Charles Woodson

Packerfanforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Woodson was first brought into Green Bay, there was speculation that Mccarthy would use him on occasion with the offense. I was happy with the idea. I think it would bring a much needed spark to our play making capabilites. While in college, he was involved very much with the Michigan offense and was very successful. Anybody else think this would be a good idea, or would it just increase his chances of injury?

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it sounds like they don't even want to use him on returns anymore, so they may be worried about injury.

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they should try him at a little wide out when they're just outside of the red zone, 25-35 range.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to use him on returns, because he's not that effective considering the risk of injury. Wouldn't mind him playing a little offense though.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My feeling is that if a player can contribute in any way, you use him in that way. What's this about risk of injury? A player can get injured any time he's on the field. You shouldn't be scared to put your best players out there, as long as they are not overused to the point of becoming fatigued.

Maybe they could try Woodson on some offensive snaps during training camp, and if he adds a spark, use him occasionally on offense. But at this point in his career, I doubt that he's going to do anything special enough to justify using him that way.

As for punt returns, he did a respectable job last year behind horrible blocking, and if he's still the best punt returner on the team, by all means he should be returning punts.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
by not going to all the OTA's and stuff i reckon Woodson kinda killed off the idead of playing offense.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather not have him play on offense.

What I do want however, is Greg Jennings on defense. DL, LB, wherever.

Get that man on the field.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
by not going to all the OTA's and stuff i reckon Woodson kinda killed off the idead of playing offense.

I think Woodson wanted to be on offense partially because he wasn't have much fun on D due to no one wanting to test him. Now he has Harris on the other side, he's doing PR and he's getting oppurtunities to make plays. I those two things overshadow using him on O. Especially since he has to know he was nicked up quite a bit and throwing him on ST, D and O would be ... not wise.

Even with that all said. I'd like to see him in on a play ... rarely.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
aw yah I love the idea of players lining up both ways, ala the Patriots did with Vrabel, Brown etc. It's one of the reasons The Pack having Korey Hall excites me, I sure hope they at least give him a defensive playbook to study even if he dosent get many reps. :D

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
I'd rather not have him play on offense.

What I do want however, is Greg Jennings on defense. DL, LB, wherever.

Get that man on the field.

LOLOLOL!!! Greg Jennings...replacing Pickett on the D-Line. Ummmm....probably not. I'm hoping he steps up in his 2nd year even more and continues to take pressure off of Driver though.