Big Decision for the Vikings at QB

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rumor is that Kirk Cousins would like to play for the Vikings. That's not good. I don't think Cousins is the greatest QB but he'd be a clear upgrade over the trio of QB's they had in 2017.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/ind...sins_price_tag_likely.html#incart_river_index

Has Kirk cousins ever been the 2nd rated qb in qbr? Is a top 10 PFF rated qb? That is what keenum did which people seem to miss. He played really really well. If not there is no reason to for sure assume he would do better than what the Vikings had this year. I think looking at cousins history it us safe to assume the Vikings will have a step back at qb simply because it was very unlikely the Vikings were going to match what they got this year. Shurmur is moving on. Teams get more and more film.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has Kirk cousins ever been the 2nd rated qb in qbr? Is a top 10 PFF rated qb? That is what keenum did which people seem to miss.

You could make the same argument about Nick Foles after 2013. I'd rather have the guy who has played well over a number of years than a journeyman who had a career season for an OC (or HC) who has just left.

Personally, I hope the Vikings stick with Case Keenum. Because I think he will be crashing back to earth.

Edit - I don't pay any attention to ESPN's made up QB statistic.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You could make the same argument about Nick Foles after 2013. I'd rather have the guy who has played well over a number of years than a journeyman who had a career season for an OC (or HC) who has just left.

Personally, I hope the Vikings stick with Case Keenum. Because I think he will be crashing back to earth.

Edit - I don't pay any attention to ESPN's made up QB statistic.

I am not making an argument as to who will be better next year. I am arguing that cousins won't have a better season than keenum had this past year. Cousins isn't a top 10 qb and by pretty much every measure - qbr (2), qb rating (7), PFF (10), keenum was and he won a lot. I don't think he repeats those numbers. I also don't think cousins comes close either