Chad Johnson

Reaction score
Guess he wants out ... i'd take him ...

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080131/SPT02/801310333/1066/SPT

Driver Johnson Jennings jones

I'm guessing the Bengals would ask for one of our two young WRs, probably Jennings + day 1 draft pick(s).

That is TOO much for Johnson. And we really don't have a need for Chad; Driver is our #1, every one of our current WRs knows that and respects it. Johnson wouldn't, he's too much trouble.

I'd stay the heck away. This isn't Madden, team chemistry amongst players and coaches means a lot.

Packers_Finland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be a dream come true, but I doubt he would fit here. Chad is my favorite non-Packer in the NFL, but he's all about himself, unlike most in our team.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thas true.....if he was a TEAM player, i'd say try for him. But if we have to give up Jennings, i'd say NO WAY!!!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind CJ, as long as we kept GJ and company.
I don't know alot about him, but he plays hard. He likes to "show" alot, but i think it's just his personality, and not a bad attitude.
He IS talented.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CJ tries, all the time. No 'taking plays off' crap. He really cares about winning. Last year the media tried to make it look like he was imploding and being a cancer when the Bengals were losing, but he wasn't. At all. It was the worst reporting I've ever seen in my life. Yeah he's flashy and likes to do his celebrations, but with all he does on the field, I'll live with him attempting to entertain the fans after a TD.

He's not a cancer like TO, and he's not lazy like Moss, and he's at their level as far as talent goes. Gimme CJ over TO or Moss any day.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CJ tries, all the time. No 'taking plays off' crap. He really cares about winning. Last year the media tried to make it look like he was imploding and being a cancer when the Bengals were losing, but he wasn't. At all. It was the worst reporting I've ever seen in my life. Yeah he's flashy and likes to do his celebrations, but with all he does on the field, I'll live with him attempting to entertain the fans after a TD.

He's not a cancer like TO, and he's not lazy like Moss, and he's at their level as far as talent goes. Gimme CJ over TO or Moss any day.
I agree Trom.
You summed up what i was trying to say quite nicely! :D

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chad Johnson is a productive WR and isnt even close to a cancer. Teammates love him. He just wants out because he doesnt see that much more potential in that Bengals lineup. and i would have to agree with him.

I would take Ocho Cinco on this team anyday... as long as we dont have to give up any of our current core. Maybe James Jones and a first day pick??

Anyway, on local radio here the other day... Chad was being interviewed by the Charlotte media at the Super Bowl. and said 85 + 89 = Super Bowl.

Which means Steve Smith and CJ on the Panthers squad. While i must admit that that would be a significant WR corp... they still wouldnt sniff the Super Bowl. But they went to school together for a while and are really good friends so it is def a possibility.
Can you imagine those two mouths together on one team. Jesus help us.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't want him. I was going to post about Ocho earlier in the week after I heard his interview. Donald Driver was interviewed the day before.
My post was going to be something like:
"thank God for guys like DD, because after listening to Ocho, the difference between the two is day and night, and I'm glad we have DD and not Ocho".

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:
He's too much of a "me" player, all about being in the limelight... can't see him fitting in with our laid back, share the love, unselfish receivers

:agree:

HOOK

Cheesehead
Reaction score

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080131/SPT02/801310333/1066/SPT

He just told Mark Packer of the "Primetime with the Pacman" show, a local sports talk radio show here in Charlotte and surrounding areas, that ocho-cinco and ocho-nueve (Steve Smith) = SuperBowl for the Panthers too. He's doing everything he can, pulling the Rosenhaus antics, to get out of Cinci. Pac's show has been in Arizona for the SB all week and I think Chad has been talking to every show that will have him on. To me, it's an embarrassment for the Bengals who already have enough to deal with and it's not something I want us dealing with either.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Krazygangsta said:

He just told Mark Packer of the "Primetime with the Pacman" show, a local sports talk radio show here in Charlotte and surrounding areas, that ocho-cinco and ocho-nueve (Steve Smith) = SuperBowl for the Panthers too. He's doing everything he can, pulling the Rosenhaus antics, to get out of Cinci. Pac's show has been in Arizona for the SB all week and I think Chad has been talking to every show that will have him on. To me, it's an embarrassment for the Bengals who already have enough to deal with and it's not something I want us dealing with either.
Like i said......all i know about the guy is what i have seen on TV. I didn't know about anything else. THANKS Hook for adding some more info on him for me!

HOOK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HOOK said:
Krazygangsta said:

Like i said......all i know about the guy is what i have seen on TV. I didn't know about anything else. THANKS Hook for adding some more info on him for me!

The dude has got phenomenal talent, to say the least. And he's never really caused many problems in the past that I know of. I just wish players would shut their cakeholes, show up for camp, and play out their contract that "they" signed for a change.

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has talent, but we would be paying a #1 WR salary for CJ when he would be put at #2 or #3 position.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has talent, but we would be paying a #1 WR salary for CJ when he would be put at #2 or #3 position.

Not likely. If he came to camp, with the understanding he had to 'earn' his spot,etc,etc....he'd beat Driver and GJ easily. CJ is good. Very good.

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We really don't need him. Drive will be good for 3-4 more years and Jennings will develop into a star receiver. James Jones will also be a top receiver in 2-3 years.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg Jennings will turn into a Marvin Harrison (even though different style) and James Jones will be our Reggie Wayne.

Members online

No members online now.