1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A.J. Edds (OLB, Iowa)

Discussion in '2010 Draft Archive' started by NYPacker, Feb 6, 2010.

1. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    If you guys thought Pat Angerer dominated against the pass for Iowa you're gonna want to read about A.J. Edds. A converted TE, Edds is a superb cover LB and great in terms of pass rush and run defense. He picked of FIVE, count 'em, FIVE passes last season. Although he is a bit hesitant in the blitz and doesn't show elite speed for a LB he is one of the many sleeper picks in the draft. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find his highlights but here is his pre-draft analysis:

A.J. Edds, Iowa, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
  2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    This is the guy I'm aiming to fix our ILB problems, specially in passing coverage.
  3. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Him and Pat Angerer made it a nightmare for Iowa opponents to pass over the middle. Although Angerer is the more natural ILB I believe that Edds can make and easily conversion to the middle. Getting both Edds and Angerer would be a dream come true for me. Imagine if the Packers generate a Iowa hawkeyes reunion with Bryan Bulaga, Kampman, Angerer and Edds.