Bio on Rodgers in Works

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biography on 12 ready to release. So excited. He's the most interesting QB of our time.

this is a biography, not an AUTO biography.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biography on 12 ready to release. So excited. He's the most interesting QB of our time.

this is a biography, not an AUTO biography.
Shocked it isn't an auto biography....but then he won't have someone to discredit or speak circles about misrepresenting him LOL

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Much like Favre, 99.9% of us loved having Rodgers on our team until the end. Thinking back to the championship belt move in 2010, how well he handled the Favre situation, and so many fantastic games to his credit, I'm sure that it will be entertaining to watch.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Much like Favre, 99.9% of us loved having Rodgers on our team until the end. Thinking back to the championship belt move in 2010, how well he handled the Favre situation, and so many fantastic games to his credit, I'm sure that it will be entertaining to watch.
I disagree somewhat. About four or five years in I became less and less of a fan of him the person, but for sure appreciated the heck out of what he could do as a quarterback. Freaking stud on the field!!!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I disagree somewhat. About four or five years in I became less and less of a fan of him the person, but for sure appreciated the heck out of what he could do as a quarterback. Freaking stud on the field!!!
I think he took a major turn for the worse about 2016. At least, that's when I noticed a change in him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he took a major turn for the worse about 2016. At least, that's when I noticed a change in him.

It was around the time he and Munn got semi serious which would have been about a year in or 2015 season or so he began to rub me wrong as a person.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved watching him play right up until the last couple of years, when I finally got fed up with him worrying more about his QB rating than making a play. But even as early as 2015, I was tired of his prima dona antics. I loved the hell out of the way he passed a football, but the ego just got to be too much.

By the time he pissed away that NFC championship game against the Niners, I was completely done with him. Just wanted him gone. I was disappointed when Gute didn't deal him to the Broncos that offseason; I think we would have gotten a better deal than we did from the Jets a year later.

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Appreciative of all he did while he was here, but I'm glad that ego is somewhere else.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knew he was a total ****** from day 1
Total choke artist in big games his last few years. Who could have seen that coming? Oh - well yeah I did Lol. I dont remember the other stats but his QBR i believe was 39 in the 4th quarter of his last 3 season ending losses.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Much like Favre, 99.9% of us loved having Rodgers on our team until the end.

2021 was the beginning of the end for me. By mid-2022, just wanted us to move on from him and when he was finally traded it was just a sigh of relief that it was over. Some of that is related to me being older and into football more for the entertainment value rather than being emotionally invested in just wins and losses and Rodgers was just sucking the joy out of the room for me.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until the 4th quarter of a playoff game

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, me too. I was really hoping the Broncos trade was the ticket.
I wonder now if that actually would have been a better outcome, or if this really did work out for the best.

Hanging onto Rodgers one more season created a specific set of circumstances that set into motion a specific chain of events that (in turn) led to a specific set of outcomes - beginning with a a very good 2022 draft, another year of development for Jordan Love, that phenomenal 2023 draft where Gute hit a home run on practically every one of the 13 picks we had, and Jordan Love popping out of his cocoon and emerging as one of the top half-dozen quarterbacks in the NFL.

And the most significant specific outcome of that chain of events is that right now we're the best young team in the NFL - we're primed for a deep playoff run and quite possibly a Super Bowl in the year 2024. Just 2 years after that catastrophic 13-10 debacle.

Make that trade with Denver in 22, how many of those specific circumstances actually happen going into the 2022 pre-season? None. And without those circumstances in place, how many of the events over the next 2 years play out the same way? None, really.

And if none of those key circumstances develop the same way that they did in real life, how likely is it that we would have arrived at this set of outcomes - strongest young team in the league, one of the top 5 or 6 quarterbacks, legitimate Lombardi contender?

Hard to say, because it's purely speculation, but there are a number of reasons to believe this might not have happened.

In that alternate universe, the first event that is different is that Rodgers is traded before the 22 draft. That means the draft won't be the same - might get some of the same players, but not all of them, and the draft picks we would have gottten from Denver would have changed our whole draft strategy. So that's one thing that will be different. Will the draft turn out better for us - or worse?

Or roughly comparable?

Who can know? You only need to change a small number of picks to dramatically change the course of an entire draft.

Second thing that happens is probably the big one - Love steps up as the starter after just 2 seasons of apprenticeship, rather than 3.

It's safe to say that he probably wouldn't have been quite as polished in Year 3 as he was in Year 4, and while I now believe he would still be a very good quarterback, I doubt we'd have seen the same level of excellence in his first year as a starter as we did in 23. Even if for no other reason than that he woudn't have had those tremendous young receivers from the 23 draft.

