16-0?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
As much as I'd like to say the Niner offense is very good, they're really kind of marginal right now. It's been kind of strange. Some games they're great in the RZ but have a hard time getting 1st downs and punt a lot. Other games like today, they move the ball down the field really well but go stale in the RZ. It's annoying!! We've got 6 more games to get the O together. We'll see what happens.
The defense is huge. The D is what's been keeping opponents scores low allowing the offense to score enough points to win. In fact I'll even say the Niner defense is, to use an over-used term, elite.

The ST's is usually lights out great but today was just one of those days. They stunk it up. :poop: happens.

Bring on the Ravens!

If you like FG's then the 49ers at Ravens is your game.:roflmao:

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you like FG's then the 49ers at Ravens is your game.:roflmao:

Ya know, it's really frustrating and embarrassing and just plain weird when I basically just ripped the Niner offense for not scoring any TD's in 6 opportunities in the first half, when Alex had another season high passing. He threw for 267 yds total and two TD's (both in the 3rd qtr).
OK, I know those QB stats aren't glorious but it is steady improvement and adds to a solid running game. If only our receivers were more reliable! Braylon Edwards dropped an easy catch in the endzone during the 1st half.
Earlier in the week I read on a Niner message board that Alex would've had 9 more additional TD passes over the course of the season if the receivers could only catch the ball! :mad: That'd be 23 TD's with only 4 INTs!!! :cry:
Lotsa room for improvement before the post-season. At least the plays are there.

And Jules, LOL, I'll have you know I hope we never need Akers to kick for 3 ever again!! :D

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope we have a different ending!
I think you will have a different ending....I think you will lose in the playoffs instead of the Super Bowl. I think at this point, if your defense does not shore up its holes, you could lose to the Cowboys, Giants, and 49ers. I would throw the Bears in there, but now with Cutler out, Da Bears are Da Done.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you will have a different ending....I think you will lose in the playoffs instead of the Super Bowl. I think at this point, if your defense does not shore up its holes, you could lose to the Cowboys, Giants, and 49ers. I would throw the Bears in there, but now with Cutler out, Da Bears are Da Done.

Don't forget the Saints and maybe even the Falcons. I'd like for the Packers D to be more consistent. They destroyed the Vikings a week ago, so they showed me they have it in them to play lights out. The SD game before that and the TB game yesterday are different matters. I have to disagree with you about the Bears though, even with Cutler in the game. I think we would still beat them based on the offense alone. I also think we could knock the Cowboys out if we came across them in the playoffs. They are way too inconsistent and seem to have a passion for shooting themselves in the foot. I'd worry more for the Giants or even 49'ers. The Giants lost to the Eagles yesterday, but that's a divisional game, you can't put much on that. My problem with the Giants is similar to the Cowboys, but the inconsistency rests on Eli's head as opposed to the whole team. People fear the 49'ers because of their record. They are a growing team, gelling, getting stronger and more confident with Alex Smith at the helm. I think they, even more than anybody else, have the greatest chance at really challenging us.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The Packers right now remind me of the 2008 Patriots team.

The one with Matt Cassel who missed the playoffs at 11-5?

Instead of "I think" you should put down "I hope."

None of those teams you listed are better then Green Bay btw.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It may not have been the best game for them,but with the mistakes they had bucks should have won they did'nt why because we managed the game I have nooo doubts this team wins it all,I don't know why but even yesterday when we were up by 2 points, I knew A-Rod would put up more points and d-line would end with an interception,lack luster game,you will see a different team on turkey day,they know lions are hungry,they will play us like every team has thus far like it is their super bowl, that's why I think we win it all every one plays us like it is a s.b and we will always be a step ahead.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget the Saints and maybe even the Falcons. I'd like for the Packers D to be more consistent. They destroyed the Vikings a week ago, so they showed me they have it in them to play lights out. The SD game before that and the TB game yesterday are different matters. I have to disagree with you about the Bears though, even with Cutler in the game. I think we would still beat them based on the offense alone. I also think we could knock the Cowboys out if we came across them in the playoffs. They are way too inconsistent and seem to have a passion for shooting themselves in the foot. I'd worry more for the Giants or even 49'ers. The Giants lost to the Eagles yesterday, but that's a divisional game, you can't put much on that. My problem with the Giants is similar to the Cowboys, but the inconsistency rests on Eli's head as opposed to the whole team. People fear the 49'ers because of their record. They are a growing team, gelling, getting stronger and more confident with Alex Smith at the helm. I think they, even more than anybody else, have the greatest chance at really challenging us.
Kitten, if you put things in perspective.. the vikings are nobodies when it comes to offense. Christian Ponder??

