OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First Mock of Draft Season nfldraftnetwork

28 Chris Olave WR Ohio State 6-1 188
Should fit in next to Adams as the #2 right away very well...perhaps best route runner in the draft class, smooth nfl ready player

59 Phidarian Mathis IDL Alabama 6-4 317
Day 1 starter next to Kenny Clark, would really help take the Packers dline to the next level

92 Cam Taylor-Britt DB Nebraska 6-0 205
Core special teams player day one and possible canidate for the nickel or dime role

130 Gerrit Prince TE UAB 6-5 240
Another guy who should help on special teams immediately and has a chance to have a nice role on offense as pass catcher as well

139 Max Mitchell OT Louisiana 6-6 300
Could be in the mix at RT as a rookie opposite Bakh...very good pass blocker that could improve in the running game but is sufficient . Well suited athletically for the zone scheme

170 Jack Jones DB Arizona State 5-11 174
Bit of a slight build but hes a competitor...can play inside or out very athletic could have a chance as the 3 or 4 cb depending on whos back

225 Smoke Monday S Auburn 6-3 200
Another core special teamer immediately. Chance to develop into valuable backup/3rd safety in some packages, on defense. Has the skill set to cover tes

246 Nick Ford C Utah 6-5 315
Elton Jenkins lite...can play any position across the line. Nasty in the run game. Valuable backup

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few things on both posts here.

ENOUGH with the cornerbacks! We have other holes to fill...I think we can lay off CB for one draft!

I love Burks (Who I saw alot of, I think Pittman is a great coach/story and I've watched alot of Arkansas football the last couple years) and Dotson.

The IDL list is very impressive but I think we need DE more than DT. If any of these guys can translate and get Kenny Clark some help next to him I'm all for it, if not we need to draft DE.

I LOVE Hamilton, if he's there at 28 Gute would be brain damaged not to draft him...I don't think he'll be there.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ENOUGH with the cornerbacks! We have other holes to fill...I think we can lay off CB for one draft!

I love Burks (Who I saw alot of, I think Pittman is a great coach/story and I've watched alot of Arkansas football the last couple years) and Dotson.

The IDL list is very impressive but I think we need DE more than DT. If any of these guys can translate and get Kenny Clark some help next to him I'm all for it, if not we need to draft DE.

I LOVE Hamilton, if he's there at 28 Gute would be brain damaged not to draft him...I don't think he'll be there.

LOL...we literally have Stokes and a coming off injury Jaire, factor in we may face a tough decision of cap cutting Amos. Essentially GB currently has only 4 dependable game experienced Defensive Backs (not just corners but backs overall) on the roster signed for 2022.

If Hamilton is there at 28 you're right, but that would also mean about 25 other GMs were brain damaged before him LOL . I think Hamilton may be the best overall prospect in the draft in the sense of NFL ready right in this moment.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah were not getting hamilton but I included him on the list for the reason you mentioned

We certainly have a need at cb...you got alexander, stokes, and then shemar jean charles who hasnt proven a thing yet. I wouldnt be against taking a cb in first or 2nd round...if the right ine is available

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jaire is good, Stokes is good, but if you only have 2 DB's you don't have any DB's. If another one like either of those 2 is available vs mediocre whatever else, you take the guy that's going to be exceptional at DB every time.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jaire is good, Stokes is good, but if you only have 2 DB's you don't have any DB's. If another one like either of those 2 is available vs mediocre whatever else, you take the guy that's going to be exceptional at DB every time.

Yup, honestly aside from WR, CB or DBs as a whole is the next most depleted and depthless position we have currently on the 2022 signed roster.

ILB is another that presently is even in a worse state than WR which is NUTS

D

Deleted member 6794

Yup, honestly aside from WR, CB or DBs as a whole is the next most depleted and depthless position we have currently on the 2022 signed roster.

ILB is another that presently is even in a worse state than WR which is NUTS

Inside linebacker might be the position in most dire need of an upgrade at this point considering only McDuffie, Summers and Wilborn are currently under contract for next season. I fully expect Barnes to be back considering he's an ERFA though.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'd rather see an iDL to help Clark, but yeah, without Z, we're getting thin at DE/OLB.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Inside linebacker might be the position in most dire need of an upgrade at this point considering only McDuffie, Summers and Wilborn are currently under contract for next season. I fully expect Barnes to be back considering he's an ERFA though.

Im holding out hope that Campbell just really feels like he found a home in GB. I believe he resides in Minnesota in the off season...maybe just maybe he signs for something less than market value

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Gute is serious about signing Rodgers, he"ll have to shed so much talent that nearly every position group will be a poisition of need heading into the draft. I still think the IDL and OT, WR are the three biggest needs assuming that Turner will be a cap casualty in order to make space for Rodgers.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Gute is serious about signing Rodgers, he"ll have to shed so much talent that nearly every position group will be a poisition of need heading into the draft. I still think the IDL and OT, WR are the three biggest needs assuming that Turner will be a cap casualty in order to make space for Rodgers.

Turner most likely will not be released to make salary cap space because releasing him only saves about 3 m against the cap... he would account for about 6 m in dead cap

At that point to me it makes more sense to keep him as he has valuable versatility...still I believe OT is a big need heading into the draft. We assume Bakh will be back to health but after what happened last season, who knows...and an upgrade to Turner will hopefully be found

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me the needs are:
D/ DL-Edge-ILB-CB-S
O/WR-OT-TE
I refrain from ranking them in order until after more cuts are or aren't made.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me the needs are:
D/ DL-Edge-ILB-CB-S
O/WR-OT-TE
I refrain from ranking them in order until after more cuts are or aren't made.

Assume more cuts as well, presently I’ll just concur overall but go slightly deeper that “starters we need to find” below. Now this is not just through draft just before next year.

RT - with Turner gone it is safe to assume that Yosh is going to be tendered and he could be the answer, could be a cheap Dennis Kelly type or a rookie.

Outside WR#2 - MVS is gone, Lazard could be the guy or could be a high draft pick or outside shot could be a FA acquisition. Adams is tagged so assuming WR1 is taken.

ILB #2 - assume this is Barnes but again needs tendered so not assuming. Campbell will be here so we need his base pairing.

Punter - Bojo isn’t signed. Not an advocate of drafting.

CB3 - could be SJC or Ento amazes us all with growth to do this but doubtful.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with your top three needs - could be draft or FA IF they have any cap. I think the order is correct as well. Probably not a noticeable difference in GB between a WR drafted in rd 1 versus rd 2 - they won't get the ball until Rodgers trusts them and that takes time. Round 4 should be somewhere on the OL, preferably tackle with Turner gone and Bakh status unknown. I'm hoping Jenkins gets back sooner rather than later, same for Tonyan and that they can sign him.

Bottom line - it's just not gonna be as good a team as last year, at least on paper. The team will get stronger as the year progresses. Maybe it'll work out better if they aren't the top seed. Who knows?

Last edited:
OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#28 Christian Watson WR North Dakota St
#59 Phidarian Mathis IDL Alabama
#92 Rasheed Walker OT Penn St
#132 Brandon Smith LB Penn St
#140 Gerrit Prince TE UAB
#171 Jack Jones CB Arizona St
#228 Smoke Monday S Aunburn
#249 Nick Ford OL Utah

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm just going to piggy back on this thread to talk about guys who I think really stand out. Hope that's okay.

The first player who could realistically be available to Green Bay that has really stood out to me as a great option is Travis Jones, iDL, Connecticut.

Physical Profile:
Jones is a shade over 6'4" and weighed in at 325# at the combine. His wingspan (81.5", 80th%), arm length (34.25", 83rd%), and hand size (10.25", 73rd%) are all well above average. His 10 yard split (1.76, 40th%) is respectable given how big he is, while his forty (4.92, 88th%) is freaky at his size and would have received a lot more attention had Jordan Davis not stolen the show. The rest of his numbers are all good to great relative to his size: 29" vertical (46th%), 110" broad (77th%), 7.33 three cone (80th%), 4.58 shuttle (60th%). His closest athletic comp per mockdraftable is Muhammad Wilkerson. His overall RAS is 9.63; we've seen a lot of freaky RAS scores this offseason, but Jones is more legitimate than most in that we have the complete profile (i.e. he didn't skip drills where he might not perform as well).

