12 touchdowns

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Heard something tonight that a reporter went through all the "drops" of our wr

Now I don't know what this reporters classification is for a drop. But he said there were 12 tds dropped and something like 800 yards and 64 receptions?

Again I may have have those 2 numbers off but it was 12 tds

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Now I don't know what this reporters classification is for a drop. But he said there were 12 tds dropped and something like 800 yards and 64 receptions?

Did you happen to catch what the guy was smoking? Maybe K2? Crack?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drops are hard to figure. Its not an official stat and depending on who is looking the numbers will vary. Some people are harsh graders and fans are the worst. According to one site I looked at the Chiefs had the most drops with 44, the Packers had 29. The league leaders were Nacua with 13, Hill & Njoku with 11, the other leaders all had 1 thing in common. They had lots of targets. The top 5 teams for drops all made the playoffs.

Fox sports has the Packers with 31

My contention has always been that drops are over rated. Yes it can be a drive killer but what is the difference between a drop and a badly thrown pass? Also you have to look at what happens after the drop. A drop on screen on 1st down is not really significant if the same WR makes a good catch for a TD later in the drive.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That seems wildly excessive. Thats to the point of an extra 4 catches and almost a TD per game? Not seeing that. People would be raging big time on the forum if it was that bad. Just from an eyeball/memory standard, I would think it might be more in the 30/300/3 range.

Reaction score
Im thinking drops more as sole or majority fault of a Receiver?
I’m thinking a more realistic guess is 1-1.5 per game or about 20-25 per season are due to direct fault of a WR.

The other factor no one talks about are how many routes were run incorrectly that caused a Pass to appear off the mark? Over the last 8 contests Love is 70.67 comp % (excluded Dallas so I could use season stats easily)
That’s 414.2 lost yards and +3.12 TD’s lost when applied to attempts on the season had he not dealt with the Rookie WR/TE learning curve.

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or, how many are counted as drops because the receiver makes an incredible attempt at catching an off-target throw.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And being a young, very young corps you might expect that. Next year we can cut those down in half. A wet game tomorrow could mean some drops...by defenders as well.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That seems wildly excessive. Thats to the point of an extra 4 catches and almost a TD per game? Not seeing that. People would be raging big time on the forum if it was that bad. Just from an eyeball/memory standard, I would think it might be more in the 30/300/3 range.
I'll find the recording

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were. Go read the posts around Week 5/6. Those WRs were dropping a lot of passes each game, or just mis-running routes and Love would still just put the ball out there.

What would be really helpful is if these stats folks would give the average number of TDs/yards/catches for QBs the past few seasons. The stats seem large but how far outside of the norm is it?

Reaction score
Or, how many are counted as drops because the receiver makes an incredible attempt at catching an off-target throw.
In the games I’ve watched I can’t think of any. I mean if a WR is catching a ball how bad can the pass be? I’m sure there are a few of those, but I think it’s miniscule. Can you think of any in particular that you were astounded that the throw was so bad it should’ve been dropped? Like OBJ level stuff ?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
One td drop they mentioned was vs the Vikings

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the games I’ve watched I can’t think of any. I mean if a WR is catching a ball how bad can the pass be? I’m sure there are a few of those, but I think it’s miniscule. Can you think of any in particular that you were astounded that the throw was so bad it should’ve been dropped? Like OBJ level stuff ?
Don't have specific ones in mind because I never thought this was an issue. Just know that I have seen plays where I thought the receiver was superhuman in just getting to the ball, even if it did fall off his fingertips.

Members online

Latest posts