Carroll has a talent?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a big Ahmad Carroll fan(really?!).

I think he is useless in coverage, and is more of a liability than an asset.

But watching preseason week 2, the coaching staff is doing something I like. They are blitzing him. Carroll has GREAT speed, and if he can't use his talents covering WRs, they might as well use it coming off the sides and getting to the QB. I've seen it 3 times already this game, and I like it.

Carroll as a blitzer looks good to me.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom,

I was impressed that he was tackling.

The corner blitz was awesome. I think you may be onto something there...

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he is really fast, probaly one of the fastest on the packers and he did look good sacking DJ Shockley I still think he'll stay at coverage though.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Open your eyes , there were more than a few starting CBs last year worse than Ahmad.

21 receivers had 1,000 yards last year, 5 had 1400 +, and believe it or not, Carroll didn't give up all of it.

Carroll's not getting cut or traded and considering the age of Harris and Woodson it won't be long before the starting position is his to keep.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah Carrol wasn't bad and there were worse but he is a little touchy and makes penalties

Pudge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But at least with Harris and Woodson now, you have at least another year or two where Carroll can develop before he might have to be THE MAN.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pudge said:
But at least with Harris and Woodson now, you have at least another year or two where Carroll can develop before he might have to be THE MAN.

True and hopefully that will happen but you never know

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a much better fit as a nickel back than a starter. In today's league, you need 3 solid Corners and the way Carroll is playing is leading me too believe we have 2 great ones and a solid one.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
He's a much better fit as a nickel back than a starter. In today's league, you need 3 solid Corners and the way Carroll is playing is leading me too believe we have 2 great ones and a solid one.

Woodson being the solid one, right?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
porky88 said:

Woodson being the solid one, right?

Woodson has been more than solid. When you don't hear a corners name often, that usually means he's doing his job. Actually, from the first 2 pre season games, Woodson has looked as good as Al Harris.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Crap, someone is gonna take me seriously thinking Woodson is not as good as Carroll and will blast me next week in the chat.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with porky. Most of the time if you dont hear a CBs name, its a good thing, and when you DO hear it, its cuz they messed up.

Its a very thankless job, like an offensive linemen, but its just as important.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grabby Smurf is still one of his nicknames(for a reason), but we can think of it cuz hes GRABBING....QBs as he sacks them. Maybe. We'll see.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Crap, someone is gonna take me seriously thinking Woodson is not as good as Carroll and will blast me next week in the chat.

I was listening too the radio and a guy called in and said Carroll will be the best player on the defense by seasons end. :-?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Zero2Cool said:

I was listening too the radio and a guy called in and said Carroll will be the best player on the defense by seasons end. :-?

trom finally got through on the radio eh