Bio on Rodgers in Works

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but once the FA signings take place then the real draft talk can start. All guess work as of now. Not to say it won't remain guess work, just different guess work. Teams needs will change in both directions. Add in a couple of trades, then I will start to actually read what our forum experts have to say. I might even put in my 2 cents even though I am a non-expert.

Reaction score
I'm blaming the national media for suddenly going gaga over his crazy good TD/Int ratio. I still believe Rodgers made that his ticket to a lasting legacy of all time greatness. Just my take.
That doesn’t surprise me. Somewhere in the midst of that stat is ME.
There’s a big difference between wanting to be the best looking QB (stats) and wanting to be the best looking team (Trophies)

Interesting enough I just happen to be reading a book on Leadership (John Maxwell) that the Owner of our Company bought for me. As I ponder each Chapter and begin to see what’s needed for true leadership, it’s very telling and it’s surprisingly intentional.
I don’t think Rodgers had everyone’s trust (this is just my opinion and it’s really not a slight on him, it’s just how I see him) Great athlete, very mediocre leader. He had respect to a pretty significant level though, but without trust you can’t be an effective leader. Which for me explains he did have success… just didn’t do it at the highest level very often or consistently when put in a position to do so. I think higher character guys like Vince and Bart exuded trust to more people in their circle of influence, Just my opinion here

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah but once the FA signings take place then the real draft talk can start. All guess work as of now. Not to say it won't remain guess work, just different guess work. Teams needs will change in both directions. Add in a couple of trades, then I will start to actually read what our forum experts have to say. I might even put in my 2 cents even though I am a non-expert.
It is true. The roster building through the draft is like a puzzle. Until the first chunks are handed out through FA, we can’t really be sure which puzzle we’re putting together.

Thanks @Schultz! You’ve made me fully aware it’s mostly an exercise in futility I’ve been doing all this time!:eek:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol, then things will really get goofy in here with ........... We need to sign this guy right now! ........ Gute needs to quit being a tight *** and bring these 3 guys in yesterday! ...... Wth is our stupid, lazy GM waiting for????? ......... We are the embarrassment of the NFL not signing these crazy good players!!!
You forgot "I heard of that guy so he must be good." He had that one career game that got all the highlights.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Just going to point out that ARod is not done yet. The Jets could be so good it's almost scary. That Defense is amazing. And I imagine they'll be getting some O line help.
I'm not seeing it. The one thing working in the Jets favor imo though is that the rest of the teams in the AFC East are going to be varying degrees of hot garbage imo.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol, climb aboard my wagon full of non experts. The Packers generally go after their targets in the draft regardless of position then fill in any holes left with post draft free agents when it is a buyers market.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, then things will really get goofy in here with ........... We need to sign this guy right now! ........ Gute needs to quit being a tight *** and bring these 3 guys in yesterday! ...... Wth is our stupid, lazy GM waiting for????? ......... We are the embarrassment of the NFL not signing these crazy good players!!!

The 'Every other team in the NFL has improved other than us!!!' cynics

Marginally better than the tired 'jokes' about trading a 1st rounder for 2 7ths to draft a long snapper that will come up closer to the draft.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just going to point out that ARod is not done yet. The Jets could be so good it's almost scary.

