Your Draft grades

Thompson's best draft?

• Yes

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 74.4%

• Total voters

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm hopeful for King and the other Packer picks this year (and previous), but if you look at the history of rookies on the Packers, their contributions usually are much larger after a season or two. I hope the Packers themselves aren't over relying on the need for rookies to play major roles on the team in 2017.

One rookie I see that could potentially have an impact this year is UDFA punter Justin Vogel.
When was the last time someone wore Paul Hornung's old number? Didn't Majkowski wear it his first year and then he switched to #7?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

When was the last time someone wore Paul Hornung's old number? Didn't Majkowski wear it his first year and then he switched to #7?

You're right about Majkowski wearing #5 during his first year with the Packers in 1987. The last player to appear in a game for the team wearing Hornung's old number was kicker Curtis Burrow who appeared in only a single game in 1988 though.

I remember some players decided to wear #5 during the offseason within the past few years but none of them made the final roster.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hopeful for King and the other Packer picks this year (and previous), but if you look at the history of rookies on the Packers, their contributions usually are much larger after a season or two. I hope the Packers themselves aren't over relying on the need for rookies to play major roles on the team in 2017.

One rookie I see that could potentially have an impact this year is UDFA punter Justin Vogel.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I agree he isn't going to wow anyone with distance but he can put it where he wants it.