Anthony Hargrove's statement on NFL's evidence

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ce-in-bounty-video?module=HP11_headline_stack

(sorry in advance if this was already posted, I didn't see it on the other forums.. re-direct if needed)

Someone shed some light on this topic for me, as far as how much further the legal proceedings can go and how much power the defendants (players and coaches) have on their side. Is Goodell the "evil emperor" in that all final authority goes through him, or can this actually reach a court of law?

Why are the players so vehemently defending themselves when the coaches don't seem very eager to plead their case? And why would the NFL, a large organization with an overwhelming amount of reputation on the line be "lying" about any of their evidence? My head is really swirling with all of this.

On the one hand I would love to believe the players, as Anthony Hargrove in the above posted link seems pretty sincere.. but at what cost would the NFL want to risk their reputation without having substantial proof? It boggles my mind. Which side are you on?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints owner is a spitfire and hasn't said much of anything. To me that supports the nfls claim.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hadn't really paid close attention to this thing with Hargrove, assuming that the NFL must have a bunch of evidence against him to be suspending him 8 games.

From looking at recent posts on ProFootballTalk.com, and more specifically from watching the video "evidence" against Hargrove, there is no way to say for certain who spoke the words "Give me my money". More to the point, the most logical explanation is that the player uttering that phrase was Remi Ayodele who had just participated in the "high-low hit" that knocked Favre out of the game (along with Bobby McCray).

This post also suggests that this may be the only "solid" evidence the NFL has against Hargrove...

"The flaw could be fatal to the league’s case against Hargrove, if/when the NFLPA files litigation advancing theories that allow a judge to get to the merits of the case. The 16 exhibits produced by the NFL contain no mention or suggestion or hint of Hargrove paying money in, taking money out, or otherwise being aware of the bounty program. The only way the league can prove that Hargrove knew about the bounty program and that he in turn lied to investigators is to prove that Hargrove and no one else said, “Give me my money.”​
Pretty interesting stuff. I'm not sure what we can expect from Hargrove this year, but it certainly does seem like the NFL jumped the gun on this thing, and is digging themselves in deeper by continuing to say that it is Hargrove's voice in that clip.​

Stevie DK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hargrove was suspended for lying, but why not suspend the hole D, I remember numerous players saying there wasn't any bounty program (Harper, Sharper and Porter) comes to my mind, that in my mind is lying too, they knew about it!.

I'm not trying to defend Hargrove, but to me this seem's like the Commisioner just pick'd a player, to be kind of a scapegoat.