Your thoughts on Koren Robinson?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Actually Robinson was the #1 WR late in the year for Minnesota and I believe he did start a few games. So Robinson was Johnson’s go to guy late in the year.

Go to Guy? He had 6 catches total in the last 4 games combined!

If this is the case those are some GOD AWFUL numbers for a #1 WR. In fact Koren only led the team in recieving ONCE in that span.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, KR's a PACKER now. To hell what he did as a Vike. He HAS talent, no doubt. I'd be happy with his just upgrading our KR team. Lord knows we needed help there. By himself he will not take the team to the promised land. But he's an upgrade on a team that thinks Fergy is a good WR.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, if he can do more of those jump THEN reach out catches for 24 yards a pop....that would be nice!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah, if he can do more of those jump THEN reach out catches for 24 yards a pop....that would be nice!

That was a beautiful catch man. When I was QB (nothing special, pick up games an HS) when a WR gave that effort and came down with the ball, it gave me a lot of confidence throwing it his way. I would assume Brett gained confidence with that catch in Koren the WR

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
Actually Robinson was the #1 WR late in the year for Minnesota and I believe he did start a few games. So Robinson was Johnson’s go to guy late in the year.

If this is the case those are some GOD AWFUL numbers for a #1 WR. In fact Koren only led the team in recieving ONCE in that span.

Robinson was the go to guy. Is he a legit #1 in the NFL? No, I never said that at all and it showed in Minnesota. Is he talented enough to be a threat. Sure is and it showed later on in the year when he did make big catches and he did make plays when needed. The stats may not show it but Robinson was the WR on the Vikings roster that emerged last year as their true target whether you want to believe it or not. Robinson was to Brad Johnson that Jermaine Wiggens was to Daunte Culppepper. That is why Robinson was giving the extension in the off season.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
tromadz said:

That was a beautiful catch man. When I was QB (nothing special, pick up games an HS) when a WR gave that effort and came down with the ball, it gave me a lot of confidence throwing it his way. I would assume Brett gained confidence with that catch in Koren the WR

Don't make us laugh......what position did you play when you woke up :lol:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
tromadz said:

Don't make us laugh......what position did you play when you woke up :lol:

LoL I was QB!! I was good too! Well, good for school yard an pickup stuff lol

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:

Robinson was the go to guy. Is he a legit #1 in the NFL? No, I never said that at all and it showed in Minnesota. Is he talented enough to be a threat. Sure is and it showed later on in the year when he did make big catches and he did make plays when needed. The stats may not show it but Robinson was the WR on the Vikings roster that emerged last year as their true target whether you want to believe it or not. Robinson was to Brad Johnson that Jermaine Wiggens was to Daunte Culppepper. That is why Robinson was giving the extension in the off season.

Porky, I listed his stats, 4 or more recievers had more yards than Koren in 6 of the last 8 games from the Vikings. You can say he was the number 1 all you want but that simply is not true. Troy Williamson and Travis Taylor outgained him in almost all the games at the end of the year.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:

Porky, I listed his stats, 4 or more recievers had more yards than Koren in 6 of the last 8 games from the Vikings. You can say he was the number 1 all you want but that simply is not true. Troy Williamson and Travis Taylor outgained him in almost all the games at the end of the year.

Agree to disagree but don't say I'm wrong and your right when the stats like I said don't tell the story. There is a reason why Robinson was giving an extension and I feel confident enough in my own observations and the Viking fans who told me that this was the case. Robinson also started and arguably was their top receiver. That doesn't mean he was a good #1. Green Bay doesn't need a #1 and our #2 is looking rather solid right now as well. We just need someone talented enough to take the pressure off of them in some situations and that's exactly what Koran Robinson is capable of doing.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:

Agree to disagree but don't say I'm wrong and your right when the stats like I said don't tell the story. There is a reason why Robinson was giving an extension and I feel confident enough in my own observations and the Viking fans who told me that this was the case. Robinson also started and arguably was their top receiver. That doesn't mean he was a good #1. Green Bay doesn't need a #1 and our #2 is looking rather solid right now as well. We just need someone talented enough to take the pressure off of them in some situations and that's exactly what Koran Robinson is capable of doing.

