Bears stud n duds

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All right I can officially stud the Cowboys and clown dud the Chargers.

Those of you Cowboys haters ... Man come on you can't seriously tell me you won't thank them for punching our playoff ticket today.

Only unfortunate news from today is it looks like a week from Monday night we have a must win game if we're to win the division and get a top seed.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are 41-15 vs the Bears since Brett Favre took over

LOL. talk about dominance.

I have some good friends of mine in Chicago now... i just LOVE giving them crap about this...

I also love giving Vikings fans crap too :)

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean it was a one score game against one of the worst NFL QB's. This season was all about SB or bust. Frankly, this isn't a SB caliber team.

I don't think any of us seriously believed this season was all about SB or bust. Nobody knew how MLF was going to work with Rodgers and it appears they have a good working relationship. For most of us winning the NFCN in the first year with a rookie HC is a good season. Anything more than that will be gravy. Plus this season can be a good building block for 2020 and beyond.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Pettine's bend don't break defense once again holds the lead when needed most. For once this unit is the one clutch part of this team

Duds: Bryan Bulaga being a whiff machine out there

Rodgers once again awful in the 4th quarter

At the end of the day I predicted a 24-13 win so the game went almost exactly according to plan.

BUT ...

If we have to come from behind in the 4th quarter at all in the playoffs, this offense looks incapable of doing that and doesn't play smart football. You don't EVER take a sack when you're in FG range.

I can only think of a couple of times when Bulaga goofed up. I thought the O line did a nice job and kept Mack relatively quiet. The run blocking today wasn't great tho.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can only think of a couple of times when Bulaga goofed up. I thought the O line did a nice job and kept Mack relatively quiet. The run blocking today wasn't great tho.
Excellent point. During the game I was going to do this:

Studs
Gute signed the Smiths for about what the Bears signed Mack for, and both may have played better than him. AND Gute didn't give up some picks.

Reaction score
Excellent point. During the game I was going to do this:

Studs
Gute signed the Smiths for about what the Bears signed Mack for, and both may have played better than him. AND Gute didn't give up some picks.
True that. The Bears still have a future 2020 first rounder they parted with for Mack. While he is an excellent player, Chicago has not paid for him in full yet with their draft pics. I’ll take both Smiths plus D Savage and Elgton Jenkins plus a 2020 first rounder. That’s essentially the trade exchange.
Not good for Chicago going forward.

H

HardRightEdge

I'll forgo the obvious and just say the secondary had about a half dozen decent shots at INTs and came up with just the one. They make a couple more and this could have been a blowout.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud:

Kenny Clark
Alexander
Lowry
Adams
O-line
D-line

Dud:

Blake Martinez
MVS and Allison
Graham
Offensive tempo
Offense urgency

This is not a top-level team. That said, I'll enjoy the ride.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn’t put the yards on Pettine today. Pressure was pretty good today and guys in the back were in position to make plays and they just didn’t. I’m not sure any of our DBs can catch outside of Tramon who is aging and Amos.

they played pretty well today overall, but they’re responsible for all the snaps they had to stay on the field for the most part.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams looks like he's finally healthy. He had good explosion coming out of his breaks.

Need to sit GMO and MVS. Go with Adams, Kumerow and Lazard.

Not enough touches for Jones again. He needs 15-20 carries a game and involved in the passing game.

Preston Smith was a dud today. He wasn't beating his man once on the pass rush.

Reaction score
Did anyone notice Rashan collapsing the pocket on several passing plays? On one play he Bull-rushed the OL all the way into Mitch and forced an errant throw. He did a nice job out there once again albeit limited snaps. I’d still love to see us line him up at LB while the Smith’s cover both ends. Then send send him on a full tilt power Blitz up any open Gap. He’d absolutely demolish any RB either running inside or pass blocking him.

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think any of us seriously believed this season was all about SB or bust. Nobody knew how MLF was going to work with Rodgers and it appears they have a good working relationship. For most of us winning the NFCN in the first year with a rookie HC is a good season. Anything more than that will be gravy. Plus this season can be a good building block for 2020 and beyond.

you know when I read that post I completely misunderstood. I thought packer brother was referring to the bears since they were “supposed” to be on the verge of going all the way behind the elite about that is mongoloid Mitchell tribisky. I agree, great season, but under a new HC I never expected this much for the season.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean it was a one score game against one of the worst NFL QB's. This season was all about SB or bust. Frankly, this isn't a SB caliber team.

Lol. When was this season SB or bust?

It started with a rebuilding team and a rookie HC where most everybody was predicting 8-8/9-7 and now we're sitting at 11-3, have the chance for a bye with an outside chance of HFA. How horrible. Also considering a rookie HC has never made a SB it kinda precludes SB or bust.

Was a little uglier then it probably should of been but I'm guessing a team like the 49ers would of loved to win ugly today

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out of the gate, no. But as the numbers pile up in the win column, those expectations rise.

Just so I'm clear..... So if they exceed your expectations and then you raise you're expectations because they surpassed your original thoughts it then makes sense to act like they underperformed from a level that you only think they should be at because they out performed the level you thought theyd be originally?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just so I'm clear..... So if they exceed your expectations and then you raise you're expectations because they surpassed your original thoughts it then makes sense to act like they underperformed from a level that you only think they should be at because they out performed the level you thought theyd be originally?

I'm not sure if this is brilliant or WTF:confused:;)