brett on another team

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i read brett has an interview with costus sorry if i masacured tht anyway in the paper jsonline read where he said that if next year they give him that option he may take but you may want to wach the interview :(

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
http://www.jsonline.com/search/search.aspx?ct=JS2001&sd=FileWrite&c2=%40filewrite&o2=%3E&q2=-1m&keywords=costas

Nothing too current about Bob Costas at JSOnline.com

Can't find anything either, but he has me wondering. I am off to search !!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here it is :

JS ONLINE: SPORTS: PACKERS: E-MAIL | PRINT
THIS STORY

Favre changes tune on switching teams
Posted: Sept. 2, 2006
SportsDay

Bob Wolfley

In recent years, Brett Favre has said repeatedly he is not interested in ending his career with any team other than the Green Bay Packers.

But he sounds a different note in an interview with Bob Costas to be aired Wednesday night on HBO's "Costas Now."

Favre says he would consider playing for another team, presumably after this season, if the Packers approved.

Costas tells Favre many "great players in every sport" have finished their careers with teams other than the ones they helped make successful.

What if there were a 9-7 team "and they need a guy for a year or two (to) make a Super Bowl run," Costas posed.

Advertisement

"I can't say it wouldn't happen," Favre said. "If it comes to a point where they do start over and I feel like I can play and they say, 'Brett, if you want to go somewhere else, go ahead, but we've got to start over. It's time for us to rebuild. It just doesn't make sense, so do what you want.' If I got the itch at some point, I can't say 'no.' "

Favre told Sports Illustrated recently that remarks by CBS-TV's Phil Simms prompted him to return for at least another season.

In the interview with Costas, Favre provides more details about the day he decided to keep playing.

Favre said on the night of April 14 he was listening to Simms being interviewed on the NFL channel on Sirius Satellite Radio. Sirius is the pay radio partner of the National Football League.

"That night, I remember it as if it was yesterday, and in my truck I have satellite radio," Favre said. "They said, 'Phil Simms is coming on in 30 minutes, going to discuss Brett Favre's situation, whether or not he should come back or not.'

"I said, 'I wouldn't mind listening to his advice.' "

Simms said that night: "Play as long as you can. When you think it's over, play another or two years. . . because life after football, it's forever."

Said Favre: "That's me. I said, 'You know, he's right. I should go back because I know I still can play. I know I still want to.' "

Happy to jump ship
Denver Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker watched the Cincinnati Bengals trounce his former Packers team last week and was asked what he thought.

"Obviously, we have a chance to be a Super Bowl team," Walker told the Denver Post. "Obviously, they have a chance to win four games."

Walker, disgruntled in Green Bay, was traded in April to the Broncos for a second-round draft pick.

"It just made me happy to know I'm here and not dealing with that anymore," Walker said. "This is a winning organization, and I'm better off here."

Walker said he wants to see certain Packers players perform well and mentioned Al Harris, Charles Woodson, Bubba Franks and Robert Ferguson.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd want to play for another team too. Without turning this into a TT bashing thread let's be clear that I have heard noone say they think the Packers are trying to win this year.

TT is either rebuilding for the future or is to incompetent or just does not care enough to do what it takes to win while Brett is still around. Either way, Brett has no chance at anything in GB.

I'd support the guy if he went to the stinking Vikings or Bears. GB fans owe that much to him. The writing is on the wall in GB, no matter which way you slice it, so who can blame him?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The end of that article.

Agreement reached

The Milwaukee Brewers reached an agreement to extend the contract of broadcaster Bill Schroeder, who is in his 12th season as the analyst of Brewers telecasts.

The current contracts for both Schroeder and his play-by-play partner, Daron Sutton, expire after this season.

The club now is in discussions with Sutton to extend his deal. Sutton has been the television voice of the Brewers for nearly five seasons.

The Brewers' executive vice president-business operations, Rick Schlesinger, did not disclose the terms of the agreement with Schroeder other than to say "it's a multi-year" one.

"We've essentially reached a deal in principle for an extension with Bill Schroeder and we are in discussions with Daron (Sutton) and his people for an extension for Daron," Schlesinger said Friday.

All Brewers games are carried on Fox Sports Net. The Brewers have the final authority to choose their broadcasters, but FSN North has input into the decision.

"Everyone of the production side (FSN North) and on the Brewers side is of a mind on this and in sync," Schlesinger said, referring to extending the contracts of both Schroeder and Sutton.

