Bijan

Reaction score
Now that
Thanks for the insight, I don't follow the college game that much. This is the time of year I try to get acquainted with the big names and certainly Bijan is one of them. I agree, that prioritizing the Oline, though not ****, can get us where we want to go as well running the ball. I just don't think Dillon is the long term solution - and Jones likely gets shifted into more 3rd down work at some point.
You did mention 2 Day 1’s. If we were guaranteed Bijan at #15 and package traded up for Darnell Wright in the 30’s.
I’d be down for that combo!

(That would give us a #13 to still use)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

What ya'all are missing is Bijan is a great receiver as well. He isn't JSN here, but he is closer than some WRs that will be going in the 2nd round. Many of you wouldn't bat an eye if we took a WR at #15.

Robinson seems to be a very good receiver for a running back but I believe it's unrealistic to expect him to be as productive in that role as some WRs that are considered to be selected in the second round of this year's draft.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robinson is good but I would rather roll the dice on later round picks at running back the success rate across the league is high Green Bay has had success. Robinson would be a foolish pick imo in the First round with other needs. Plus Aaron jones told me two nights ago he says unless something changes he is in Green Bay the next two years

Reaction score
Robinson is good but I would rather roll the dice on later round picks at running back the success rate across the league is high Green Bay has had success. Robinson would be a foolish pick imo in the First round with other needs. Plus Aaron jones told me two nights ago he says unless something changes he is in Green Bay the next two years
I agree with not wanting to overlap too much at RB that makes sense. Also RB seems to be a position that can often get near immediate results. Thus waiting until we know it’s a primary or secondary position need is very plausible. I could absolutely see one starting in round 4, particularly if we acquire a Day 3 Jets draft selection trade this season. Which I still think is very possible

Last edited:

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely I agree with that there is plenty of 7th 5th rounders to take a flier in later rounds. With jones on the roster we don’t need another running back taking away touches for jones he already doesn’t get enough he told me he gotta keep his legs fresh and that’s what Dillon is for lol
Green Bay needs some weapons for love I would like JSN but unless they trade up he will be gone. I personally think Green Bay goes to the trenches and takes a OT or EDGE they love those guys from what I’m hearing

Reaction score
Absolutely I agree with that there is plenty of 7th 5th rounders to take a flier in later rounds. With jones on the roster we don’t need another running back taking away touches for jones he already doesn’t get enough he told me he gotta keep his legs fresh and that’s what Dillon is for lol
Green Bay needs some weapons for love I would like JSN but unless they trade up he will be gone. I personally think Green Bay goes to the trenches and takes a OT or EDGE they love those guys from what I’m hearing
Whatever happened to Kylin. Did he get kidnapped or something. Did he just not heal up?

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t have the exact reason why just my best educated guess I could ask Aaron tho if u wanna know lol

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a thread on why they let him go. He fell to them in the 7th because of red flags and it turned out those concerns by other teams were accurate.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(That would give
Plus Aaron jones told me two nights ago he says unless something changes he is in Green Bay the next two years

Jones is most likely correct about that especially since he took a pay cut not a restructure to stay in GB for 2023.

However, the reason to take Robinson is only if your confident hea gonna be a lot better than Jones. Jones is a very good player...he is not a blue chip player, Robinson is

Reaction score
I am not big on drafting a running back in this draft, but I honestly would at least consider it if I were Gutey and he is available with our first-round draft pick, even though I probably wouldn't make the pick. However, if we didn't have so many needs other than rb, I probably would pick him.

With that being said, if we did pick him, I wouldn't be upset. This would be the only pick not used on a position of need with a high to mid round draft pick that wouldn't upset me.

This is because he is projected to be a generational talent, maybe even a future HOF player? certainly a superstar at the very least. Imagine how dominant our run game would be if we had him. We'd also be set at running back #1 for the next 10 years, and the running back position as a whole long-term if we resign Dillon.

Last edited:

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(That would give

Jones is most likely correct about that especially since he took a pay cut not a restructure to stay in GB for 2023.

However, the reason to take Robinson is only if your confident hea gonna be a lot better than Jones. Jones is a very good player...he is not a blue chip player, Robinson is
Jones is a proven talent. I’m sure Robinson is good but why tf would you wanna take a player that doesn’t make them any better. They need a receiver te lineman edge safety. Before considering drafting a 3rd string running back… just makes zero sense.. but then again that’s Probly what the front office would wanna do…

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones is a proven talent. I’m sure Robinson is good but why tf would you wanna take a player that doesn’t make them any better. They need a receiver te lineman edge safety. Before considering drafting a 3rd string running back… just makes zero sense.. but then again that’s Probly what the front office would wanna do…

I mean, then you can say that about any very good veteran. So what? Just trade all your draft picks for established vets...

