Your thoughts on the Titans vs Packers game

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was dissipointed in the defence in the first half. they couldent stop them on third downs.

the ol didnt make alot of holes for the running backs.

the only time the offence did look good was when favre was playing.

and their where too many costely flags, as a result the ten. scored a touch down.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: the first half....not very good

our starters left after 1 series. We scored.

They scored after a a penalty on ahmad caroll when we FORCED THEM TO PUNT.

then it was our backups vs their starters the rest of the way, and only gave up 1 score, which isnt too bad for BACKUPS vs STARTERS.

*EDITED BY AADP - Poster never implied this*

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score

umair said:
i was dissipointed in the defence in the first half. they couldent stop them on third downs.

the ol didnt make alot of holes for the running backs.

the only time the offence did look good was when favre was playing.

and their where too many costely flags, as a result the ten. scored a touch down.

Are you crazy?? That is our 3rd stringers going up against their starters. Woodson and Harris didn'te even start and the other starters played one drive.

Reaction score

- Hunter has been sorely needed by this D. Don't get me wrong, he is young and VERY raw, but the sheer fact that he is superfast makes him a threat. Caused disturbance regularly in the first half.

- Culver is great. Thank God he has played the way he has, or we'd be in serious trouble.

- O-line will take time to come together, and build chemistry. However this could be the start of a really powerful o-line.

- Carroll got beat by a TE. He also made a terrible attempt at a tackle on Pacman during a PR. On the bright side, he hasn't held....yet.

- RYAN, RYAN, RYAN! Great to see near 70 yard punts again.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The announcers on NFL network were just saying how well Vince Young was doing against the Packer's number 1 defense. I don't know what game they are watching but the only number 1 defense I see is wearing a Titan's uniform. The Packers are playing 2nd, 3rd, maybe even 4th string players now.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TT has just announced he will give the players and coaches pillows and cushions with belts so they can cover their butts... this is in order to avoid big injuries since they will have their butts kicked all season long ¡¡¡¡!!!!!

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Right now the question is not if we will score or stop the Titans ofense,,,, the simple question is if we will get one first down and 10 to go...

This will be a longer season than expected !!!

Jim Bates where are you??????????

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yeah it will be longer than normal, and ur basing that off of our starters being in for only 1 series? cmon, man. cmon.

Reaction score

I agree Cham, it is a little early right now to think that the Pack won't compete at all this season. The easy schedule still leaves hope, and if they pull it together real fast, they could get somewhere.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Brewster can take his butt out of green bay after those mistakes.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score

all about da packers said:
I agree Cham, it is a little early right now to think that the Pack won't compete at all this season. The easy schedule still leaves hope, and if they pull it together real fast, they could get somewhere.
What are you talking about easy schedule? Haven't you been paying attention for the last eight months? A win is a win in this league, even if your division sucks. If you beat 10 teams with losing records and lose to 6 with winning records, you are a success according to some in this forum.

The Packers will play hard, and play teams close, just like last year. Hopefully we used up all the bad Karma last year and can eek out a few games. I expect a better offensive product by mid season because right now, this O-line is not game tested or ready.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Your opinion of the Titans vs Packers game

I can't say too much because I couldn't watch the game but Favre to Jennings 89 yards sounds pretty ****. If Favre can get on the same page with Jennings like he does with Driver than this year might be a good one.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Your opinion of the Titans vs Packers game

SuperRat said:
I can't say too much because I couldn't watch the game but Favre to Jennings 89 yards sounds pretty ****. If Favre can get on the same page with Jennings like he does with Driver than this year might be a good one.

Yeah, this was really good to see. I am so glad DD won't be doing it all on the recieving end this year, way to go Jennings !!!

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First play, medium-range pass, he was wide-open in space...Cut across the field after the catch, and made the most out of it.

The Titans were ready for MM's boring pound the ball into the line/**** and dunk sideline offense...

Caught'em by surprise, a bit.

Funny, our best plays on offense were against the standard operating procedure...

If this is going to be a running/****-and-dunk team...

It's gonna be a long year. That O-line can't create much more than 1-3 yard plays...At least yet.

I'm sick of seeing 3rd and seven every two seconds...

On defense...Where's the pass rush? All pre-season it has seemed like we're pushing the O-lines back to a nice horse-shoe that the opposing QB stands in, takes as long as he needs, and the hits the guy for a fresh set of downs...

Someone mentioned Hunter. Well, we can hope. Jenkins delivers some pass-rush...

Don't know. I'm not all doom-and-gloom. I realize Al and Woodson were sitting. Our first unit on O, was two plays, TD, and out.

But I just can't take too many positives from this last pre-season game.

Jeff Fisher wanted his team to hit the ground running in game 1. MM certainly didn't think that was important today. If this is all to hide our true gameplan for week one...MM deserves a lot of credit. I'm buy'in it.

If we're going to try two runs into the line, and a side-line pass against the Bears...We're in trouble.

PS...

And please God...Sure-hands team on kick/punt returns. LOL.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
our defensive starters(and none of our starting CBs) were out there for more than 1 series. lol

they got their 1st 7-points cuz carroll was offsides after we FORCED a punt. lol.

Members online

Latest posts