Schroeder was a major-league catcher for eight seasons with the Brewers and California Angels before entering broadcasting. For the last three winters, Schroeder has coordinated the Brewers Fantasy Camp held at Maryvale, Ariz., the team's spring training facility.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=490452

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I'd want to play for another team too. Without turning this into a TT bashing thread let's be clear that I have heard noone say they think the Packers are trying to win this year.

TT is either rebuilding for the future or is to incompetent or just does not care enough to do what it takes to win while Brett is still around. Either way, Brett has no chance at anything in GB.

I'd support the guy if he went to the stinking Vikings or Bears. GB fans owe that much to him. The writing is on the wall in GB, no matter which way you slice it, so who can blame him?

if this isn't baiting , i don't know what is.
i just log on here and i see a thread concerning baiting, then i read this crapola.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't put the blame on anyone ( even though I have my own ideas as to who is pissing him off ). The bottom line is however, that he must be pissed at something or Brett would not be bringing this up at all. Just my opinion, but we were lucky we got him back this year at all !!! Cheers !!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
pyledriver80 said:

if this isn't baiting , i don't know what is.
i just log on here and i see a thread concerning baiting, then i read this crapola.

What are you talking about? I simply stated that either way, if you are in the TT camp or not, NOONE thinks this team is going to the SB anytime soon. Thats exactly what it says!

So, I think we ALL agree we are not going again with Brett at the helm, so why would you blame the guy for wanting to go elsewhere.

Great, now Trom will go from insulting in every thread to trying to blame me for baiting in a every thread. I can see it already.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why bring up my name at all?

you do it to yourself. sigh.

bretts on the team, thats all that matters.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No lets take a quick look at what transpired here. I came in and responded with

Notice I did not bring your name up anywhere and it's ALL football related!

Then you chime in with

lol, i know.

Notice NO football information and you were responding to a post about myself. Who brought Who up again?

So yeah *sigh* is about right

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, how does anybody see this as Favre saying that he isn't satisfied? He just said that if the team told him that they were going in a different direction and wanted Rodgers or whomever else to be quarterback, that he would understand and if he still desired to play, he would do so for another team. I don't see any possible way you can spin this to make it sound like he doesn't like the team anymore or he desperately wants out, but somehow some of you found a way to make it out like that.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What happened to the me bringing you up thing? Are you done with that bit of false information now?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Wow, how does anybody see this as Favre saying that he isn't satisfied? He just said that if the team told him that they were going in a different direction and wanted Rodgers or whomever else to be quarterback, that he would understand and if he still desired to play, he would do so for another team. I don't see any possible way you can spin this to make it sound like he doesn't like the team anymore or he desperately wants out, but somehow some of you found a way to make it out like that.

yeah, I can understand his feelings, if thats how he feels about the team.

But isnt this something that shouldnt be said outside the coaches\GMs office?

This is rocking the boat, and it is unsettling. Brett has never been a good leader (just led by example, aka 'he played hard' ) and this seals it.

I hope he stays, and retracts his statements, for the sake of the team, even if it IS how he feels.

So much for his leadership. Cmon brett.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It isn't rocking the boat in the least bit! He said that if the Packers didn't want him anymore then he would still play even for a different team. It isn't Brett saying that he wants to play for another team because he hates the current one. He has said nothing but good things about this years team even though there has been so many negative things said about them. He said that this was a talented team and he wants to be with them when they get it all together. It isn't Dante Culpepper demanding to be traded or anything remotely like that. It was him saying that he wants to play no matter what.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why bring talk like this up A WEEK BEFORE THE REGULAR SEASON?

A lot of people think its not a great team, and Favre is talking about possibly playing somewhere else, "if GB wants to go that route." He throws that in to put the pressure on GB, Again. like his constant "then cut me" statements.

I dont like this. Just shut up, #4, and throw the damn ball....to people in GREEN AND GOLD this year.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
SuperRat said:

yeah, I can understand his feelings, if thats how he feels about the team.

But isnt this something that shouldnt be said outside the coaches\GMs office?

This is rocking the boat, and it is unsettling. Brett has never been a good leader (just led by example, aka 'he played hard' ) and this seals it.

I hope he stays, and retracts his statements, for the sake of the team, even if it IS how he feels.

So much for his leadership. Cmon brett.

I disagree that Brett hasn't been a leader. He has led this team for over a decade. How can you say someone who doesn't miss a game for as long as he has is not a leader? Brett is being Brett and saying how he feels.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was an interview. He was asked a specific question. He answered that question honestly. It wasn't being negative towards the team at all. It was being realistic. He realizes that Rodgers is getting better and the team might want him to take over for Brett sooner than Brett wants to retire.

Members online

Latest posts