I can agree to disagree but when you total 6 catches over 3 games you are obviously not the number 1 reciever. I am just wondering what makes you think Koren was the number 1?

Week 17 - T.Taylor 5-68, N.Burleson 6-66, M.Moore 6-44, M.Bennett 3-23, J.Wiggins 3-16, J.Kleinsasser 1-15, T.Williamson 2-12, K.Robinson 1-3.

Week 16 - J.Wiggins 7-43, M.Moore 4-42, N.Burleson 4-26, T.Taylor 3-40, J.Kleinsasser 2-11, T.Williamson 1-56, R.Angulo 1-11, M.Bennett 1-10, K.Robinson 1-5, M.Robinson 1-4.

Week 15 - K.Robinson 3-34, T.Taylor 3-28, M.Robinson 2-38, N.Burleson 2-24, J.Wiggins 2-9, M.Moore 2-9, J.Kleinsasser 1-6, M.Bennett 1-(-5)

Week 14 - M.Bennett 4-6, J.Wiggins 3-18, N.Burleson 2-20, J.Kleinsasser 2-11, M.Robinson 1-49, K.Robinson 1-15, T.Williamson 1-12, T.Taylor 1-8, M.Moore 1-7.

Week 13 - K.Robinson 4-148, J.Kleinsasser 4-26, M.Robinson 3-32, M.Bennett 3-10, N.Burleson 2-26, T.Taylor 1-14

Week 12 - T.Taylor 5-70, J.Wiggins 5-67, M.Robinson 4-32, K.Robinson 4-29, M.Moore 2-9.

Week 11 - J.Wiggins 7-67, K.Robinson 3-51, T.Taylor 2-33, M.Moore 2-16, M.Bennett 2-13, J.Kleinsasser 1-11, T.Williamson 1-5.

Week 10 - M.Bennett 6-11, J.Wiggins 5-42, N.Burleson 2-14, K.Robinson 1-44, T.Williamson 1-11, M.Robinson 1-11, T.Taylor 1-11.

Week 9 - T.Taylor 4-27, T.Williamson 3-26, N.Burleson 2-16, M.Moore 1-26, M.Robinson 1-12, J.Wiggins 1-11, J.Kleinsasser 1-8, K.Robinson 1-5, M.Bennett 1-5.

packerman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:
[quote="porky88":q6fljkh4]Actually Robinson was the #1 WR late in the year for Minnesota and I believe he did start a few games. So Robinson was Johnson’s go to guy late in the year.

I can agree to disagree but when you total 6 catches over 3 games you are obviously not the number 1 reciever. I am just wondering what makes you think Koren was the number 1?

Week 17 - T.Taylor 5-68, N.Burleson 6-66, M.Moore 6-44, M.Bennett 3-23, J.Wiggins 3-16, J.Kleinsasser 1-15, T.Williamson 2-12, K.Robinson 1-3.

Week 16 - J.Wiggins 7-43, M.Moore 4-42, N.Burleson 4-26, T.Taylor 3-40, J.Kleinsasser 2-11, T.Williamson 1-56, R.Angulo 1-11, M.Bennett 1-10, K.Robinson 1-5, M.Robinson 1-4.

Week 15 - K.Robinson 3-34, T.Taylor 3-28, M.Robinson 2-38, N.Burleson 2-24, J.Wiggins 2-9, M.Moore 2-9, J.Kleinsasser 1-6, M.Bennett 1-(-5)

Week 14 - M.Bennett 4-6, J.Wiggins 3-18, N.Burleson 2-20, J.Kleinsasser 2-11, M.Robinson 1-49, K.Robinson 1-15, T.Williamson 1-12, T.Taylor 1-8, M.Moore 1-7.

Week 13 - K.Robinson 4-148, J.Kleinsasser 4-26, M.Robinson 3-32, M.Bennett 3-10, N.Burleson 2-26, T.Taylor 1-14

Week 12 - T.Taylor 5-70, J.Wiggins 5-67, M.Robinson 4-32, K.Robinson 4-29, M.Moore 2-9.

Week 11 - J.Wiggins 7-67, K.Robinson 3-51, T.Taylor 2-33, M.Moore 2-16, M.Bennett 2-13, J.Kleinsasser 1-11, T.Williamson 1-5.

Week 10 - M.Bennett 6-11, J.Wiggins 5-42, N.Burleson 2-14, K.Robinson 1-44, T.Williamson 1-11, M.Robinson 1-11, T.Taylor 1-11.

Week 9 - T.Taylor 4-27, T.Williamson 3-26, N.Burleson 2-16, M.Moore 1-26, M.Robinson 1-12, J.Wiggins 1-11, J.Kleinsasser 1-8, K.Robinson 1-5, M.Bennett 1-5.[/quote:q6fljkh4]

well, i have to agree with Porky and I know fact wise....who was the go to man for the Vikes when Brad hit him in stride to setup the game winning scrore against the Pack last yr...KOREN....dude, you can go with stats all you want...the fact is...at years end when the Vikes scrapped that draw a play in the sand everybody go long offense and went west coast...Koren was their #1 man, despite the stats Troy and Travis put up, koren was the #1 man, troy #2 and trav #3, but of course like you say, stats prove they were better than koren..lol.....he got the ext based on being a receiver and not a return man bc he wasnt going to return for the Vikes this year unless it was a desperate situation...the vikes may not look like they are missing him now when they should/could easily be 1-2 0r 0-3 but thanks to some bone head mistakes by the opposing team they are 2-1 and lack a sure fire burn em and miss receiver which K-Rob is. just watch, those who doubt him now will be crotch riding by seasons end, i bet the house on it! he may not be the #1 guy here or #2, but he will be Bretts fav target ..a gunslinger with a playmaker like that who can help brett on his mistakes which he is missing..its gonna be magic...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerman said:
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
[quote="pyledriver80":1hl6rcqv][quote="porky88":1hl6rcqv]Actually Robinson was the #1 WR late in the year for Minnesota and I believe he did start a few games. So Robinson was Johnson’s go to guy late in the year.

Week 9 - T.Taylor 4-27, T.Williamson 3-26, N.Burleson 2-16, M.Moore 1-26, M.Robinson 1-12, J.Wiggins 1-11, J.Kleinsasser 1-8, K.Robinson 1-5, M.Bennett 1-5.[/quote:1hl6rcqv]

well, i have to agree with Porky and I know fact wise....who was the go to man for the Vikes when Brad hit him in stride to setup the game winning scrore against the Pack last yr...KOREN....dude, you can go with stats all you want...the fact is...at years end when the Vikes scrapped that draw a play in the sand everybody go long offense and went west coast...Koren was their #1 man, despite the stats Troy and Travis put up, koren was the #1 man, troy #2 and trav #3, but of course like you say, stats prove they were better than koren..lol.....he got the ext based on being a receiver and not a return man bc he wasnt going to return for the Vikes this year unless it was a desperate situation...the vikes may not look like they are missing him now when they should/could easily be 1-2 0r 0-3 but thanks to some bone head mistakes by the opposing team they are 2-1 and lack a sure fire burn em and miss receiver which K-Rob is. just watch, those who doubt him now will be crotch riding by seasons end, i bet the house on it! he may not be the #1 guy here or #2, but he will be Bretts fav target ..a gunslinger with a playmaker like that who can help brett on his mistakes which he is missing..its gonna be magic...[/quote:1hl6rcqv]

Pretty much well put although I'm not sure Robinson can unseat Driver or Jennings. It looks as if you watched some Viking games a year ago as well. Like I said stats don't show what Robinson did for the Vikings last year and I won't take credit for that quote, a very knowledgeable Viking fan told me.

Johnson and Robinson from what I was told and I agree with because I watched a lot of Viking games last year were on there way in establishing a connection that is similar to Favre and Driver. There is a reason why they didn't give Burleson a tender. They felt good about Williamson and Robinson.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok Man, whatever. Koren must have been the worst #1 in the history of the NFL. I've never seen a number 1 with so many 1 catch games. Hell Chatman should have been a pro bowler then.

Koren Robinson has been overrated for years. He is a one trick pony. The guy dropped so many balls in Seattle that it was embarrassing. I remember the game where he had like 7 drops, oh well must have been drunk.