I think there is a more likely scenario that another offseason where they look to add a few more of Aaron's chosen to the roster, it is a dumpster fire and Saleh is fired mid season.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there is a more likely scenario that another offseason where they look to add a few more of Aaron's chosen to the roster, it is a dumpster fire and Saleh is fired mid season.
It just looked to me that they were completely missing at QB. The defense is very aggressive. That young receiver (Olave?) is really good and I could see ARod going to him a lot. So we'll see but I think Rodgers, especially with an improved O line, will have much longer drives and put up more points.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It just looked to me that they were completely missing at QB. The defense is very aggressive. That young receiver (Olave?) is really good and I could see ARod going to him a lot. So we'll see but I think Rodgers, especially with an improved O line, will have much longer drives and put up more points.
When is the improved OL coming? I see a hot mess coached by a hot mess. The Jets seem to totally not value offensive line play.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just going to point out that ARod is not done yet. The Jets could be so good it's almost scary. That Defense is amazing. And I imagine they'll be getting some O line help.
Needs of OL1 OL2 WR1 WR2 WR3 cannot be overlooked. They will be hot garbage. 8's gonna have a broken hip due to constant pressure.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Needs of OL1 OL2 WR1 WR2 WR3 cannot be overlooked. They will be hot garbage. 8's gonna have a broken hip due to constant pressure.
They have a WR1 (Garrett Wilson) and the 10th pick in the draft. I imagine that will be for a ready OT. And they evidently do need a 2nd receiver. I was just so impressed with their defense. It's not like I spent all my time watching the Jets. But when I did; it seemed obvious to me that their lack of a QB1 was holding them back more than anything. Just did some reading on their salary cap which they have about $30M of space. In my opinion Hackett is a problem for them. He's just not very good. I imagine if the offense does not do better; he'll be gone early in the season. Whether Rodgers likes it or not. I'm actually surprised others don't see the Jet's potential. So my theory is that if they can move the ball some and let the defense rest some; they will be very good.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have a WR1 (Garrett Wilson) and the 10th pick in the draft. I imagine that will be for a ready OT. And they evidently do need a 2nd receiver. I was just so impressed with their defense. It's not like I spent all my time watching the Jets. But when I did; it seemed obvious to me that their lack of a QB1 was holding them back more than anything. Just did some reading on their salary cap which they have about $30M of space. In my opinion Hackett is a problem for them. He's just not very good. I imagine if the offense does not do better; he'll be gone early in the season. Whether Rodgers likes it or not. I'm actually surprised others don't see the Jet's potential. So my theory is that if they can move the ball some and let the defense rest some; they will be very good.
8's line is suspect. You cannot win when sacked and blitzed constantly. Think again. A bunch of so so WRs and ancient favorites. When you are getting punished up front you cannot get it done.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder now if that actually would have been a better outcome, or if this really did work out for the best.

Hanging onto Rodgers one more season created a specific set of circumstances that set into motion a specific chain of events that (in turn) led to a specific set of outcomes - beginning with a a very good 2022 draft, another year of development for Jordan Love, that phenomenal 2023 draft where Gute hit a home run on practically every one of the 13 picks we had, and Jordan Love popping out of his cocoon and emerging as one of the top half-dozen quarterbacks in the NFL.

And the most significant specific outcome of that chain of events is that right now we're the best young team in the NFL - we're primed for a deep playoff run and quite possibly a Super Bowl in the year 2024. Just 2 years after that catastrophic 13-10 debacle.

Make that trade with Denver in 22, how many of those specific circumstances actually happen going into the 2022 pre-season? None. And without those circumstances in place, how many of the events over the next 2 years play out the same way? None, really.

And if none of those key circumstances develop the same way that they did in real life, how likely is it that we would have arrived at this set of outcomes - strongest young team in the league, one of the top 5 or 6 quarterbacks, legitimate Lombardi contender?

Hard to say, because it's purely speculation, but there are a number of reasons to believe this might not have happened.

In that alternate universe, the first event that is different is that Rodgers is traded before the 22 draft. That means the draft won't be the same - might get some of the same players, but not all of them, and the draft picks we would have gottten from Denver would have changed our whole draft strategy. So that's one thing that will be different. Will the draft turn out better for us - or worse?

Or roughly comparable?

Who can know? You only need to change a small number of picks to dramatically change the course of an entire draft.

Second thing that happens is probably the big one - Love steps up as the starter after just 2 seasons of apprenticeship, rather than 3.

It's safe to say that he probably wouldn't have been quite as polished in Year 3 as he was in Year 4, and while I now believe he would still be a very good quarterback, I doubt we'd have seen the same level of excellence in his first year as a starter as we did in 23. Even if for no other reason than that he woudn't have had those tremendous young receivers from the 23 draft.

Which is the next big difference between Real Life and the Alternate Universe - the 2023 draft that really loaded the team for our window would have been very different. Again, probably still good, but the odds of it being the huge grand slam that it was seem slim.

