ALL recent another head coach options merged-- preMM firing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for the OP, to do what exactly? Make the playoffs? That's still possible. Win a championship? There's a shortfall in talent because of a series of poor draft yields.

Also coaching, don't forget coaching holding the team back.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree that AR has regressed some I don't believe age regression will affect his game as it will other QBs as his game is based off accuracy, intellect, and mobility/escapability.

Most of the past few TT drafts were awful, YET..

They yielded Clark, Martinez, Adams, Jones and Williams

Haha is debateable but hes more of a Darren Sharper type player and badly missed having a guy like Burnett who could lead and direct secondary assignments.

Hyde, Heyward, Shields, and it appears even Randall now are having success outside of GB

Shields is nitpicking but I always would have loved to give him a chance after be took the year off basically due to concussions

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was, and still am, hopeful the team will trade a first round pick for Belichick. I would love to see Rodgers on a team with a great coach.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers playing doesn't improve the talent level on defense though.

Of course he does! Uhmmm...by practicing against them he makes them better? By throwing so few INTs he puts them on the field less? Give me a few, I'll think of something...

D

Deleted member 6794

I was, and still am, hopeful the team will trade a first round pick for Belichick. I would love to see Rodgers on a team with a great coach.

There's a bigger chance the Patriots will trade for Rodgers after Brady retired than Belichick ending up in Green Bay.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course he does! Uhmmm...by practicing against them he makes them better? By throwing so few INTs he puts them on the field less? Give me a few, I'll think of something...

The problem with practicing against our D is that MM's offensive scheme's are so TERRIBLE

And it shows when you watch

Unless they're running 100% scout team offense against the D in practice with AR throwing

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

There's a bigger chance the Patriots will trade for Rodgers after Brady retired than Belichick ending up in Green Bay.

Captain, once again, You took the words right out of my mouth! A move that would land Rodgers on a team with a great coach.

D

Deleted member 6794

The defense benefits from not being on the field more often by having Rodgers as their starting quarterback but the talent level doesn't improve because of it.

Riley82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think IF mccarthy gets fired Pettine has a chance to get the job (i think if he is given time he can fix the defence)
I could also see Lincoln Riley as the next coach or De fillipo (i think that is his name) I can see Mccarthy as the next browns coach.

H

HardRightEdge

it's talent. ted's drafting the last few years have left the self bare. impact free agency under ted was nonexistent.
You do wonder if the carping about the coaching is from Thompson dead-enders. :whistling: And you also wonder how many Thompson dead-enders were also Favre dead-enders. :eek:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about neither? If not for a completely bogus roughing call against the Vikings and an incredibly stupid play by Mongomery, there's a very high probability we would be 5-2 right now. Sometimes record doesn't reflect how good a team actually is.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about neither? If not for a completely bogus roughing call against the Vikings and an incredibly stupid play by Mongomery, there's a very high probability we would be 5-2 right now. Sometimes record doesn't reflect how good a team actually is.

While I would agree with you, the old saying goes and I tend to agree " you are what your record is"... Again it is subjective but I think that is the case for me.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
While I would agree with you, the old saying goes and I tend to agree " you are what your record is"... Again it is subjective but I think that is the case for me.
What was our record at this stage in 2010?

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the 2015 draft was a disaster obviously...

Jake Ryan is "ok"

The 2014 class was fine with HaHa, Davante Adams, Linsley, Goodson(ok for depth)

The 2016 draft yielded Clark, Martinez, Lowry

Trevor Davis is a good return man and the OL depth, although not good was "something"

The 2017 draft I'm ok with as it yielded Kevin King, Josh Jones, Montravius Adams, Aaron Jones and Jamal Williams.

Other than 2015, and a lack of CONTRIBUTING FAs i see a coaching problem

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
As for the OP, to do what exactly? Make the playoffs? That's still possible. Win a championship? There's a shortfall in talent because of a series of poor draft yields.
I think we had a two year stretch of poor draft yields that were not adequately supplemented by free agent acquisitions. Overall though, the level of team speed on this roster is probably better now than at any time since the Super Bowl victory. The kids will have to develop quickly but I still think we have a shot at a championship run.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be happy if our QB was not 27th in accuracy, healthy, and stopped overthrowing, underthrowing or holding the ball too long, and having the clock run down until he has to call timeout. When he looks normal, we will be ok.

AR has missed more than usual... but there have also been A LOT of drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts