1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Are we going to bring in a WR?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by pyledriver80, Sep 5, 2006.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    lol, ive replied, in depth, about our WR situation. dont try and bait me. ur done, man. you got nothing. its over. this threads done for me.
  2. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    At least I know you and I will be rooting for the same team then Z2C. :lol:
  3. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Depth on the OL is also needed and we don't have any.
  4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ok, but nobody worth anything will be brought in. your jaw wont drop when someones brought in.
  5. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ah, C'mon Zero finally the wait for opening day is over and now you got me waiting for February for the lingerie bowl
  6. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The summary of the Last 2 years of GB Packer football
  7. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not saying the front office couldn't do a better job bringing guys in but people got to remember they can't just say we need a guy for this position or that position and get him(at least a quality one) there are 31 other teams all trying to fill the same holes. That being said when a guy does come availible that could help all the more important to not sit on hands and sign him.
  8. BoydAvery

BoydAvery Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Barring injury, TT will not bring in another WR.
  9. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree pyle and most know I liked what Green Bay did this off season especially on defense but depth is probably as big as a hole on the offensive line as a starter is. We have nobody backing up rookie guards and two solid tackles.

I also hate having 4 WR's. One of the TE's have to go. Let go of Lee or Martin and sign a WR. Hopefully that get's done but it's getting closer to gameday and I'm starting to see it won't happen. So far I'm not happy with how Green Bay ran the waiver wire. At least we grabed Robert Thomas last year and he ended up starting Week 1.
  10. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Your sold on Humphrey I see, Porky. I haven't seen enough of him to have any real opinion. I HAVE seen enough of Martin however. They just let him go. I keep expecting GB to sign another WR any day now but itlooks like it's not going to happen. Barring any injuries we should be able to get through week 1 and maybe TT can get 1 from whatever fodder remains.
  11. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like Humphrey by default. He's been working at FB as well from what I heard on the radio. He's a better blocker than Lee and Martin and that means something heading into this season.

Lee hasn't impressed me at all. He has bad hands and that's something we don't need. Martin is the most inconsistent player on this team outside of Fergy.
  12. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Careful, 4Pack... The resident TT Cheerleading Team might toss you in with the rest of us Packer-Hating TT Bashing lot... Some of these guys seem to think that any negative comment about TT should warrant capital punishment. :roll:

BTW: Is that your picture in your avatar? Because if it is, I think even these guys would grant you a stay of execution! ;)
  13. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Why are you bringing up my name for no reason? I didnt say anything to her about that....4 pages ago. why do that? Oh, to continue your banter? cmon now.
  14. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL - Anubis never brought up your name. He brought up "The resident TT Cheerleading Team"

Now thats almost as funny as the link from 2004 you posted earlier!
  15. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Seems Watts has visits with the Bears and Seahawks set up
  16. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL!!!

My god... What a tool. :lol:
  17. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    LOL. Ya got me!

see ya friday, Anubis.
  18. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  19. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What about Watts? I have read that he is very fast, runs good routes, and gets open. I also read that he has a case of the drops. Especially after a Raider game where he dropped a winning TD. Maybe a change of scenery would do him good.

Anyone know anything about him?
  20. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31 / 1 / -0
    Packers are trying to pick up corey Bradford or Bill Schroder.
  21. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Imagine sweet little 4packgirl with TT in a headlock and TT begging for mercy lol. Sorry, I will stop now, I just couldn't resist !!!
  22. TomAllen

TomAllen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All I know is TT is making Ron Wolf look like Norman Einstein!
  23. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This question(and most others on this forum) is somewhat flawed in that many on this forum seem to believe that GB could somehow actually be a contender and/or significantly improved from last year. I am sorry to say that this line of thinking could best be described as wishful.

If it were true that this team had a legitimate chance the 5-6 WR positions, experience on the OL, etc. would all be legitimate questions to debate. The sad reality is that the Packers are in a state of decline/rebuilding(not due to any of the actions or inactions of TT, but rather an NFL system designed to shorten the shelf lives of elite teams;salary cap issues; failed FA signings and Draft choices over the past 5-6 years; and, lack of luck).

Any moves made to bring in people either earlier in free agency or now through the rest of the season will have little or no impact on the success of this team - unless you consider 6-7 wins being alot better then 3-4(unless of course the free agent signings were Terrell Owens and E. James).

The reality is the Packers are and have been for the past three or four years in decline. The crap hit the fan last year when the only impact player on the team was Favre(due to injury to Walker and injury/decline of Green), and it appears to be much the same this year.

TT has invested much in accumulating draft choices the past 2 years, why not see what they are made of and develop them by playing and experiencing rather than sitting behind some midlevel stiff for a year or two?
  24. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Looks like chicago is looking at Rod Gardner off of our practice squad. theres one less option
  25. TomAllen

TomAllen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They can have him.