2023 Division round at the SF

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It just really sucks to see a team that I despise even more than the Cowpokes, turn a sure defeat into an embarrassing win
The Lions and their fans have to be feeling it a lot worse than we did. Someone once said that Lions are the Lions. They had it. They blew it. And an actual decent shot at winning the SB.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
The Lions and their fans have to be feeling it a lot worse than we did. Someone once said that Lions are the Lions. They had it. They blew it. And an actual decent shot at winning the SB.
They had this game, I did root for them, but they learned that old lesson it’s not how you start but how you finish.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They had this game, I did root for them, but they learned that old lesson it’s not how you start but how you finish.
They need a new coach. This is as far as Campbell will ever take them unless he learns the value of a FG. They had a one year window while we were rebuilding. Sheriff is back in town.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to watch the superbowl. Nobody in my family will watch. I don't care about either team. Don't want to see 40 cut aways to Taylor Swift everything Kelce is mentioned.
Same. Hate the Niners. Hate Mahomes. No reason to watch. This will be the lowest rated SB in decades.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to watch the superbowl. Nobody in my family will watch. I don't care about either team. Don't want to see 40 cut aways to Taylor Swift everything Kelce is mentioned.
Same here..and..I don't care to hear about their valentines day plans..unless it involves a gun and a shovel!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Goff had a couple of very important passes dropped...Reynolds. Not kicking a field goal to go up 3 scores was beyond dumb. I don't like sf. But I don't want KC to get anywhere close to winning 3 in a row. KC's poor playing in the middle of the season was just a sideshow as they already had their division wrapped up. They made Baltimore look like the Ravens had no offensive game plan.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, that makes me feel a bit better about our game. At least we didn’t sh*t the bed that badly. (Though it does reinforce my belief that we should’ve won and would’ve had a great chance at the SB)

I guess I’ll be pulling for KC. They’re kind of starting to feel a bit like the “new Patriots,” but they’re my “local” team (closest thing to it) and have kinda been my second team I follow since before they were good, lol. And I’m sick of the media and everyone worshipping the ground SF walks on, even after having two consecutive playoff victories absolutely gifted to them.

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Niners were gifted last 2 wins...hoping Mahomes & Co. destroy them.
Very much agree...
I can't believe lions lost that game. Losing a halftime lead liked that reminded me of the falcons blowing that 28-0 lead vs patriots.
49rs had a lot of luck in this game starting early in the 3rd qtr when Purdy threw that long pass that should have been an INT but instead it's hits the lion defender in the face mask, and bounces up into the hands of the SF receiver. Are you kidding me!!!. Pure outright luck!!!
Between that ridiculous play and dropped passes with receivers wide open and other other things the lions killed themselves. Hard to fight luck, you have no control over that but geez make the catches that are catchable.
Its almost starting to look like the 49rs are going to have luck on their side all the way thru. Maybe it's suppose the be their year since they haven't won a SB since 1994. That's a long time....

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is a game of inches and discipline. The emotions and momentum have more effect than we sometimes realize. The mental toughness combined with the unselfish will to win is what made Lombardi teams so difficult to beat.
Exactly...
The NFL has changed quite a bit since the Lombardi era. There are so many more rules these days it's hard to keep track. Taunting, roughing the passer, blind side blocks etc, anyone of which can sink a team and turn momentum the other way.
That's why discipline becomes just as important these days as all the other factors that make a winning team. Studying film, running precise routes, knowing your role on defense, having the mental awareness of down and distance etc...all good stuff, but please leave you emotions at home.
You don't taunt, you don't hit a guy out of bounds etc...Be in control yourself when you are on the field. Don't be an idiot ..please..

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Goff had a couple of very important passes dropped...Reynolds. Not kicking a field goal to go up 3 scores was beyond dumb. I don't like sf. But I don't want KC to get anywhere close to winning 3 in a row. KC's poor playing in the middle of the season was just a sideshow as they already had their division wrapped up. They made Baltimore look like the Ravens had no offensive game plan.
Chris Jones has a penchant for wrecking offensive game plans. I wonder if Jerzhan Newton will end up being one of those game wreckers.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly...
The NFL has changed quite a bit since the Lombardi era. There are so many more rules these days it's hard to keep track. Taunting, roughing the passer, blind side blocks etc, anyone of which can sink a team and turn momentum the other way.
That's why discipline becomes just as important these days as all the other factors that make a winning team. Studying film, running precise routes, knowing your role on defense, having the mental awareness of down and distance etc...all good stuff, but please leave you emotions at home.
You don't taunt, you don't hit a guy out of bounds etc...Be in control yourself when you are on the field. Don't be an idiot ..please..
Can you imagine if the league had implemented the taunting rule prior to 1965? Butkus would have been pelted by flags all day long.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Niners were gifted last 2 wins...hoping Mahomes & Co. destroy them.
I felt the same last week and definitely this week. However, it just shows the importance of regular season games and getting homefield advantage. Comebacks aren't easy, especially on the road.

While I don't really care to debate about other teams, those crapping all over Dan Campbell and the Lions for choking/losing are hilarious. Being aggressive on offense is what got the Lions to the NFCCG. Whether I am a Lions fan or not (I'm not), I wouldn't use the hindsight of one game to piss all over Campbell and the Lions parade.

Last edited: