Can we....

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Koivu is still playing? :shock:
I thought he'd be retired by now! I thought he was in his late thirties, which is old for hockey.

Selanne's been around awhile too. How old is he?

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ElleBlue said:
TheKanataThrilla said:
ElleBlue said:
I love Montreal too. It's such a fun city. I've never been to an Expos game though. It's a shame they lost their baseball team. It's even more of a shame they lost the Nordiques to Colorado. What's up with that??? Most Americans don't like hockey. Most of my friends don't like it either. :(

You should visit Quebec City. It is absolutely gorgeous. A very romantic place to take a spouse.

I think many Canadians were upset when the Nordiques left, especially since they won the Cup in their first year in Colorado. That being said Patrick Roy would never have been traded to Quebec so it is debatable whether Quebec could have won a cup if they had stayed.

It is hard to blame Americans for not liking hockey. The exposure in the States is dismall and I have to laugh that some friends of mine cannot even get some of the playoff games due to their cable providers and they live just outside of Pittsburgh. It also helps if you play the sport as well. I am guessing there are not many hockey rinks and those that exist are too expensive for many people to afford. It is a very expensive sport to play.

How did you become a hockey ElleBlue? Rangers in 1994? Gretzky?

My dad always took me to Rangers and Mets games growing up. We lived in New York City, so we'd hop a subway and go to the Garden. When I was a kid, hockey was the only thing that held my interest. I didn't understand football at all and baseball was slow moving.

for most of my life (I shouldn't confess this here) I only watched hockey and baseball. My dad is a Packers fan (since before Lombardi) and my brother and I followed suit (just like we did with the Mets and Rangers). I had Packers logo gear. But I didn't really sit through an entire game. I'd just ask if they won or not and what was the score. It wasn't until about 1990 that I got really interested in football. That was a good time to get interested in Packers I would say.

I was really floored when the Rangers got the Stanley cup in '94. I had seen them get in the playoffs and get eliminated. Back in the 80's, I had to watch the Islanders get (if I remember correctly 3 cups in a row)! UGH!

I would love to go to Quebec City. I was in Montreal with friends and they went on to Quebec city. I had to go home (for work), so I just stayed in Montreal for two more days and drove home (9 hours).

Actually it was 4 in a row for the Isle back in the 80's. What a great team they had.

I missed this one....
So they won in 1980 too. I remember 81,82 and 83. I was crying in my beer... er.... soda!

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers_Finland said:
Selänne is 37, turning 38 this year. But I still like to believe he'll come back for another year.

Ah, my Finnish friend. If anyone would know, it would be you. I think Gretzky was 39 or 40 when he retired, so Teemu still has a few more good years in him! 8)

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Koivu is still playing? :shock:
I thought he'd be retired by now! I thought he was in his late thirties, which is old for hockey.

Selanne's been around awhile too. How old is he?

Saku played game 6 against Boston. He was the second star of the game. He is getting up there in age ( although I think younger than Teemu), but his heart is pretty big.

Members online