The chargers have a better squad (and QB) than the vikins... and they lit the packers defense up.
Tampa bay's offense isn't great by any means... but they have a decent qb and look what they were able to do to the packers.

I smell trouble for this team come playoffs IMO

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one with Matt Cassel who missed the playoffs at 11-5?

Instead of "I think" you should put down "I hope."

None of those teams you listed are better then Green Bay btw.

Doesn't matter if these teams are better than Green Bay... that's not how it works... All it takes is one game where the opponents are possessed (playing above their heads) to cause trouble.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the thing that is scary is how much luck the packers had in that game. How many penalties did the bucs give up that saved packers from 3rd and outs?

What about that punt return? That was a blessing for the packers..

All homerism aside, the packers defense is ATROCIOUS. No two ways about it.

They need to fix that if you guys want to win the SB.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Winning isnt everything, but its the only thing. :cool:

Lombardi would approve of this team.

Seriously?! The coach who was more about fundamentals than any coach of his day would approve of a team that can't even tackle? I must respectfully disagree. Watch some of the clips on YouTube and see how he felt about mental errors and a failure to execute the fundamentals.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the thing that is scary is how much luck the packers had in that game. How many penalties did the bucs give up that saved packers from 3rd and outs?

Agreed. If it hadn't been for several things that just went the Packers' way this game they could have lost. And some really dumb calls on the past of the TB coach. Those 2 on-side kicks were silly. No reasonably well-coached team would do such stupid things. And a team with a good offense would have most likely beaten the Pack.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously?! The coach who was more about fundamentals than any coach of his day would approve of a team that can't even tackle? I must respectfully disagree. Watch some of the clips on YouTube and see how he felt about mental errors and a failure to execute the fundamentals.
Blount DID break 6.. count 'em... 6 tackles to score a TD. That's more than half the defense that was on the field!
Purdy embarrassing if ya ask me.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Coaches response today to the questions about the defense was priceless. We're 10-0. We're playing winning football. I'm not gonna get hung up every week about a handful of plays. Then he said they were aware of the stats, and were working on things. But he repeated rather matter of factly "We're 10-0".

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score

point taken...HOWEVER, a team that has not lost a single game is certainly doing somethings right...at the end of the day if we get title number 2 in a row, then we have done our job, regardless of errors.

we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” :whistling:

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Let's see how the D does against teams like the Lions and Giants. Seriously. Is there a perfect D in the league this year? Anyone?

The Giants D rattled Brady for an entire game but Vince Young certainly did not look intimidated at times.

The Jets D is supposed to be elite and let Tebow have a game winning drive against them and mostly with his legs.

The Steelers D is supposed to be elite and they let Flacco have a game winning drive over them. In Pittsburgh. Heck Curtis Painter scored on them. Curtis Painter!!!

The Ravens D is supposed to be elite and let the Seahawks have a pretty decent game offensively. As well as a rookie QB in Dalton in terms of points scored.

The 49ers let Eli Manning convert crucial 4th downs against them last weekend in crunch time before the final stop and they lost to Romo in OT.

The Cleveland Browns are currently ranked first in the league in passing defense. Would anyone lose sleep over playing the Browns?

Last years Chargers were statistically great but missed the playoffs at 9-7.

Wins/losses and situational defense is the most important to me usually.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

Bogart might remember this since my memory is foggy. The 2009 Saints at times to me were the Kings of luck. Wasn't there a game they played against the Redskins that year where they pretty much got lucky in the win several times? People criticized those Saints when the game was over but I remember Drew Brees smiling after the game in his press conference and saying something like "In the past these are the types of games we lose. Maybe finally it's our time to get the breaks."

All this nitpicking at times for the Packers to me is amazing. Simply amazing. They have work to do but are 10-0 and have not lost a meaningful game since they played NE without Rodgers last year. It's like it's getting to the point they can't win when they win since the games are not perfect enough for the masses and people are waiting to point fingers as to how they are screwed.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Now for a dose of reality concerning an undefeated season. One guy today made a very good point. Right now the team is on a 16 game winning streak. That means to go undefeated the team will have had to win 25 straight games. Is that even possible in today's NFL???

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
25 game streak would be pretty incredible if they did it.

I think the Packers can do it. If they do it remains to be seen.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now for a dose of reality concerning an undefeated season. One guy today made a very good point. Right now the team is on a 16 game winning streak. That means to go undefeated the team will have had to win 25 straight games. Is that even possible in today's NFL???

It's not a question of is it possible, it's is it probable. This team could do it although we could still very likely win the SB even with taking a loss during the season.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
point taken...HOWEVER, a team that has not lost a single game is certainly doing somethings right...at the end of the day if we get title number 2 in a row, then we have done our job, regardless of errors.

we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” :whistling:

With that I can agree wholeheartedly.

Latest posts