Production: Despite playing for a lousy UConn team, Jones has been consistently productive, wracking up 18 TFL over the last three seasons (2018, 2019, and 2021-- UConn didn't play in 2020 I don't believe), which includes 8.5 sacks. These numbers are fairly evenly spread across the last three seasons, and are good results for a NT sized player who was surely getting the lion's share of the attention from opposing offensive lines. It's also an encouraging sign that he had a very young breakout age. CFB Stats also credits him with 7 QB hurries in 2021, for whatever that metric is worth. PFF said he was responsible for 25 total pressures and 21 stops in the run game last season. Furthermore, Jones was one of the stand-outs all week at Senior Bowl Practices.

Media Opinion: Consensus opinion of Jones has been rising recently based on his combine workout and Sr. Bowl performance. He is currently 40th overall for PFF and their #3 interior defensive lineman. Jeremiah has his ranked 39th and also 3rd behind the UGA guys. Zierlein doesn't stack his board up the same way, but he's his 4th highest graded interior defensive lineman (also behind Mathis which I think is a bad take to say the least).

Packer Projection: Jones may seem a little redundant to Clark and Slaton on the interior, and if one were to be picky I'm sure you could make the case for a different style of player on the interior, but I think he could play across the line. He is stout enough to play at the 0, shade, or 1. He is explosive enough to give you some help at 3T. And he is long enough to play the 5T or 4i. Furthermore, bigger, more powerful iDL who can two gap are coming back into vogue now that so many defenses are trying to play out of a 2 high shell all the time and defend the run with light boxes.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Dantés What do you think of Demarvin Leal? He to me of the arguably top 7-10 DL type guys compliment what we have with something we don't have (Lowry closest). I truly like how Leal or Karlaftis (should he fall) gives us something we don't quite have.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
@Dantés What do you think of Demarvin Leal? He to me of the arguably top 7-10 DL type guys compliment what we have with something we don't have (Lowry closest). I truly like how Leal or Karlaftis (should he fall) gives us something we don't quite have.

Haven't looked into him yet.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
One more for now: Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan

Physical Profile:
Moore is not a "Packers type" in this regard. He's a hair under 5'10" (though a pretty thick 195#) and his RAS is a 6.86 (due mostly to poor agilities-- more on that in a second). But he does have some legit juice that shows up in testing. His 4.41 forty is obviously plenty fast enough, but his burst is elite. His official 10 yard split is 1.46, but a scout told Dane Brugler that he hand-timed it at 1.38. As far as the agilities go, there has been a weird trend in recent years, with fewer and fewer receivers doing those drills or performing poorly in them year over year. For instance, Jerry Jeudy, who is extremely agile and an excellent route runner, was in the 3rd % among receivers in the short shuttle. So something fishy is going on there and I'm not putting much weight in those outcomes. One other note here-- despite being a smaller guy, Moore's hands are huge (10.25").

Production: As you'd want to see in a player from the MAC, Moore was dominant. 96/1293/10 in 12 games in 2021, 25/388/3 in 5 games in 2020, 51/802/3 in 13 games in 2019. This last season, his share of the production was crazy: 41% of the completions, 40% of the yardage, 43% of the touchdowns. The next highest numbers on the team after him were 46, 768, and 6 respectively. He is currently only 21 and broke out at age 18. Zierlein has noted that he has really good ball size (remember the hand size), and PFF credited him with an FBS leading 26 broken tackles last year (remember the size relative to height).

Media Opinion: The PFF crowd is certainly highest on him, ranking him 33rd overall and 6th among wide receivers. He is outside of Jeremiah's top 50. He's Zierlein's 10th WR.