Im not saying they should go into the draft targeting him. Im saying if the scenario presents itself in which he is the best player available and they think hes a generational talent...they shouldn't pass him up because they have Jones for 2 more years

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean, then you can say that about any very good veteran. So what? Just trade all your draft picks for established vets...

Im not saying they should go into the draft targeting him. Im saying if the scenario presents itself in which he is the best player available and they think hes a generational talent...they shouldn't pass him up because they have Jones for 2 more years
I understand your logic yes but the same could be said about any player high up the draft board it’s full of unknowns but I would rather take someone else if he is good then great I won’t be mad about it in a few years if they drafted him and jones is gone. But If the salary cap is workable I would rather send the draft picks for established players id be okay trading a second rounder for Hopkins right now easily with a contract ext

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
id be okay trading a second rounder for Hopkins right now easily with a contract ext

I think the Packers should have been doing a lot more of this when they had Favre and Rodgers...Moss, Lynch, Gonzalez...but they just haven't for whatever reason

Maybe that will change during the Love era but Im not holding my breath. I don't think youd have to give up a 2nd for Hopkins. I dont think anyone gonna offer that but yeah I get your point. Id entertain a trade for Hopkins for sure

D

Deleted member 6794

Teams don't need a generational talent at running back to win in the NFL. Mostly it hasn't worked out once they selected one early in the first round or signed one to a lucrative deal in free agency.

Imagine how dominant our run game would be if we had him. We'd also be set at running back #1 for the next 10 years, and the running back position as a whole long-term if we resign Dillon.

There's no way the Packers would re-sign Dillon if they end up drafting Robinson.

But If the salary cap is workable I would rather send the draft picks for established players id be okay trading a second rounder for Hopkins right now easily with a contract ext

Teams need productive players on rookie deals to be successful.

As @thequick12 correctly pointed out I would have liked the Packers to be more aggressive in acquiring veterans like Hopkins in the past with Favre and Rodgers around now is not the time to make moves like that.

Reaction score
There's no way the Packers would re-sign Dillon if they end up drafting Robinson.
Do you think Dillon is in our long-term plans? Aaron Jones is probably not going to play for us too many more years. His contract is going to be a major cap hit at some point, and he will turn 30 next year, which is basically the equivalent to turning 40 if you are not a running back.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not sure if this question is for everyone or just WIMM, but I will risk being the squeaky wheel and give my opinion. Jones for 2 more seasons. I have lost confidence in Dillon ever being a lead back. Take a RB in the 7th this year and if nothing changes with Dillon a 3rd or 4th round investment in 2024 will probably be necessary. IMO.

Reaction score
Our running game could improve substantially by finding a significant upgrade at OL. Not to mention the Run and Pass success are inextricably intertwined. I’d rather have a Blue Chip OT paired with our current group than to add another RB and possibly keep struggling with finding a good starting OL lineup

My opinion might change next season though as 2024 might be the time to make a move at RB.

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our running game could improve substantially by finding a significant upgrade at OL. Not to mention the Run and Pass success are inextricably intertwined. I’d rather have a Blue Chip OT paired with our current group than to add another RB and possibly keep struggling with finding a good starting OL lineup

My opinion might change next season though as 2024 might be the time to make a move at RB.

I would like to have a blue chip OT as well at #15...I just dont know that one is going to be there. I see 3 or 4 going before that pick, one being the Jets at #13. Which is why they are unwilling to give up that pick

In a scenario, where youve traded down to lets say #24 with the Jaguars. Bijan Robinson is sitting there as the clear best player available you think hes gonna be a blue chip perennial all pro type player. Do you take him?

D

Deleted member 6794

Do you think Dillon is in our long-term plans? Aaron Jones is probably not going to play for us too many more years. His contract is going to be a major cap hit at some point, and he will turn 30 next year, which is basically the equivalent to turning 40 if you are not a running back.

I think the Packers will keep Jones around for another two seasons based on the way his contract is currently structured. In that case I don't see them re-signing Dillon next offseason.

In a scenario, where youve traded down to lets say #24 with the Jaguars. Bijan Robinson is sitting there as the clear best player available you think hes gonna be a blue chip perennial all pro type player. Do you take him?

I would still prefer the Packers to use their first rounder on a different position.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would still prefer the Packers to use their first rounder on a different position.

Wow really, youd pick what you believe to be a lesser player just because youre that against taking a rb in the first round

Thats what they call shooting yourself in the foot

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The logic behind taking a RB in the first round right now for me is nearly as illogical as the Love pick was at the time....for the multiple reasons:

-First round value isn't there for running backs since it is arguably the most available with return positions in every single round
-We already have one bonafide starter (Top 10 or higher) guy, with another who outside of the first half of 2022 is also a bell cow type...

That said, like the Love pick, I'd understand the attraction and the positive to having Bijan here I just would never do it myself.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doubt we draft him - only because he will likely be gone by our pick at 15. He would be a fun piece for the puzzle. I would rather see us go OL or OLB with our top pick though. Would have a bigger impact long term.