Which is the next big difference between Real Life and the Alternate Universe - the 2023 draft that really loaded the team for our window would have been very different. Again, probably still good, but the odds of it being the huge grand slam that it was seem slim.

Long story short, when we held onto Rodgers in the 2022 offseason, a lot of us (and yeah, me included) melted down and said "whoopeee, 1970s and 80s here we come again!!!"

Jim del Gaizo. Randy Johnson, Jerry Tagge, Carlos Brown, Don Milan.... Randy Wright, Rich Campbell, David Whitehurst, Blair Kiel... Alan Risher, Jack Concannon, Scott Hunter, and AFD - Anthony Freaking Dilweg. I looked back at our past, and I saw our future. I honestly did not have high expectations of Rodgers at that point, and while I didn't expect to spend 15 years marooned on Planet Dilweg with no hope of rescue, I figured there was a a pretty decent chance that we'd have a 4-8 year period where we had a revolving door for mediocre quarterbacks, and the Bears would be the ones laughing and pointing at us.

The only time in my life that I was ever happier to be wrong about something was when my wife finally told me we were getting married because she was sick of waiting for me to figure out that yeah, it actually was what she had in mind all the time.

Point is, this whole thing has turned out incredibly differently than what seemed possible (maybe even likely) just 24 months ago. There is no other team in the league that I would trade places with right now, or trade futures. It's almost impossible to imagine how we could be in any better position than we are going into 24.

And if we had done what so many of us wanted and moved Rodgers to the Broncos 2 years ago, we would be in a very different place than we are now, and it's quite possible it wouldn't be as good a place as it is.

Last edited:

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm blaming the national media for suddenly going gaga over his crazy good TD/Int ratio. I still believe Rodgers made that his ticket to a lasting legacy of all time greatness. Just my take.
I think you're on to something there.

The way I put it is that I lost a lot of faith in Rodgers when he reached a point where every single time a pass play failed, he'd stand there with his fists on his hips, glaring at the receiver, and mentally calculating the change in his ifetime quarterback rating.

I mean, jesus, dude - read the situation! Sometimes it's more important to take a risk in order to make a play happen than it is to keep your season interception total down in the single digits. Not every single thing in the entire world depends on proving that you're better than Favre, does it?

That's one of the things I love the most about Love. The guy seems to have learned the most important lessons form both of his predecessors - the importance of protecting the ball, but also balancing that priority with the importance of making a key play at a key moment, and taking a chance to squeeze the damned ball in there. Throwing a pass on 3rd and 5 that you would never risk on 2nd and 5, because the game situation calls for it in order to give your team a chance to win.

Rodgers never seemed to understand that at all (or if he did, he didn't seem to give a damn), and Love already seems to completely get it and incorporate it into his game. That's probably the single biggest reason that I truly believe Love is going to be a better quarterback than Rodgers when his career is over and we compare the two. Love doesn't seem to have the chip on his shoulder that Rodgers did/does, or the massive ego that goes with it.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder now if that actually would have been a better outcome, or if this really did work out for the best.

Hanging onto Rodgers one more season created a specific set of circumstances that set into motion a specific chain of events that (in turn) led to a specific set of outcomes - beginning with a a very good 2022 draft, another year of development for Jordan Love, that phenomenal 2023 draft where Gute hit a home run on practically every one of the 13 picks we had, and Jordan Love popping out of his cocoon and emerging as one of the top half-dozen quarterbacks in the NFL.

And the most significant specific outcome of that chain of events is that right now we're the best young team in the NFL - we're primed for a deep playoff run and quite possibly a Super Bowl in the year 2024. Just 2 years after that catastrophic 13-10 debacle.

Make that trade with Denver in 22, how many of those specific circumstances actually happen going into the 2022 pre-season? None. And without those circumstances in place, how many of the events over the next 2 years play out the same way? None, really.

And if none of those key circumstances develop the same way that they did in real life, how likely is it that we would have arrived at this set of outcomes - strongest young team in the league, one of the top 5 or 6 quarterbacks, legitimate Lombardi contender?

Hard to say, because it's purely speculation, but there are a number of reasons to believe this might not have happened.

In that alternate universe, the first event that is different is that Rodgers is traded before the 22 draft. That means the draft won't be the same - might get some of the same players, but not all of them, and the draft picks we would have gottten from Denver would have changed our whole draft strategy. So that's one thing that will be different. Will the draft turn out better for us - or worse?

Or roughly comparable?

Who can know? You only need to change a small number of picks to dramatically change the course of an entire draft.

Second thing that happens is probably the big one - Love steps up as the starter after just 2 seasons of apprenticeship, rather than 3.

It's safe to say that he probably wouldn't have been quite as polished in Year 3 as he was in Year 4, and while I now believe he would still be a very good quarterback, I doubt we'd have seen the same level of excellence in his first year as a starter as we did in 23. Even if for no other reason than that he woudn't have had those tremendous young receivers from the 23 draft.