Packer Projection: If they keep Cobb, already having Amari Rodgers, I doubt they would see Moore as a great fit. But I believe Moore could play inside and outside, as the slot, Z, or X. He's undersized to play on the LOS, but he's so explosive that I don't see press coverage being a big problem for him. In the offense, I would see him growing into a role as a chain mover and YAC weapon.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One more for now: Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan

Physical Profile:
Moore is not a "Packers type" in this regard. He's a hair under 5'10" (though a pretty thick 195#) and his RAS is a 6.86 (due mostly to poor agilities-- more on that in a second). But he does have some legit juice that shows up in testing. His 4.41 forty is obviously plenty fast enough, but his burst is elite. His official 10 yard split is 1.46, but a scout told Dane Brugler that he hand-timed it at 1.38. As far as the agilities go, there has been a weird trend in recent years, with fewer and fewer receivers doing those drills or performing poorly in them year over year. For instance, Jerry Jeudy, who is extremely agile and an excellent route runner, was in the 3rd % among receivers in the short shuttle. So something fishy is going on there and I'm not putting much weight in those outcomes. One other note here-- despite being a smaller guy, Moore's hands are huge (10.25").

Production: As you'd want to see in a player from the MAC, Moore was dominant. 96/1293/10 in 12 games in 2021, 25/388/3 in 5 games in 2020, 51/802/3 in 13 games in 2019. This last season, his share of the production was crazy: 41% of the completions, 40% of the yardage, 43% of the touchdowns. The next highest numbers on the team after him were 46, 768, and 6 respectively. He is currently only 21 and broke out at age 18. Zierlein has noted that he has really good ball size (remember the hand size), and PFF credited him with an FBS leading 26 broken tackles last year (remember the size relative to height).

Media Opinion: The PFF crowd is certainly highest on him, ranking him 33rd overall and 6th among wide receivers. He is outside of Jeremiah's top 50. He's Zierlein's 10th WR.

Packer Projection: If they keep Cobb, already having Amari Rodgers, I doubt they would see Moore as a great fit. But I believe Moore could play inside and outside, as the slot, Z, or X. He's undersized to play on the LOS, but he's so explosive that I don't see press coverage being a big problem for him. In the offense, I would see him growing into a role as a chain mover and YAC weapon.

Moore is for sure one of the quickest burst type WR in the whole draft. He can cover more ground in his first few steps than probably anyone - incredibly tough to guard as a defender.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State

Physical Profile:
Watson is a physical stud. He's just a shade over 6'4", came in at 208# at the combine, he's got fairly long arms, big hands, and he's super fast. Officially, his ran a 4.36 forty with a 1.46 10 yard. His jumps were also superb (38.5" vertical; 136" board). He did not do the agility drills.

Production: In 2021, Watson had 43/801/7 in 12 games; in 2020 (spring season) he had 19/442/1 in 10 games; in 2019 he had 34/732/6. It's important to realize that NDSU is a low volume passing attack by definition. His YPR in those three seasons was over 20 and he was the team's leading receiver in all three seasons. Drops have been an issue for him at times.

Media Opinion: He's #74 on PFF's big board and the 11th WR overall. He's unrated by Jeremiah. He's #9 among receivers for Zierlein.

Packer Projection: Watson is an ideal fit in a couple of different ways. With MVS expected to move on, Watson could immediately replace that role in the offense as a field stretching deep threat. He's got excellent long speed, and doesn't need a lot of strides to build up. But additionally, Watson is a nasty blocker who has had to play in the mess with a lot of condensed formations for NDSU. Not very many people are familiar with the Bison, but let me tell you-- if you're not physical, you don't play for them. I would consider Watson to be the perfect MVS replacement and a guy who fits hand in glove with LaFleur's offensive philosophy.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turner most likely will not be released to make salary cap space because releasing him only saves about 3 m against the cap... he would account for about 6 m in dead cap

At that point to me it makes more sense to keep him as he has valuable versatility...still I believe OT is a big need heading into the draft. We assume Bakh will be back to health but after what happened last season, who knows...and an upgrade to Turner will hopefully be found
Agreed. I was surprised they let him go, especially with Bakh's and Jenkins' return in question. Well, I hope not for Bakh, but Jenkins likely won't be ready for opening day.

Members online