brett on another team

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
Porky said,

Tom Brady knows how to take what the defense gives you. Brett Favre didn't do that last year. He rarely dumped the pass off, instead he'd force the pass

Tom Brady has the luxury of having a team around him where's he's been able to do that, Brett Favre hasn't.

His #1 WR this year is Doug Gabriel unless Branch comes back and Chad Jackson needs to get healthy. He has TE's that are good but nothing like a Antonio Gates or Tony G. I actually like Ben Watson a lot this year and think he'll have a great year though and part of it is because of Brady.

Branch has actually never had a 1,000 yard year. So he's WR's were never top of the class. They had some good players though but this year is a different story.

I won't judge Brady on preseason but his preseason performance was nothing short of amazing. In my opinion Brady is the best in the game today and would be a great asset to any team in this era. I think it’s unfair to compare a 37 year old QB to a 28 year old QB who is still in his prime.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to admit it but Favre DID play a part in last years struggles but it seemed everything went bad and just snowballed for everyone. As a selfish fan I would find it hard to see Brett finish with another team. Loyalty to one team is so rare now that at would just be one more thing to love him for if he played his career with one team(I don't count the Falcons)

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
I hate to admit it but Favre DID play a part in last years struggles but it seemed everything went bad and just snowballed for everyone. As a selfish fan I would find it hard to see Brett finish with another team. Loyalty to one team is so rare now that at would just be one more thing to love him for if he played his career with one team(I don't count the Falcons)

You can't blame Brett favre because the Packers haven't really been loyal to him.

6 wasted years under Mike Sherman and 2 more under TT. TT obviously wants to rebuild the Packers via the daraft and isn't concerned with Favre's career. TT would like to get his boy Aaron Rodgers in the game.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
TomAllen said:
So is having no offensive line, no receivers, and no running game for a Profession Football team in the NFL.

But there it is.

Favre was accountable for a lot of those turnovers. The fumbles and INT's. Forcing passes is something that NFL QB’s just can’t do now a days. The Corners will break on the ball and pick it for 6. It happened a lot last season. He can’t do that this year. If he does, it’s time to retire. Seems like your willing to blame it all on something other than Favre making bad decisions and forcing the ball into double and triple coverage. Did the receivers, running game, and offensive line factor into his struggles. Sure but Favre didn't help his cause. Even when Gado was running good for a brief stint, nothing was better.

I completely disagree. You could have put Tom Brady, Joe Montana or anyone on the Packers last year and they would have been just as bad. Favre is a gamer, he had NOTHING to work with last year so he did at times chuck it up last year. Should he had just took a knee or threw it out of bounds on 1ST, 2ND and 3RD down. He had no help WHATSOEVER. Put Brett on a quality team with 2-3 LEGIT NFL recievers, an offensive line that can give him time to throw and a decent running game and he would be fine. Brett taking the heat for managements inability to field a capable product is uncalled for and makes me wish Brett would have hung it up last year.

pyledriver80,

You hit the nail on the head with this post, I would hate to see what the final scores would have been last year without Brett there. Man, last season was messed in so many ways. Let's just pray this season goes better than many of us our expecting.

I still believe ( call it wishfull thinking ) with a bit of luck we can go 9-7. As for Brett, he has paid his dues to us and the Packer Organization many times over already and I also, will cheer him anywhere !!

GO PACK

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if Aaron doesn't pan out Brett may of bought TT one more year of grace. Can't say the years under Sherman were a complete waste as we won the division more then anyone else. I'd find it a little different if Brett didn't have a ring but as he's said himself he's accomplished all that. At least if he would be garanteed a ring but even if he goes to a different team who says he'll get one. I'd feel bad if he went somewhere everyone would think he'd bring them a ring, so anything less he would feel like a failure. Don't see him wanting that pressure which he's admitted himself last spring

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what Boyd to me all fFarve is doing is pissing and moaning. He bascically told this team YOU GUYS SUCK AND I DONT WANT TO BE HEAR. kinda wish tt would give his butt the thing he wants. If I was a teammaste I would be pissed about his comments sometimes I just wish Farve would shut up.