Which is the next big difference between Real Life and the Alternate Universe - the 2023 draft that really loaded the team for our window would have been very different. Again, probably still good, but the odds of it being the huge grand slam that it was seem slim.

Long story short, when we held onto Rodgers in the 2022 offseason, a lot of us (and yeah, me included) melted down and said "whoopeee, 1970s and 80s here we come again!!!"

Jim del Gaizo. Randy Johnson, Jerry Tagge, Carlos Brown, Don Milan.... Randy Wright, Rich Campbell, David Whitehurst, Blair Kiel... Alan Risher, Jack Concannon, Scott Hunter, and AFD - Anthony Freaking Dilweg. I looked back at our past, and I saw our future. I honestly did not have high expectations of Rodgers at that point, and while I didn't expect to spend 15 years marooned on Planet Dilweg with no hope of rescue, I figured there was a a pretty decent chance that we'd have a 4-8 year period where we had a revolving door for mediocre quarterbacks, and the Bears would be the ones laughing and pointing at us.

The only time in my life that I was ever happier to be wrong about something was when my wife finally told me we were getting married because she was sick of waiting for me to figure out that yeah, it actually was what she had in mind all the time.

Point is, this whole thing has turned out incredibly differently than what seemed possible (maybe even likely) just 24 months ago. There is no other team in the league that I would trade places with right now, or trade futures. It's almost impossible to imagine how we could be in any better position than we are going into 24.

And if we had done what so many of us wanted and moved Rodgers to the Broncos 2 years ago, we would be in a very different place than we are now, and it's quite possible it wouldn't be as good a place as it is.
Lol, my entire takeaway from this post is that you really didn't have much faith in Gutekunst, his team of scouts, and Jordan Love.
A non-believer of sorts. You had plenty of company on that wagon.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

The way I put it is that I lost a lot of faith in Rodgers when he reached a point where every single time a pass play failed, he'd stand there with his fists on his hips, glaring at the receiver, and mentally calculating the change in his ifetime quarterback rating.

I mean, jesus, dude - read the situation! Sometimes it's more important to take a risk in order to make a play happen than it is to keep your season interception total down in the single digits. Not every single thing in the entire world depends on proving that you're better than Favre, does it?

That's one of the things I love the most about Love. The guy seems to have learned the most important lessons form both of his predecessors - the importance of protecting the ball, but also balancing that priority with the importance of making a key play at a key moment, and taking a chance to squeeze the damned ball in there. Throwing a pass on 3rd and 5 that you would never risk on 2nd and 5, because the game situation calls for it in order to give your team a chance to win.

Rodgers never seemed to understand that at all (or if he did, he didn't seem to give a damn), and Love already seems to completely get it and incorporate it into his game. That's probably the single biggest reason that I truly believe Love is going to be a better quarterback than Rodgers when his career is over and we compare the two. Love doesn't seem to have the chip on his shoulder that Rodgers did/does, or the massive ego that goes with it.
Rodgers wasn't always like that imo. He changed over the years. Love will probably change also over the coming years. Let's just hope the changes are positive. I like him. I like his demeanor and persona but fortune and fame has a way of doing things to people. It's an age old story that keeps repeating itself.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers wasn't always like that imo. He changed over the years. Love will probably change also over the coming years. Let's just hope the changes are positive. I like him. I like his demeanor and persona but fortune and fame has a way of doing things to people. It's an age old story that keeps repeating itself.

I do agree and suspect who Love is now is not who he will be in six years after money and fame hopefully...BUT the one thing I will say that Love has that Rodgers doesn't is a firm family relationship and what appears to be a devoted romantic relationship and has somekind of a relationship with God (I know folks chill some of you). Those are three things Rodgers simply and sadly didn't have - I still remember when we drafted him the oddly distant and almost not part of the family thing was a flag for me but not one that concerned me at the time enough to care.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

AR truly was an amazing guy while in GB. I can't think of any other QB who continually gets blasted for his protecting the ball with his conservative passing style while simultaneously is roasted for trying to play hero ball and throwing deep into coverage instead of taking the check down. IMO it is the 8th wonder of the world that GB ever won a game with him as their QB.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just going to point out that ARod is not done yet. The Jets could be so good it's almost scary. That Defense is amazing. And I imagine they'll be getting some O line help.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
FA signings can't come soon enough.
Lol, then things will really get goofy in here with ........... We need to sign this guy right now! ........ Gute needs to quit being a tight *** and bring these 3 guys in yesterday! ...... Wth is our stupid, lazy GM waiting for????? ......... We are the embarrassment of the NFL not signing these crazy good players!!!