Aaron Rodgers is an Arrogant Jerk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6794

I can answer that with my opinion that we would have at least two more Super Bowl titles and set up to win more. Dorsey never would of failed us or let us down with the current state of the offense. He would of made SOME MOVES SOME PEOPLE WOULDN'T LIKE but we would be WINNING.

How many Super Bowls has Dorsey won after he left the Packers???

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The Browns are on the upswing though. Makes me wonder how we'd be doing if we would have hired John Dorsey.

Just my opinion but I'm thinking that it is one thing to fix a moribund organization that has absolutely nothing on the roster and become a hero ... as Dorsey did in KC and as conventional wisdom says he has in Cleveland. It's another thing altogether to get a team over the hump once you've lifted them into the top 20%.

I'm just saying that it'll be "leaps and bounds" improvement for Dorsey and the Browns until they're competing at the BIG BOY level. I'm not saying that he won't do that but let me hold up the Jags as an example. In one year, they went from the outhouse to the penthouse and then, well, back to the craphole.

Hey, I'm pulling for the Browns and all but remember that even Ron Wolf could only generate three 9-7 seasons at the outset with Holmgren. A slow steady building process and then tweeking to keep the Pack "competitive" in the decades following. It took high drafting and NO spending for years for the Browns to be where they're at now - which is probably why Dorsey went there, you know?

Reaction score
Keeping Thompson too long was the DEATH NAIL. I don't believe Thompson's current medical condition to be funny but I find it Hilarious there were so many people defending him and wanting to keep him the last few years when it was plain obvious he had lost his mind.

Yeah, and here's the best part, he's still on the Packers payroll.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
For all those Game of Thrones (GOT) fans!

Lord Rodgers: The true King in the North

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
How many Super Bowls has Dorsey won after he left the Packers???

He had Alex Smith and not Aaron Rodgers..Big difference.

The fact that the Packers have not won more Super Bowls with Aaron Rodgers is one of the biggest failures in all of professional sports.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Wut? If you think just changing a GM would lead to immediate SBs than you are just naive or.....

Even if we had hired John, we'd still need rebuilding time.

There are way too many possibilities to make that statement of yours any closer to reality.

Stop these over the top statements.

It's about as OVER THE TOP as saying Aaron Rodgers is the BEST EVER which I do believe.

If you believe that then none of that is OVER THE TOP and quite frankly becomes pretty obvious.

Also, Dorsey took both the Cheifs and Browns from Perennial LOSERS to WINNERS in ONE SEASON. I'd day the GM is pretty important.;)

The Packers legitimately received an F- GRADE the last years of Thompson meaning we never had a chance. Thompson literally created a 5 year window of Failure. The level of DENIAL around here is of epic proportions.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It's about as OVER THE TOP as saying Aaron Rodgers is the BEST EVER which I do believe.

If you believe that then none of that is OVER THE TOP and quite frankly becomes pretty obvious.

Also, Dorsey took both the Cheifs and Browns from Perennial LOSERS to WINNERS in ONE SEASON. I'd day the GM is pretty important.;)

The Packers legitimately received an F- GRADE the last years of Thompson meaning we never had a chance. Thompson literally created a 5 year window of Failure. The level of DENIAL around here is of epic proportions.

Just speaking for myself. I haven't seen a lot of posters in as big of a level of denial as you want to paint it. I realize by you painting a picture of everyone with their heads in the sand, it makes you look like you know what you are talking about.

I guess the same could be said about those like yourself, being over the top. People who think the sky has absolutely fallen. I actually think you have convinced yourself that the Packers are the worst franchise in the NFL or if you haven't, you are trying to.

No doubt Thompson's final years did not help the Packers, but neither did losing Rodgers for most of 2017, as well as Rodgers playing injured most of 2018. So yes, the Packers are in fix it mode, but I really don't think they are in as bad of shape as you want everyone to believe.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Just speaking for myself. I haven't seen a lot of posters in as big of a level of denial as you want to paint it. I realize by you painting a picture of everyone with their heads in the sand, it makes you look like you know what you are talking about.

I guess the same could be said about those like yourself, being over the top. People who think the sky has absolutely fallen. I actually think you have convinced yourself that the Packers are the worst franchise in the NFL or if you haven't, you are trying to.

No doubt Thompson's final years did not help the Packers, but neither did losing Rodgers for most of 2017, as well as Rodgers playing injured most of 2018. So yes, the Packers are in fix it mode, but I really don't think they are in as bad of shape as you want everyone to believe.

I am far from the only person having these thoughts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ys-rodgers-and-mccarthy-should-have-won-more/

I also hate being right about this stuff as I want the Packers to win as much as anybody but this was all predicted.

-From endless posts they needed to move on from Thompson back in 2015-2016 and if they didn't things WOULD GET WORSE.

- To endless posts in 2017-2018 that the offense was on the verge of struggling if they didn't get it help which they followed suit and didn't.

-To more posts in 2019 that the offense is now on the VERGE OF DISASTER.

Yet some people are calling my TAKES OVER THE TOP which is far fetched. Well see how it plays out.

