney Rice- Puts up great #'s against the SEC and is pretty tall. Wasnt there another good reciever w/ the last name Rice?
3. Dwayne Jarett Great hands and mkes the big catch whn u need it.
4. Ted Ginn That guy is the Reggie Bush of the WR's
5. Jeff Smzaja Jeff has to show me he can do it another year, and believe me ill be watchn every Notre Dame game exspecially the National Championship game.

How would you rate these WR's? And do you think we'd take a WR?

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeff Samardzija could become a TE in the NFL if he could put on some 20 - 30 pounds (yes it's A LOT). He plays like one at WR, and everything you throw in his direction is caught.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Already posting about the '07 NFL draft inl ate May of '06 and wanting to talk about taking a wide receiver in the first round of '07 draft is unbelievable.

The new Packer coaching staff hasn't even a chance to do any kind of evaluation of the '06 Packer receivers under any kind of training camp conditions, nor Pre season game conditions or regular NFL game conditions. It is only the end of May.

There is along way to go before Packer fans should think about the '07 draft.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Calvin Johnson is already considered the top WR to come out. Early projections on him is he's the "next" game changer WR in the NFL. Big, fast, and can jump. Amazing hands. I think he’ll be a top 5 pick pending something drastic.

2. Dwayne Jarrett seems to be the #2 WR in next years Draft. He has the size to be very good and is a potential #1 in the NFL. Johnson is probably more polished then Jarrett but Jarrett comes from a more winning tradition and better program. Top 15 pick is what he seems to be looking at right now.

3. Jeff Samardzija is another polished WR coming out. He has great hands and has great size. He doesn't have the physical traits as the other 2 do but none the less could be a great possession WR at the next level. Top 10-20 range.

4. Teddy Ginn Jr. is the most overrated player in college football as well speak. He's an athlete and not a WR. Bad route runner. Average hands. With that said he'll put up better times than any of the 3 above him and should be a mid 1st round pick because of his upside.

5. Jarrett Hicks of Texas Tech is who I like a lot. He has good size and speed. Needs to improve his route running. He has a lot of potential. A make or break combine. Good combine mid to late round 1 pick. Bad combine. Round 3 possibly in my opinion. I think he’ll really break through but this is just my speculation right now.

I like Sidney Rice and I'm curious to see how he'll do this year. He really came on and improved last year but Spurrier's system produces a lot of WR's and most of them fail in the NFL. Boom or Bust player is what I think. He has good hands though which should give him a round 1 grade. Can't hurt to have speed, hands, and upside at WR. I put the range I think they project to currently to see if GB might have a shot. If the Pack bomb this year and have a pick with Johnson on the clock. You take him in a heart beat.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Samardzija also plays baseball and he is a stud. He pitches and throws in the low to mid 90's. So he may not even end up playing in the NFL.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packersfan43084 said:
Samardzija also plays baseball and he is a stud. He pitches and throws in the low to mid 90's. So he may not even end up playing in the NFL.

He is a great college pitcher but his future is in the NFL. He is Notre Dame's #3 pitcher I believe. He has already said he will go into the NFL next year. Probably as a #1 draft pick.

The funny thing is is that Weis didn't even know he existed when he arrived on campus. The ND baseball coach Paul Maineri(sp) told Weis the best WR on the team is this kid named Samardja. Weis went through his papers and said WHO? The kid is an incredible athlete and hell of a competitor.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
#1 pick? What did you smoke? Dude this guy is lucky if he gets drafted in the second round, he's probably going to be a 3rd round pick.

I meant SOMEBODY'S #1 pick. As in the first round. Not the overall #1 pick....that's reserved for Brady Quinn. :lol:

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Calvin Johnson from Georgia Tech, he is a big, physical Wr with great hands and good speed. I think Ginn is gonna be a bust, but in the 2nd round, he would be very good value. He could be good, but he is one of those picks, that will be a stud or a dud, there is no in-between.