Wtf

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Damn...there goes the Bucks undefeated season!

That was ugly, I turned the game off at the half. One thing about Basketball and Baseball that I like and dislike at the same time. There are so many games, that an *** kicking like that, only serves the purpose of.....not much.

griffin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was so confused when I saw this score. I was expecting to see Gianis, Middleton, etc out but then saw Holiday and Portis were out. Loved having a bet on them and already chalking it up as a loss by the end of the 1st qtr!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was so confused when I saw this score. I was expecting to see Gianis, Middleton, etc out but then saw Holiday and Portis were out. Loved having a bet on them and already chalking it up as a loss by the end of the 1st qtr!

Lopez sat out too. I think it was a "trap game". :) They bounced back just fine and have won their next 2. I think it is pretty easy for a team to collectively take a night off, especially on the road and after a big win. It's a long season, I don't worry too much about those off nights.

griffin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Lopez sat out too. I think it was a "trap game". :) They bounced back just fine and have won their next 2. I think it is pretty easy for a team to collectively take a night off, especially on the road and after a big win. It's a long season, I don't worry too much about those off nights.
For sure! I didn't realize Lopez was out too. I for sure got trapped in that one. I usually do my research before making my bets, but figured I could take the Bucks in a Moneyline parley and get away with it. lol At least it was a small bet

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well it has become very apparent that the 3-4 Defending Champions are facing teams that are very up for a game against them and not resting players. Meanwhile, the Bucks are injured and resting guys.

When you see the following Bucks players and their minutes, you know the Bucks are sleep walking right now.

Thanasis A. : 32 minutes
G. Allen: 31
G. Hill: 30
J. Nwora: 24
J. Robinson: 24

The Bucks played without 4 of their starting players from last season:

Khris Middleton, Jrue Holiday, Brook Lopez, Donte DiVincenzo

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Now 4-5, and yeah, it's still early but the pages of the calendar are peeling off quickly it seems - hope these guys get healthy and back into form. No NBA team is going to look past the Bucks now that they have that electronic banner flying at FISERV. They're going to get every team's best.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Nice back to back wins @ Philly and @ New York in 2 days for the Bucks.

Middleton still seems to be on the Covid list (since 11/3), Lopez is fighting a back injury. Good to see some of the 2nd tier guys get playing time and contribute! G. Allen (15), Portis (17), PC (23).

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not worried yet. They can win 50 games this year without too much of a sweat. Get the injury bug out of the way early, get some floor time for the guys deep in the roster, and you can start to see where they'll be when the playoffs begin. Right now, I see them as low as a 5, but they'll be starting to peak, and be ready to play during the grueling stretch to the title.

Will they win the title this year? I think it's a reach, but that's just a guess. I'm saying that because I think there are a few teams that may have better over all talent than the Bucks. But, they'll be in the hunt, just like last year.

No matter what, they're fun to watch.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Sure hope they start to gel soon ... but oh yeah, FUN to watch even if you're not a fan of today's NBA 'game'. Man, I enjoy watching Holiday when he's ON.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure hope they start to gel soon ... but oh yeah, FUN to watch even if you're not a fan of today's NBA 'game'. Man, I enjoy watching Holiday when he's ON.
They looked pretty good of the LeBron-less Lakers Wednesday night. We were without Lopez, and Ragu, but the rest showed they can turn up the heat when they want. Connaughton continues to impress off the bench, and watching Holiday working the floor is a real change from what we've had in the past. He's got game!

Just like the Lakers are LeBron, the Bucks are Giannis. Just not quite strong enough to overcome the loss of either guy.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm not worried about the Bucks at all, except obviously injuries can kill a season. Middleton sat out a bunch of games, while in Covid protocol. It will take him a few weeks to get back into it.

They have a lot of new player this season, 7 out of 15 on the roster, 8 if you include Nwora, who had very little playing time last season. I also think that the Bucks have a much better and deeper bench than last season. Grayson Allen is playing better than anyone seemed to expect and PC has picked up his game as well.

Once they get everyone back and hopefully healthy, this team is going to show just how talented and deep they are.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not worried about the Bucks at all, except obviously injuries can kill a season. Middleton sat out a bunch of games, while in Covid protocol. It will take him a few weeks to get back into it.

They have a lot of new player this season, 7 out of 15 on the roster, 8 if you include Nwora, who had very little playing time last season. I also think that the Bucks have a much better and deeper bench than last season. Grayson Allen is playing better than anyone seemed to expect and PC has picked up his game as well.

Once they get everyone back and hopefully healthy, this team is going to show just how talented and deep they are.
I've got my fingers crossed. A repeat would be nice!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There were a few times that I questioned Buds rotations and resting of the top 5 guys last season. As it turns out he knew exactly what he was doing to keep his players as healthy and as fresh as possible for a grinding playoff stretch. It is a long NBA season and as long as you keep close to the top teams, anything is possible in the playoffs. Stay healthy, gain experience with younger players, as well as mixing up rotations to see what 5 guys on the court mesh well and a repeat is definitely a good possibility for the Bucks.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were a few times that I questioned Buds rotations and resting of the top 5 guys last season. As it turns out he knew exactly what he was doing to keep his players as healthy and as fresh as possible for a grinding playoff stretch. It is a long NBA season and as long as you keep close to the top teams, anything is possible in the playoffs. Stay healthy, gain experience with younger players, as well as mixing up rotations to see what 5 guys on the court mesh well and a repeat is definitely a good possibility for the Bucks.
I have to agree on the rotations, and roles he assigned to players at times last year. I kept hearing how they were dictated by the match ups, but I didn't always agree, because you can't put a slower guy at 6-10 on a guy who's 6-3, and can burn you on drives. Essentially that's what happened quite often to Lopez, because of the rotations. Fortunately, that went away in the playoffs, except in games we got burned.

I'm still not totally convinced Bud is as good a coach as some people believe.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
With the recent signings of DeMarcus Cousins and Wes Matthews, I am really liking the Bucks chances of repeating. Their depth is much better than it was last season and I think even better than the bench they had in the 2019 season. With Brooke Lopez recently undergoing back surgery, he may not be back for quite some time, if at all. Portis and Cousins have been playing really well, but getting Brooke back for the stretch run and playoffs might just put the Bucks into the "very hard to beat" category.

The first quarter of the season was a bit rough with Middleton missing 8 games, Holiday missing 6 and Giannis missing 3. However, the Bucks are now 11-0 when their Big 3 are in the lineup.

Side note.....Happy Birthday to Giannis. He turned 27 yesterday! If he plays another 10 or so seasons, he is going to rewrite some of the record books.

Members online

Latest posts