Yikes, Bretts offcial board is being turned upside down?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
From the owner

I'm beginning to wonder if Minnesota has tired of Favre? The way the Minnesota press has turned on him and now today Jarrod Allen. Im a little surprised one of his own teammates would trash him. After all they of all people should know the toll 20 plus years of hits can take on you. The Vikings have never gone anywhere, whats the big deal?

I'm sorry but who the heck is Jarrod Allen to set a deadline. Is he the new GM? Did Childress quit and Allen is head coach?

Glad this is THEIR problem we had it for to many years

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am surprised it took this long for people to start turning on this guy.

Get your popcorn ready...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ouch. Have a link? I just realized I've never created an account over there. Has to be approved first, which is kinda funny to me. I guess that's so they can keep the detractors out?

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
lol!

I saw the Jarred Allen interview and he didn't really say anything bad except that it would be nice to know sooner rather than later in fairness to Tarvaris Jackson. Which he is 100% right about.

Shows you how far Favre and his ball cleaners have their heads up their *****.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Allen didn't say anything worth getting pissy about at all. Fraud's holding the team hostage so to speak, and Allen is more than right about needing him to make a decision. This would be driving me nuts if he were still on our team.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, this has me chuckling this morning:

Re: Sounds like Minnesota has had enough?
by jcinpa » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:53 pm

ok, this thread is scaring me... I just don't like the feeling I have now...

And then a couple other replies agreeing.

Makes me laugh. Silly Vikings, Championships are for winners.

America

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Three teams have been very happy to see Brett Favre leave. I strongly suspect the Vikings will make it a perfect 4 for 4. (no pun intended).

Seriously....I don't see how anybody can make a legitimate argument that Ted Thompson didn't do the right thing by going with Aaron Rodgers in 2008. The Packers deserve a quarterback who is committed to the team on a full-time basis and that was never going to be Favre. I know, people like to make the argument that as long as he plays well on Sunday then whether or not he attends OTAs or minicamps or the first part of training camp is irrelevant but I don't think it's irrelevant to his teammates who are sweating and bleeding and trying to build a team.

As was revealed in an article this week, nobody on the Packers was begging Favre to come back after his retirement....McGinn reported a "groundswell" of support for going with Rodgers (that would mean that the team itself wanted Rodgers instead of Favre). It was simply time for Favre to move on and if he'd been honest with the team from the start perhaps a lot of the ugliness could have been avoided.

Following the failure of getting Randy Moss prior to the 2007 season, Favre threw a hissy fit that was reported by Jay Glazer where he demanded a trade.......then said "Nah, that never happened". Then he sold his house in Green Bay. It's clear to me that Favre intended 2007 to be his final season in Green Bay and that he never forgave Ted Thompson for actually behaving like a GM and not deferring to Favre's wishes.

Again, fine. Move on. Go. But the faux retirement, the crocodile tears, the Greta interview, the manipulation of the system so he could play with Minnesota.....come on. A little bit of honesty goes a long way.

I'm glad he's in Minnesota, I'm glad he's ending their seasons, I'm glad he's adding drama to their offseason.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
officialbrettfavre.com/forum

have to register to view it

but I was told the owner that posted the thread had it deleted

For a while Brett Favre himself?? ( I say was admin) posted a blurb saying he would tell the website 1st on his intentions...

When textgate happened, people there threw a fit that the board wasnt told 1st as Brett promised..

Now they are backtracking saying Brett is employeed by the Viks and he is obligated to them too...And they will try to post it on the board 1st even if its only a few seconds b4 hand..
A few seconds before? lol

Another way of Brett changing his mind and not "lie"

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
you know the quote is Jared Allen the GM?

Well why isnt that argument okay for Brett when he was in GB?

Double standards they have is just sickening

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Big Viking fans. Don't even know how to spell their 3rd best players' first name. :lol:

I know how to spell our 3rd best players first name. It's Sam. Shields, baby. :tongue:

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
forgot to add, that when "brett" posts his intentions prob will be the owners..They always posted for Brett

They forgot as a mod I had access to ips on every post, and "Brett's" postings always had their posting ip addresses

Way to go and pretend to be Brett might have been his words but they put it off as it was Brett...Just glorified interview

Members online

Latest posts