1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Your opinion on the playcalling?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tromadz, Aug 13, 2006.

1. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Ain't it the truth. Let's bench the greatest QB of all time in favor of an inexperienced, weaker armed QB behind that offensive line. If it comes to the point of benching Favre then we finish 2-14 anyway and end up with Brady Quinn next year. Either way Rodgers is screwed. He better hope Favre does alright and we don't get that first pick.

2. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Wow, this is insane

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would disagree with you pyle.

Ultimately, I say do what is best in the long run. However I'd only do this if the Packers are out of the race a little after mid-season. The experience won't hurt A-Rod, and Favre playing for nothing gets us nowhere.

4. TomAllen

TomAllen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    AADP said,

Yeah AADP.

Except if Favre wants to come back next year.

That is, if TT finally gives him a reason to! I doubt that he would want to if MM/TT benches him this year!

We wouldn't want that though, would we AADP?

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm not touching this one with a 16 foot pole

6. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As for play calling. Uhm it was one game. Coaches tend to call games much differently in preseason than in regular season.

If I had to take a guess, 99% of the time you kick a field goal and make it 7 to 3.

As for Favre vs. Rodgers.

Favre easily gives GB the best chance too win. Now if the Packers are out of playoff contention and Favre informs the team that he IS going to retire after the season. Then I think you let Favre play against the Vikings (last game at Lambeau and in my opinion the best way to go out) and then you start Rodgers the final game of the year against the Bears or at least play him a half.