16-0?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought of this. And to do it in GB though would be pretty bold and stupid. Then again this is the Lions who have the collective IQ of a house plant.
Of a house plant? Plants are living things. Your too kind.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we indeed do get to 13-0 or 14-0 and end up wrapping up the #1 seed, I definitely don't want us doing the 2009 Colts thing and giving up. Oh, sure, losing is bad. But the 2009 Colts ended up sparking an internet meme. I don't want Tony Kornheiser to be asking this about us:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

CarolinaPackerFan

Packers fan in Panthers country
Reaction score
Whoa whoa buddy... you need to calm down...

Maybe you are right that the packers defense is not atrocious... but they are not good either. They are an opportunistic defense... and opportunities do not always come by so easily.

I never said that the offense is not incredible... but how did the packers not get lucky in some aspects of the game against tampa? That punt return was not luck? What about some of those penalty calls on tampa bay? (probably more to do with the tampa players than luck though). Packers won that game because they played better in the most important moments of the game... and they had some luck (I AM NOT SAYING they would have lost if they did not have any luck).

Obviously if the packers win the SB this year in spite of their defense, it would be a moot point... but good defense does help, right?

The packers offense is one of the best i have ever seen... but lets not act like that THERE MIGHT BE A POSSIBILITY for them to have a stinker in a game where the defense has to carry the load.

And no... i am not being a hater. Just stating things i see with my two eyes.

The best teams always have the worst haters.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't get too excited about a "perfect" season until the Packers get to at least 14-0. Right now they're no further along than quite a few excellent teams in NFL history for an 11-0 or better start.

Just two years ago the Colts were 14-0 and the Saints 13-0 and ended 14-2 and 13-3. respectively. The 1985 Bears began 12-0 and finished 15-1. The 1998 Broncos were also 12-0 and finished 14-2.

The problem for both the team and the fans about shooting for an undefeated year now is that that one first loss could have more season changing effects for the ultimate purpose of winning the Super Bowl again than might otherwise be the case about a defeat earlier on the schedule.

There's still five games to go, an entire quarter of the season, and haven't we seen games change when a team thinks it has things sewed up at the end of the third quarter and lets an opponent come back on them in the fourth? Neither the Packers nor their fans should be like the man who was so fixated on the pot of gold at the end of the road that he missed seeing the banana peel and open manhole just inches in front of his path.

DocSkittles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the way I read it, according to the Pro Football HOF, we're one win away from being tied for second with the longest winning streak in history at 18 games. We'll be tied with the 1933-'34 Bears, 1941-'42 Bears, 1947-'48 Browns, 1972-'73 Dolphins, 1989-'90 49ers, 1997-'98 Broncos, and 2007-'08 Patriots; all with 18 win streaks. The longest is the 2003 - 2004 Patriots with 21 victories in a row. I'm thinking if we can pull out a win this weekend, we won't be in bad company.

Either way, the Pack is playing awesome and I'm grateful for them making suffering through the pre-90's worth the wait! Then again it would be awesome to see the Pats record fall to the Green & Gold!

Go Pack Go!!!

Members online

Latest posts