As far as the fans oweing Farve I bet Farve likes those Paychecks we help him make too huh. Who owes who

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they havent been loyal to him?

what does that even mean? TT isnt concerned with favres career? what makes you think that, the multiple trips he took to his house in the offseason?

your speculation is..well just that. And stating it as a fact is ignorant.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd hate to see Favre with a different team. And like was stated here, going somewhere else does NOT guarentee another super bowl. By next year we could be in good shape to make a run too, (in my opinion).

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I completely disagree. You could have put Tom Brady, Joe Montana or anyone on the Packers last year and they would have been just as bad. Favre is a gamer, he had NOTHING to work with last year so he did at times chuck it up last year. Should he had just took a knee or threw it out of bounds on 1ST, 2ND and 3RD down. He had no help WHATSOEVER. Put Brett on a quality team with 2-3 LEGIT NFL recievers, an offensive line that can give him time to throw and a decent running game and he would be fine. Brett taking the heat for managements inability to field a capable product is uncalled for and makes me wish Brett would have hung it up last year.

I have to agree with Pyledriver here. Let's see - we had crap for guards, a severely wounded Green for what, five games? Followed by nothing until Gado came along, then Gado gets injured. All our receivers but Driver get injured. Come on. We had nothing to work with.

So, put Peyton Manning in there and watch him leave after five games with a season ending injury. Put Brady in there and watch him throw the ball away every down because nobody's open and he's about to get sacked every down. Favre had nothing to work with. There was no running game. There was no pass protection. At least Favre tried to make something out of nothing. I think people are forgetting that Favre threw for almost 3900 yards, with nothing to work with. How is that not a miracle? We would have been by far the worst team in the league without Favre. Instead, we were the fourth worst.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Let's really think about this.

What team COULD he go to?

How does it effect our cap?

How would it effect their cap?

I just don't see Brett being able to put any team over the hump enough to off set everything else. My first guess would be the Ravens, but they got Steve McNair now.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok, here's a question...has anybody actually SEEN this costas now?? i'd really like to see how the entire interview went, how the questions were guided, & his demeanor during the interview.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
ok, here's a question...has anybody actually SEEN this costas now?? i'd really like to see how the entire interview went, how the questions were guided, & his demeanor during the interview.

I heard it was supposed to be televised wednesday. But i have no idea what time or channel.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting to believe that TT got rid of Sherman so that he could get rid of Brett Favre easier. Why? I'm not totally sure. Perhaps his total rebuilding project included getting rid of Favre from the get go, but he knows that it's a tricky situation, so he's kind of set the table so that Favre has no other choice. Is TT's plan to get Aaron Rodgers at the helm, and did he want to do so this year? It's anyone's guess, but from recent moves, it's beginning to look like that was the plan, at least to me it it.

these conspiracy theories are gettin ridiculous. Now TT actually developed a plot where he made his offseason moves in order to get rid of Brett Favre. All this because he planted all his faith in Aaron Rodgers... a kid expected to go in the top 5 atleast maybe the second choice of the draft, all while we had the 24th selection (there was no way we were going to get A-rod) then came the draft and he miraculously orchestrated A-rods fall from the TOP 2!!! to the 24th spot. (he did all of this from the grassy knoll by the way) if all this is true i think that makes TT the greatest GM of all time, he can make players drop in the draft with his mind. either that or he sees the future.

Look i love brett favre, so does TT... TT would have cut him or traded him or let Favre seek a trade if they thought he needed to go or couldnt help the packers anymore. Why would TT be so petty as to cleverly plan out Favres demise. and the fact that we got A-rod was nothing more than a glorius peice of luck. TT will let favre play here for at least one more year, that is unless the aliens get to him before TT can. freaks

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your foolish babble

Some of you listen to ESPN take his remarks out of context and believe them rather than hear the full question and full answer given by Brett.
Research before going off foolishly.

Brett said if the Packers did not want him back and
he still wanted to play in the NFL
he would consider playing for another team.

There are 2 key conditions in the statement.