Minnesota sure seems to be missing his big 22 catch a year performance. Being a number one is about putting up stats, thats how you get the title. Just because you have the MOST POPULAR name of the WR core doesn't make you a number 1.

I guess Robert Ferguson is our number 1 as well.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Ok Man, whatever. Koren must have been the worst #1 in the history of the NFL. I've never seen a number 1 with so many 1 catch games. Hell Chatman should have been a pro bowler then.

Koren Robinson has been overrated for years. He is a one trick pony. The guy dropped so many balls in Seattle that it was embarrassing. I remember the game where he had like 7 drops, oh well must have been drunk.

Minnesota sure seems to be missing his big 22 catch a year performance. Being a number one is about putting up stats, thats how you get the title. Just because you have the MOST POPULAR name of the WR core doesn't make you a number 1.

Again the stats don't show. Robinson didn't even play a role in the offense for about half of the year. I think it was in November when he started for the Vikings.

I also never said Robinson was a good #1 WR. I just said he was there go to guy later in the year. As the year went on Brad Johnson and Robinson begun to establish chemistry.

Robinson just needs to unseat Robert Ferguson in Green Bay for the #3. As the year goes on I expect him to do so as he starts to fit into McCarthy’s system. I have no doubt that Driver and Jennings can provide legit targets for Favre this year. Robinson should help out as the #3 and a kick returner in time.

packerman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:

what game did you see him drop 7 passes...whatever..the most he had in a season was 11 and darrell jackson had 10 right behind him...man, plaxico burress has damn near that right now and still the man...case in point, i think you are running with the media and never really seen dude play until this year...if chatman was that good, he'd still be here-period! and in this league you dont become #1 bc your name...he earned and he proved it during OTA's & minicamp for Brad CHildress, thats why he was listed as #1. Its a mute situation, we'll just see as the season unfolds!

packerman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
packerman said:
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:
[quote="porky88":123t4des][quote="pyledriver80":123t4des][quote="porky88":123t4des]Actually Robinson was the #1 WR late in the year for Minnesota and I believe he did start a few games. So Robinson was Johnson’s go to guy late in the year.

Week 9 - T.Taylor 4-27, T.Williamson 3-26, N.Burleson 2-16, M.Moore 1-26, M.Robinson 1-12, J.Wiggins 1-11, J.Kleinsasser 1-8, K.Robinson 1-5, M.Bennett 1-5.[/quote:123t4des]

well, i have to agree with Porky and I know fact wise....who was the go to man for the Vikes when Brad hit him in stride to setup the game winning scrore against the Pack last yr...KOREN....dude, you can go with stats all you want...the fact is...at years end when the Vikes scrapped that draw a play in the sand everybody go long offense and went west coast...Koren was their #1 man, despite the stats Troy and Travis put up, koren was the #1 man, troy #2 and trav #3, but of course like you say, stats prove they were better than koren..lol.....he got the ext based on being a receiver and not a return man bc he wasnt going to return for the Vikes this year unless it was a desperate situation...the vikes may not look like they are missing him now when they should/could easily be 1-2 0r 0-3 but thanks to some bone head mistakes by the opposing team they are 2-1 and lack a sure fire burn em and miss receiver which K-Rob is. just watch, those who doubt him now will be crotch riding by seasons end, i bet the house on it! he may not be the #1 guy here or #2, but he will be Bretts fav target ..a gunslinger with a playmaker like that who can help brett on his mistakes which he is missing..its gonna be magic...[/quote:123t4des]

Pretty much well put although I'm not sure Robinson can unseat Driver or Jennings. It looks as if you watched some Viking games a year ago as well. Like I said stats don't show what Robinson did for the Vikings last year and I won't take credit for that quote, a very knowledgeable Viking fan told me.

Johnson and Robinson from what I was told and I agree with because I watched a lot of Viking games last year were on there way in establishing a connection that is similar to Favre and Driver. There is a reason why they didn't give Burleson a tender. They felt good about Williamson and Robinson.[/quote:123t4des]

I've watched Koren play ever since he was at NC State...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts