16-0?

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
unfortunately... i do not think the packers are going undefeated. THIS team Certainly has its flaws, and it was on full display tonight.

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather go 14-2 (just an example) and win the SB than go 16-0 and lose in the playoffs. I don't like looking that far ahead, though. Taking each game as it comes! We've tied our regular season record from last season with six games left to play, which is good enough for me right now!

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eventually we are going to lose a game.

I don't care, as long as we win the Super Bowl.
tbh, this defense does not look like an SB defense to me.

It seems like these packers are last years patriots... high scoring offense... and a defense that relies on turnovers. That won't get it done in the playoffs, unfortunately.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
tbh, this defense does not look like an SB defense to me.

It seems like these packers are last years patriots... high scoring offense... and a defense that relies on turnovers. That won't get it done in the playoffs, unfortunately.

That scares me more than anything.

But another defense that depends on only turnovers, is the Saints. Seeing what happened to them last year is what scares me the most. Seattle shut them down most the game, and of course, their defense did nothing but lose the game for them.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
That scares me more than anything.

But another defense that depends on only turnovers, is the Saints. Seeing what happened to them last year is what scares me the most. Seattle shut them down most the game, and of course, their defense did nothing but lose the game for them.

I counted out the 2009 Saints a lot that year based on their defense and boy did that bite me in the ***. At the same time people counted out the 2006 Colts heading into the playoffs based on their defense and the D carried the team when it mattered as they went from blue road kill to the blue steel curtain over night.

Hell even the Ravens have a great D and got all they could handle by a rookie QB today at home.

If the Packers had a loss or two already they would not get as nitpicked. People are almost waiting for them to lose though and hoping for it at this point. They want to think the door is open for other teams as well.

Still, this years Packers don't remind me much of last years Pats who on offense relied mostly on Welker/two rookie TEs and never had a true deep threat. This years Packers offense reminds me most of the 2005 Colts who had Harrison/Wayne/Stokely/Clark. You can compare Clay to Freeney but our CBs were not as good. That Colts team blew it against Pittsburgh and got punched in the mouth and everything that could go wrong went wrong.

Thats another reason why you can't take your foot off the gas too long before the playoffs.......the rust has been apparent to me at times with teams who over do it before the postseason.
But, don't forget last years Saints were on the road in the playoffs. They don't travel as well. The 2011 Packers will write their own destiny despite the critics and worrying.

Reaction score
Could this game have been any uglier for us? From Mason missing the easiest field goal you will get (especially with him on his streak) to Finley dropping a huge first down to Rodgers having his worst performance of the season. Rodgers threw a interception that he would never throw in the first place on any other occasion. Don't forget it also came at a bad time and led to a Buc touchdown. He missed on 3 or 4 big play throws that he would usually hit. Luckily he made enough plays today to get us the "W". Our defense once again embarrassed themselves and the fans by having Blount completely run right through every tackle for the 54 yard td. It seems like they just lobbed the ball up and caught everything on Williams and Shields. Let alone another typical interception at the right time to save us. Our running game was more than lackluster and we had stupid penalties throughout the game. We killed ourselves today and as long as we go back to fundamental football by tackling when we should the defense should improve. Funny how we consider a 3 TD and 1 INT performance "Bad" but to Rodgers standards and to what the fans are used to, this was just an "off day" for him. You can tell when it isn't your day when you have a 300 yard game and throw it for -1 yard on your last throwing play :confused:. I guarantee we will never play this horrible the rest of the season. And that is why we will go undefeated. If a 9 point win feels like a loss for the Packers, just imagine what we need to do to lose! Just watch out with Rodgers being in a dome on Thanksgiving! This could be the spark to help us roll in and through the playoffs and into the Super bowl! Go Pack Go!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
It really was a lackluster game and still I never felt like the Packers would lose. I guess it just will keep getting tougher at times with teams more desperate for the win.

Every week the Packers win the more impressed I get. The Packers have an incredible streak going since last season. Just enjoy it!! Have faith in them.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I counted out the 2009 Saints a lot that year based on their defense and boy did that bite me in the ***. At the same time people counted out the 2006 Colts heading into the playoffs based on their defense and the D carried the team when it mattered as they went from blue road kill to the blue steel curtain over night.

Hell even the Ravens have a great D and got all they could handle by a rookie QB today at home.

If the Packers had a loss or two already they would not get as nitpicked. People are almost waiting for them to lose though and hoping for it at this point. They want to think the door is open for other teams as well.

Still, this years Packers don't remind me much of last years Pats who on offense relied mostly on Welker/two rookie TEs and never had a true deep threat. This years Packers offense reminds me most of the 2005 Colts who had Harrison/Wayne/Stokely/Clark. You can compare Clay to Freeney but our CBs were not as good. That Colts team blew it against Pittsburgh and got punched in the mouth and everything that could go wrong went wrong.

Thats another reason why you can't take your foot off the gas too long before the playoffs.......the rust has been apparent to me at times with teams who over do it before the postseason.
But, don't forget last years Saints were on the road in the playoffs. They don't travel as well. The 2011 Packers will write their own destiny despite the critics and worrying.

The problem with the 2009 Saints defense was in times, they were missing many starters, but when they had all their starters going into the playoffs, you seen how lethal they really were. Still think Darren Sharper added a new level to that defense, regardless how he was last season, when he was out there, all their other corners played extremely well (Tracy Porter has been useless without Sharper)

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
With this defense, I am pretty sure we're going to lose a game eventually. I don't want to go undefeated and lose in the playoffs, when it matters. I'd much rather lose a game or two, lock up the #1 seed, and division title, and ride the playoffs at home. This team has a huge weakness in the secondary, and hopefully they get it fixed while they can, and don't wait too late for it to come back and haunt us.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The problem with the 2009 Saints defense was in times, they were missing many starters, but when they had all their starters going into the playoffs, you seen how lethal they really were. Still think Darren Sharper added a new level to that defense, regardless how he was last season, when he was out there, all their other corners played extremely well (Tracy Porter has been useless without Sharper)

Those Saints had some true good luck on their side too. It just seemed like "their year" even though I tried to deny it a lot.

Honestly, maybe nobody should compare the Packers to any past team. The 2011 Packers are the 2011 Packers and I keep saying they will write their own destiny.

I also don't always expect GB to be 100% at their best every week or every quarter. It's tough. They have won so many for so long and clearly are going to the playoffs....

I still believe this Packers team is destined to repeat regardless of the regular season. A repeat has been my prediction since they won it all in February and I will keep sticking with it lol.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
With this defense, I am pretty sure we're going to lose a game eventually. I don't want to go undefeated and lose in the playoffs, when it matters. I'd much rather lose a game or two, lock up the #1 seed, and division title, and ride the playoffs at home. This team has a huge weakness in the secondary, and hopefully they get it fixed while they can, and don't wait too late for it to come back and haunt us.

Don't lose to the Lions. If they must lose I would prefer it's to a team like Oakland since I like Palmer. On that note don't lose to the Bears or Giants either. Last thing I need is hearing how elite Eli is again for a full week with a win over the Packers.

Basically don't lose to anyone then......

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is going to agree with me here, but looking at it from another point of view, besides a fan perspective, losing a game could actually help us.

Think about it.
The last time GB was 10-0 their first loss came on Thanksgiving against the Lions, in which Lombardi himself said the loss took a lot of pressure off their shoulders about going undefeated.

The Saints back in 2009 were stunned by the Dallas Cowboys, but still gave it all their fire power to try and win that game, but after the loss, Sean Payton said the game didn't matter to him, and they were bound to lose eventually, better in the regular season than playoffs.

Anyone remember the 1998 Vikings lone loss to a divisional opponent? That team didn't win the Super Bowl, but they could have easily been undefeated had it not been for the tricky Buccaneers. In The documentary "The Missing Rings", John Randle talked about that one loss and how it brought them down to earth, taking the pressure of an undefeated season off their back.

Teams are giving us their 100% in games, and have been all year long, not just because we're undefeated, but because we're the defending Super Bowl Champions, and that's why our defense is getting lit up so bad. When you are the defending champs, that's just enough motivation to play your 100%, no matter what. But when you finally do lose that one game, they all say it takes the pressure off your back. The pressure will be on us if we do go undefeated. Just look at the Patriots a few years ago.

I'm not saying I want us to lose a game, don't take it the wrong way, but at this point in the season, I don't see a loss really hurting us that bad. We're 10-0, all we have to do is lock up the #1 seed, the division title is basically already ours, but we're set to go after that. A good example of that is the Redskins back in 1991. They lost their first game after starting 11-0 to the Cowboys, and they barely lost at that, but even at 11-1, no one was going to take the #1 seed away from them. No one would win more than 11 games in the NFC that year, besides the Lions, who went 12-4 under Barry Sanders, but even that, the Skins still slaughtered them on opening day, so that would have been the tie breaker had Washington finished 12-4 instead of 14-2.