H

HardRightEdge

The Browns are on the upswing though. Makes me wonder how we'd be doing if we would have hired John Dorsey.
Well, if Dorsey could have brought Cleveland's draft picks and cap space with him and got Rodgers to sign a rookie-scale contract we'd be in great shape.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said it when it happened.... backing into that Super Bowl win with Rogers cost us several more years with Thompson and McCarthy than we should have had to endure.
I’d never give back a Super Bowl. But without that win both TT and MM would have been shown the door much earlier anc the franchise would potentially be in better shape than it is now.
The NFL is supposedly a QB driven league, so if people genuinely believe Rodgers is THAT special.... then the results GB has achieved over his career means the organization itself is very very average at best.
We’ve got 3-4 years to put something together.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Well, if Dorsey could have brought Cleveland's draft picks and cap space with him and got Rodgers to sign a rookie-scale contract we'd be in great shape.

He did it in KC with paying Alex Smith. If what he is doing in Cleveland is SO EASY how come the Browns have 1 winning season in 20 years?

The Packers have had there chances with Rodgers under a reasonable contract for years and Thompson completely destroyed the whole thing and were still paying for it.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
People need to understand that there is a CUMULATIVE EFFECT with years of bad personnel moves. It is what forced the Packers to overspend in free agency on defense to try and stay relevant. You can look at each free agency move which was made to cover up the root of failure.

Adrian Amos- Failed 1st and 2nd round picks on Clinton-Dix and Josh Jones.

Za'Darius Smith- Failed contract with Nick Perry that turned out to be a disaster. Neglecting to find a replacement via the draft.

Preston Smith- Holding onto Clay Matthew's for too long and doing nothing to replace him other then a failed 4th round pick on Vince Biegel.

Billy Turner - Doing nothing to bolster the position other then drafting Cole Madison(with known personal problems)and using Jahari Evans as a stop gap in 2017.

You cant really point to just one of these failures as nothing is perfect but COLLECTIVELY they are KILLERS which has further stunted our development to get Rodgers the help he needs on offense.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers thinks he's God's gift to the Packers! Have you read his comments about how he's going to tell LaFleur just what needs to be done to get the Packers back on track? It's time Rodgers realized that he's not the owner of the team, nor is he the manager or the head coach!

Rodgers has other Packers players falling for his "Follow me" crap! Davante Adams was recently quoted as saying how he wants LeFleur to understand how ..."Aaron and I want to attack this season..." That's NOT THEIR JOB!!!

Their jobs are to listen to the coach and to do what he tells them to do. If they have a problem with those rules, then they need to look elsewhere for jobs!

Rodgers and Adams and lots of others on the Packers' team have gotten way too big for their britches! It's time LeFleur and the others in the front office told them just that!

With these big head attitudes, the Packers are going to have a losing season just like the last two! No one has a team attitude anymore! It's all me, me, ME!
You’re on to something. Last time I checked it took 22 starters and 41 backups to win games. Not one or two guys.

D

Deleted member 6794

The fact that the Packers have not won more Super Bowls with Aaron Rodgers is one of the biggest failures in all of professional sports.

I definitely agree with that.

I said it when it happened.... backing into that Super Bowl win with Rogers cost us several more years with Thompson and McCarthy than we should have had to endure.
I’d never give back a Super Bowl. But without that win both TT and MM would have been shown the door much earlier anc the franchise would potentially be in better shape than it is now.

The Packers held on to Thompson and McCarthy for too long but both of them did a great job for most of their respective tenure.

He did it in KC with paying Alex Smith. If what he is doing in Cleveland is SO EASY how come the Browns have 1 winning season in 20 years?

Once again, Dorsey has done a great job of turning around both the Chiefs and Browns but for whatever reason hasn't won a Super Bowl outside of Green Bay so far.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Well Rodgers has been at the helm since 2008 and he is going nowhere anytime soon and will retire as a Packers.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Either you don't really understand the argument or purposely conflating issues here.

If you only point was that Dorsey was better than TT, pretty much everyone agrees. And the fact that we should have been rid of TT 2-3 years before is also pretty much agreed by everyone in here.

But saying we'd have won more SBs if we'd hired Dorsey is a big leap of faith. We'd certainly be in a better position than we are today and that's the best we can extrapolate.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Either you don't really understand the argument or purposely conflating issues here.

If you only point was that Dorsey was better than TT, pretty much everyone agrees. And the fact that we should have been rid of TT 2-3 years before is also pretty much agreed by everyone in here.

But saying we'd have won more SBs if we'd hired Dorsey is a big leap of faith. We'd certainly be in a better position than we are today and that's the best we can extrapolate.

It's always tough to guarantee Super Bowls because there is some luck involved along the way but I find the denial that we should not have more rather alarming. We simply do not know for sure but with the way Dorsey builds a roster and how he would of surrounded Rodgers with talent makes me think we would of had to have a lot of BAD LUCK to not have 1-2 more championships.

To me it's a no-brainer that we would have more championships then we have now.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's always tough to guarantee Super Bowls because there is some luck involved along the way but I find the denial that we should not have more rather alarming. We simply do not know for sure but with the way Dorsey builds a roster and how he would of surrounded Rodgers with talent makes me think we would of had to have a lot of BAD LUCK to not have 1-2 more championships.

To me it's a no-brainer that we would have more championships then we have now.
i haven't seen anyone round here saying that one superbowl in the AR era is suitable. most people here, myself included, will agree that AR should have more rings.

but X-pack is correct in saying that we can't say we would have had more superbowls if we'd changed things earlier, but we can be reasonably sure that we would not be in as poor a state as we are

Status
Not open for further replies.