ESPN deliberately wants controversy and you people keep falling for it hook, line, sinker, and pole.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
I'm starting to believe that TT got rid of Sherman so that he could get rid of Brett Favre easier. Why? I'm not totally sure. Perhaps his total rebuilding project included getting rid of Favre from the get go, but he knows that it's a tricky situation, so he's kind of set the table so that Favre has no other choice. Is TT's plan to get Aaron Rodgers at the helm, and did he want to do so this year? It's anyone's guess, but from recent moves, it's beginning to look like that was the plan, at least to me it it.

these conspiracy theories are gettin ridiculous. Now TT actually developed a plot where he made his offseason moves in order to get rid of Brett Favre. All this because he planted all his faith in Aaron Rodgers... a kid expected to go in the top 5 atleast maybe the second choice of the draft, all while we had the 24th selection (there was no way we were going to get A-rod) then came the draft and he miraculously orchestrated A-rods fall from the TOP 2!!! to the 24th spot. (he did all of this from the grassy knoll by the way) if all this is true i think that makes TT the greatest GM of all time, he can make players drop in the draft with his mind. either that or he sees the future.

Look i love brett favre, so does TT... TT would have cut him or traded him or let Favre seek a trade if they thought he needed to go or couldnt help the packers anymore. Why would TT be so petty as to cleverly plan out Favres demise. and the fact that we got A-rod was nothing more than a glorius peice of luck. TT will let favre play here for at least one more year, that is unless the aliens get to him before TT can. freaks

Another way to look at it Packnic, is that once Aaron Rodgers became available, it fit in with TT's masterplan of totally rebuilding the Packer team from the ground up.

That's why there are many people who feel that TT hasn't upgraded the offense, or done much to help Brett Favre out with the WR situation--in the hopes of trying to force Brett's hand into retirement. Now that Favre hasn't retired, TT is kind of backed into a corner and has to interview people like Koren Robinson (which i'm not totally against, by the way, with certain stipulations). The reason TT went about it this way, it is surmised, is that it is hard to tell an icon and future HOF QB like Brett Favre that the organization doesn't want you anymore, and is looking to replace you with a rookie draft pick!

Now, if TT is straight with Brett at the end of this year and tells him that his services are no longer desired in GB, and that he can seek a trade if he likes, why would anyone come down on Brett if he feels like he can still play, and still has the desire to play, and ends up with another team?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT has stated several times that Favre is here for as long as he wants to be, no one is rushing him....

ill lay down a 1000 dollars that says brett will be a green bay packer again next season if we have a .500 record or better, and if he has a crappy year he will retire.

Arod falling to 24th did fit into TT's master rebuild plan, but it just happened a year early. TT just so happened to luck up and get arod not because he wanted brett out... but because it just freakin happened.... he isnt like you and think that Brett favre is 10 feet tall and shoots lightning out his ****. he knows brett will eventually retire ... and thankfully he isnt putting all his eggs in one basket. hes building for the future so we dont have one playoff run and then 10 years in the gutter. all while allowing brett to do whatever it is brett wants to do

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of you listen to ESPN take his remarks out of context and believe them rather than hear the full question and full answer given by Brett.

ESPN deliberately wants controversy and you people keep falling for it hook, line, sinker, and pole.

*SIGN*
I don't think there's anything more to say about that matter.

Noisey Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts: Brett is a great player if it happens it happens I Will miss him and I would support him Cause A man's gota do what a man's gota do. I am no pro football player but I have been faced with the same situation in my life pledge my alience to someone situations change plans change thats life. :lol:

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't wait for the season to start to watch the GB Packers and Brett Favre play. At the end of the season we can discuss. I can't honestly blame BF for all of the turnovers last year. No way. Might as well have just dropped a knee three times and punted the way some of you sound. BF played as he always played. Try to win by moving the chains. I'm a Packer fan and BF fan. He's always worn his heart on his sleeve and he will always speak his mind. This causes everyone to turn his statements inside and out and make a major controversy over it. This Sunday we get to watch the best Bear slayer of all time go out and do some hunting. He's got his Bear tags and I for one am going to root for his trophy. The next week he aint no Saint as I root for he and the Pack to whoop some *** on them....and so on. The team is in the shape its in because of management, period. We've been competitive for so long because of management and Brett Favre. Every dynasty has its beginning and end. We're watching the end but not before we fight for the finish. Stop your *****in' and start the rooting because for the love of god it's NFL time and time for the Pack to go Pack go!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Your foolish babble

CaliforniaCheez said:

except I(im not sure many others did) didnt hear it from ESPN...we got it from JSOnline.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'll wait to actually SEE the show & HEAR what favre says before i make any further comments on the subject.

Members online

Latest posts