Unlike the 1991 Skins, we have some stronger competition. The 49ers are just one game behind us, and with their easy schedule, they could finish 13-3 or 12-4 (what I have them at) that is why it's important we get more wins than them. We do not want to be traveling around in the playoffs, we want home field advantage over all. If we finished 14-2 and the 49ers finished 12-4, that would do it for the playoffs, we'd run the table then.

D

Dan115

Look at the 9 ers schedule. Their only tough games are vs AFC teams. Do not want to be tied with them either.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Bogart, just a hunch based on your posts lately but you seem nervous at times over this perfect season thing....

Don't let it get to you. I certainly hope nobody panics if the Packers lose a game soon but either way enjoy the ride too as long as they keep winning.

What happens happens.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Those Saints had some true good luck on their side too. It just seemed like "their year" even though I tried to deny it a lot.

Honestly, maybe nobody should compare the Packers to any past team. The 2011 Packers are the 2011 Packers and I keep saying they will write their own destiny.

I also don't always expect GB to be 100% at their best every week or every quarter. It's tough. They have won so many for so long and clearly are going to the playoffs....

I still believe this Packers team is destined to repeat regardless of the regular season. A repeat has been my prediction since they won it all in February and I will keep sticking with it lol.

I had the feeling the Saints would win it all before the Patriots blow out in 2009. Watching them every week, most the time with family, it felt special, they felt way different than watching any other team that year. When they were 7-0 and survived the Falcons, that's when I called them as a Super Bowl favorite, cause they usually get a tough game against the Falcons, and they managed to survive a sloppy performance in that game.

You do have a point with the Saints, reminds me of this Packers team. New Orleans would give up so many points, and still win on miraculous comebacks under Brees. So far this team does give up points, and even trailing, they seem to always come back under Rodgers. I think everybody thought the Saints were done in the Miami game, and they managed to come back down by 21, and win 12, which was huge. Perhaps the best come back other than that was against Carolina, when it was 17-3, and they ended up winning 30-20.I really thought the Panthers were going to hand them their first loss in that game, because it was divisional, and I remember Jake Delhomme always finding some success against them.

I don't think the running game is really a factor for the Pack Attack. As long as they get it when they need it, all the pieces seem to fall right into place, without rushing over 100 yards. But when they do rush over 100, it feels more safe and secure for the win, chewing down the clock.

D

Dan115

I had the feeling the Saints would win it all before the Patriots blow out in 2009. Watching them every week, most the time with family, it felt special, they felt way different than watching any other team that year. When they were 7-0 and survived the Falcons, that's when I called them as a Super Bowl favorite, cause they usually get a tough game against the Falcons, and they managed to survive a sloppy performance in that game.

You do have a point with the Saints, reminds me of this Packers team. New Orleans would give up so many points, and still win on miraculous comebacks under Brees. So far this team does give up points, and even trailing, they seem to always come back under Rodgers. I think everybody thought the Saints were done in the Miami game, and they managed to come back down by 21, and win 12, which was huge. Perhaps the best come back other than that was against Carolina, when it was 17-3, and they ended up winning 30-20.I really thought the Panthers were going to hand them their first loss in that game, because it was divisional, and I remember Jake Delhomme always finding some success against them.

I don't think the running game is really a factor for the Pack Attack. As long as they get it when they need it, all the pieces seem to fall right into place, without rushing over 100 yards. But when they do rush over 100, it feels more safe and secure for the win, chewing down the clock.

Who needs Starks we have crazyleggs Masthay and swivel hips Raji to run the ball

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

I would be less confident in the Packers chances this year if I thought there was truly that team out there that was that much better. I am not sure there is. This league is a mess at times this year. From week to week teams are up and down. The one constant has been the Packers winning and the Colts losing. God, even Miami looks great now. WTF is up with that? 4 weeks ago it was Suck for Luck and now they are the worst team nobody wants to play.

I don't see much in the AFC so far that makes me jump out of my chair (outside of Tebow haha joking). In the NFC everyone is paranoid over the Niners but I am not sure I am feeling them. They will get the bye week likely and be good but do I think they are that team? Not convinced.

Probably Bears will end up the biggest challenge in the end based on how it all is looking right now. And still even then I would take GB over them since it will be a cold day in hell when I put full faith in Lovie Smith and Jay Cutler.

And on that note Rivers just threw yet another interception.....you know things are off when Rivers is throwing more picks then Jay Cutler in any given season.

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
Every week this thread has a fresh new wave of the same posts. This team has it's flaws, lucky to win, rather lose a few games and win the Super Bowl, blah. At this point I would be even more disappointed to lose a game than before. Eventually this thread's attitude will change. 19-0.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts