WWE Discussion Thread...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of the older wrestling. I cant stand it today. I always watch tapes of 1995-2006. Even with The Rock back I still cant stand the product, last year was a good year though. I will watch Wrestlemania though

I feel you on the old school, Tek. I'm looking forward to Mania but I'm a bit worried fans are growing tired of seeing the same matches over and over again. I'm a huge fan of Taker, but HHH again? But all in all, I'm just glad he's back.

Tek_Forever33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but last years was a surprising classic. Im expecting the same this year. Last year was so intense though, my heart almost stopped when Triple H hit the tombstone on Taker

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Professional Wrestling is wholly planned out stage drama. It's actors are steroid pumped athletes who are fully trained and practiced before they are allowed on the stage. Granted much of what they do is painful , but if they were truly trying to hurt each other , they would quickly run out of their product. How do I know it is just a big show, I know a former wrestling champion. He had to quit due to an unplanned injury.
They practice a prepared script for what they are going say, what they are going to do in the ring, who is going to win/loose. They take Steroids and other PED's , along with vitamins to get as large as they are. Yes they workout, and practice their craft. I have attended live events , sat in the 3rd row and it is obvious they throw punches that fall short by only a hair as opponents react as though really hit. I even watch with the sound off, they are great athletes. Houdini knew how to take any punch to the belly, so do they , trust me. Some do loose focus and get hurt or hurt another , but it is all just folded into the larger that they promote. It is a fun show, but never believe it is more than a staged show .

superflyronald

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bumping this thread, if anyone's keeping up WWE and wants to talk about how awesome Dean Ambrose has been since his return.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Is wwe worthy of considering it an actual sport? It is more like a soap opera drama....same level as that jersey shore tv show. A bunch of fakes and meat heads acting out for the camera. My kid likes to watch, but i stopped liking wrestling when it became a contest to see who can be the silliest clown and cause the most fake drama.

superflyronald

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The distinction of it being a sport doesn't really take away from my enjoyment. There are plenty of Olympic sports that I'd never watch. WWE has really improved in the last five year and the world champ is Brock Lesnar, who is both no nonsense and has a real pedigree (from to college wrestling to pro football to Heavyweight champ of UFC). You might like it

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is wwe worthy of considering it an actual sport? It is more like a soap opera drama....same level as that jersey shore tv show. A bunch of fakes and meat heads acting out for the camera. My kid likes to watch, but i stopped liking wrestling when it became a contest to see who can be the silliest clown and cause the most fake drama.

I got over it being fake at age 10, and then accepted it for what it was, athletically gifted entertainers. Some people cant move on from it being scripted in some ways, but watch very scripted reality shows. I loved the show True Detective on HBO, and I never held anything against it for being scripted, in fact I would rather watch true detective than an episode of cops/forensic files/watever else.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WWE ruined King of the Ring last night.

Sheamus/Ziggler are all established and have their own momentum and should not have been there at all. They ruined a good tournament with their rivalry.

Mizdow should have been in. Maybe Ryback too.

Also hate the way they are treating Ambrose. Just when he wins, the make him lose the next match.

/rant

Members online

Latest posts