Long story short, when we held onto Rodgers in the 2022 offseason, a lot of us (and yeah, me included) melted down and said "whoopeee, 1970s and 80s here we come again!!!"

Jim del Gaizo. Randy Johnson, Jerry Tagge, Carlos Brown, Don Milan.... Randy Wright, Rich Campbell, David Whitehurst, Blair Kiel... Alan Risher, Jack Concannon, Scott Hunter, and AFD - Anthony Freaking Dilweg. I looked back at our past, and I saw our future. I honestly did not have high expectations of Rodgers at that point, and while I didn't expect to spend 15 years marooned on Planet Dilweg with no hope of rescue, I figured there was a a pretty decent chance that we'd have a 4-8 year period where we had a revolving door for mediocre quarterbacks, and the Bears would be the ones laughing and pointing at us.

The only time in my life that I was ever happier to be wrong about something was when my wife finally told me we were getting married because she was sick of waiting for me to figure out that yeah, it actually was what she had in mind all the time.

Point is, this whole thing has turned out incredibly differently than what seemed possible (maybe even likely) just 24 months ago. There is no other team in the league that I would trade places with right now, or trade futures. It's almost impossible to imagine how we could be in any better position than we are going into 24.

And if we had done what so many of us wanted and moved Rodgers to the Broncos 2 years ago, we would be in a very different place than we are now, and it's quite possible it wouldn't be as good a place as it is.
I only read like the first graph but on volume alone your take is admirable - and - I agree with the premise you laid out up front. I mean I was on record way way way out front that we needed to move on from Rodgers and he gave us the GOLDEN opportunity which Denver seized… but … cant just move one slot left or right and then assume the rest of the plinkos will go the same way

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8's line is suspect. You cannot win when sacked and blitzed constantly. Think again. A bunch of so so WRs and ancient favorites. When you are getting punished up front you cannot get it done.
Yeah; that offense is way more than just a couple of tweaks away from being elite-level. Rodgers is probably aleady getting those damned "you are now eliglible to join AARP!!!" cards in the mail; he just doesn't have the legs anymore to buy that extra couple of seconds it takes for decent-but-not-great WRs to get open, or the extra couple of yards it takes to keep a decent-but-not-great O-line from falling apart and letting him get driven into the dirt. And coming off of an Achilles tear, at his age, he's going to be especially vulnerable.

There is no quick, one-season fix to building a team that can support Rodgers. They're at least on year and one miracle from the playoffs.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah; that offense is way more than just a couple of tweaks away from being elite-level. Rodgers is probably aleady getting those damned "you are now eliglible to join AARP!!!" cards in the mail; he just doesn't have the legs anymore to buy that extra couple of seconds it takes for decent-but-not-great WRs to get open, or the extra couple of yards it takes to keep a decent-but-not-great O-line from falling apart and letting him get driven into the dirt. And coming off of an Achilles tear, at his age, he's going to be especially vulnerable.

There is no quick, one-season fix to building a team that can support Rodgers. They're at least on year and one miracle from the playoffs.
Imo, the Jets have quite a ways to go to achieve decent O-line status.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I imagine if the offense does not do better; he'll be gone early in the season. Whether Rodgers likes it or not. I'm actually surprised others don't see the Jet's potential. So my theory is that if they can move the ball some and let the defense rest some; they will be very good.

Hackett was 'demoted' already so, he won't be fired. If they didn't care what Rodger's thought he would have been launched into the sun at the end of the year.

It isn't that others aren't seeing their potential, but recognizing what all needs to be fixed. If they get a WR2/WR3, if they fix the Oline, if they get their play calling under control, if Rodgers stays upright... Lots of Ifs. Even if all the on field stuff is fixed there seems to be a bit of a toxic culture with that team/locker. They did not handle adversity well at all last year. Saleh seemed to be in over his head during the season. My guess if the allure of Rodgers in 2024 wasn't there, he probably would have been fired too.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have an AARP card get the hell outta my lawn//lol